STD Tuning Engine Custom oil pan, was "Rear sump, dry sump, or angle the engine?"

Custom oil pan, was "Rear sump, dry sump, or angle the engine?"

Custom oil pan, was "Rear sump, dry sump, or angle the engine?"

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Jim_Morrison
Unregistered

05-17-2011, 10:31 PM #51
has this gone anywhere or did you give up I am blown away with your skills way to go man
Jim_Morrison
05-17-2011, 10:31 PM #51

has this gone anywhere or did you give up I am blown away with your skills way to go man

300D50
Graphite Moderator, ala RBMK

05-18-2011, 12:55 AM #52
Right now it's on the engine, I'm waiting to find time to build the motor mounts before I commit to the design of the sump.

1990 Power Ram 50 V6 SOHC 24V 6g72

I can be wrong, don't take everything I say as verbatim, please fact-check first.
My posts are my personal opinions and thoughts, unless otherwise noted.
300D50
05-18-2011, 12:55 AM #52

Right now it's on the engine, I'm waiting to find time to build the motor mounts before I commit to the design of the sump.

I can be wrong, don't take everything I say as verbatim, please fact-check first.

300D50
Graphite Moderator, ala RBMK

06-20-2011, 09:36 AM #53
(02-11-2011, 08:36 PM)willbhere4u looks nice I would like to know about the oil pump as well for my om616 turbo project!

Forgot to reply to this one, heh...

You should be able to use the turbo oil pump without issue, as long as the crank can fit the longer double-sprocket to drive it.

You will need to clearance the block in the front where the front main seal is to clear the chain, and modify the upper oil pan to hold the seal out further and clear the chain and sprocket.

Other than that, it should be as easy as getting the #1 main bearing retainer and the oil pump/chain/sprocket/etc from a turbo 617.

The pump will physically fit in place of the NA one since it's designed to do so.

300D50
06-20-2011, 09:36 AM #53

(02-11-2011, 08:36 PM)willbhere4u looks nice I would like to know about the oil pump as well for my om616 turbo project!

Forgot to reply to this one, heh...

You should be able to use the turbo oil pump without issue, as long as the crank can fit the longer double-sprocket to drive it.

You will need to clearance the block in the front where the front main seal is to clear the chain, and modify the upper oil pan to hold the seal out further and clear the chain and sprocket.

Other than that, it should be as easy as getting the #1 main bearing retainer and the oil pump/chain/sprocket/etc from a turbo 617.

The pump will physically fit in place of the NA one since it's designed to do so.

Freefuel
Naturally-aspirated

07-02-2012, 01:01 PM #54
I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but I will include it for future visitors who may want to use an OM616/OM617 in a non MB vehicle....

for tha oil pan SNAFU, http://www.mercedesdiesel4x4.com/category_s/1818.htm inaddition to oil pan trimming and welding they also offer slew of adapters at prices that don't make me cringe.

for folks that like automatic transmisstions, http://www.transmissionadapters.com/Merc...diesel.htm I would acctually consider using a 4L60E WITH a computer to replace the factory auto in a 300D, think about it you can do a fully custome mapping of the shift points to get the best/safest drivability.
Freefuel
07-02-2012, 01:01 PM #54

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but I will include it for future visitors who may want to use an OM616/OM617 in a non MB vehicle....

for tha oil pan SNAFU, http://www.mercedesdiesel4x4.com/category_s/1818.htm inaddition to oil pan trimming and welding they also offer slew of adapters at prices that don't make me cringe.

for folks that like automatic transmisstions, http://www.transmissionadapters.com/Merc...diesel.htm I would acctually consider using a 4L60E WITH a computer to replace the factory auto in a 300D, think about it you can do a fully custome mapping of the shift points to get the best/safest drivability.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average