STD Tuning Engine Anyone got bigger elements for electronic M pump?

Anyone got bigger elements for electronic M pump?

Anyone got bigger elements for electronic M pump?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TurboTim
Holset

09-09-2016, 01:39 PM #1
Dieselmeken wont responds but I am looking for some bigger elements for my electric M pump. I currently have just a mechanical pump 160cc pump from him but just cant get the high RPM fuel I want. I am hoping with DSL1 controller and bigger elements in that I can meet my needs. What is Myna's website and do they do E pumps?

87 300SDL OM606 swapped HE351VE 722.633 swapped, Crower cams, KM valvesprings
76 300TD custom lots of stuff
06 Mercedes CL65 AMG 619 WHP, http://TurboTims.com
TurboTim
09-09-2016, 01:39 PM #1

Dieselmeken wont responds but I am looking for some bigger elements for my electric M pump. I currently have just a mechanical pump 160cc pump from him but just cant get the high RPM fuel I want. I am hoping with DSL1 controller and bigger elements in that I can meet my needs. What is Myna's website and do they do E pumps?

R-3350
Dreaming of compounds

09-09-2016, 02:27 PM #2
the electronic and mechanical pumps are the same except for the governor. what works in one pump is the same in the other. there might be some slight differences in the rack travel limits i am not sure, this might affect the maximum fuel from a given element. but Dieselmeken and most any other m pump builder will install larger elements for you. i believe Dieselmeken has a video on his Facebook of a 606 with the stock electronic pump and larger elements showing how it behaves with no software mods.
R-3350
09-09-2016, 02:27 PM #2

the electronic and mechanical pumps are the same except for the governor. what works in one pump is the same in the other. there might be some slight differences in the rack travel limits i am not sure, this might affect the maximum fuel from a given element. but Dieselmeken and most any other m pump builder will install larger elements for you. i believe Dieselmeken has a video on his Facebook of a 606 with the stock electronic pump and larger elements showing how it behaves with no software mods.

barrote
Superturbo

09-09-2016, 02:49 PM #3
how come u don´t have enough fuel in high RPM?
how much do u need and at what RPM?
Be aware that the M EDC is almost identical to a mechanical M apart from the governor.
There are some blueprint that has to be made in order to have "stupids" amounts of fuel at high RPM´s .
For instance a pump runing at 2k (eng 4k)with 1,50mml output(150cc) will put out a lot of liters every minute.
Test tables set the test in the 1000rpm region , but i have seen some pumps with dificiencies "somewhere" and they canot pump out the same amount at 3000k by that speed the pumping eficiency drops dwn a lot. even with feed pressures in the 5 bar region, wich enough to put fuel out everiwhere. irespective of the governor.

In my opinion a fuel delivery system has to be made too, in the bench(i have) we can feed 1000lts/hour at about 5 bar this is the limit, i wont be surprised if we end up needing something like this in the vehicle.

take a look at this vid , here u can see what´s the diff in a real superpump, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNyZ3nFAKkU

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
09-09-2016, 02:49 PM #3

how come u don´t have enough fuel in high RPM?
how much do u need and at what RPM?
Be aware that the M EDC is almost identical to a mechanical M apart from the governor.
There are some blueprint that has to be made in order to have "stupids" amounts of fuel at high RPM´s .
For instance a pump runing at 2k (eng 4k)with 1,50mml output(150cc) will put out a lot of liters every minute.
Test tables set the test in the 1000rpm region , but i have seen some pumps with dificiencies "somewhere" and they canot pump out the same amount at 3000k by that speed the pumping eficiency drops dwn a lot. even with feed pressures in the 5 bar region, wich enough to put fuel out everiwhere. irespective of the governor.

In my opinion a fuel delivery system has to be made too, in the bench(i have) we can feed 1000lts/hour at about 5 bar this is the limit, i wont be surprised if we end up needing something like this in the vehicle.

take a look at this vid , here u can see what´s the diff in a real superpump, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNyZ3nFAKkU

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

TurboTim
Holset

09-09-2016, 07:10 PM #4
Barrote you are the one who got me on this tangent. The governor pulls fuel at higher rpm. Remember I was adjusting my tq control capsule to get more fuel up top. I have it as much adjusted as possible. It actually runs away if I rev it not in get Gear.

TurboTim
09-09-2016, 07:10 PM #4

Barrote you are the one who got me on this tangent. The governor pulls fuel at higher rpm. Remember I was adjusting my tq control capsule to get more fuel up top. I have it as much adjusted as possible. It actually runs away if I rev it not in get Gear.

TurboTim
Holset

09-09-2016, 07:19 PM #5
I assume with Buldur's controller you can have full rack travel all the way to 7k RPM. The stock pump starts pulling fuel I bet 2-3k RPM sooner. This is why I wanna try an E pump. My M Pump just wont supply the 160cc it does at low RPM. My car makes 370HP no matter what I do to it. I can spray a 125 shot. TQ goes way up but my top end HP just stays the same meaning I have no more fuel up to to burn. I run 10psi fuel pressure plus boost. So roughly 40 something fuel pressure with boost.

TurboTim
09-09-2016, 07:19 PM #5

I assume with Buldur's controller you can have full rack travel all the way to 7k RPM. The stock pump starts pulling fuel I bet 2-3k RPM sooner. This is why I wanna try an E pump. My M Pump just wont supply the 160cc it does at low RPM. My car makes 370HP no matter what I do to it. I can spray a 125 shot. TQ goes way up but my top end HP just stays the same meaning I have no more fuel up to to burn. I run 10psi fuel pressure plus boost. So roughly 40 something fuel pressure with boost.

TurboTim
Holset

09-09-2016, 07:27 PM #6
In that video he shows it flows 242cc but that is at low RPM. I see he revs it to 7k but he doesnt show the flow there.

TurboTim
09-09-2016, 07:27 PM #6

In that video he shows it flows 242cc but that is at low RPM. I see he revs it to 7k but he doesnt show the flow there.

R-3350
Dreaming of compounds

09-09-2016, 10:06 PM #7
i am more familiar with the MW series pumps. but the M series have basically the same governor with a different layout. the torque control capsule regulates the fueling curve below the max speed governor control level. the torque capsule should minimally affect fueling up high. to change that you would need a stiffer high idle spring or increase the tension on the stock spring. i am not sure on the M pump but the MW the max speed governor stock can only be increased a few hundred RPM at best due to the short length of the adjusting screw. you can replace it with a longer one to hold off de-fueling to a higher RPM. this is what you seem to be after. i would look into how much adjustment is available in the high idle screw, consider the length of the screw vs the coil bind in the spring if its near bind with the stock screw maxed you probably need to install a stiffer spring if not the you could install a longer adjustment screw. as for replacing the max speed/high idle governor spring i would be hesitant to do this myself. i would recommend that you send a pump to dieselmeken or similar shop to do this. something else to consider is that regardless of the governor larger elements can have a difficulty filling completely at a high RPM. thus with full rack travel your fueling would decrease above some rpm due to the physical limits of the elements ability to fill.
R-3350
09-09-2016, 10:06 PM #7

i am more familiar with the MW series pumps. but the M series have basically the same governor with a different layout. the torque control capsule regulates the fueling curve below the max speed governor control level. the torque capsule should minimally affect fueling up high. to change that you would need a stiffer high idle spring or increase the tension on the stock spring. i am not sure on the M pump but the MW the max speed governor stock can only be increased a few hundred RPM at best due to the short length of the adjusting screw. you can replace it with a longer one to hold off de-fueling to a higher RPM. this is what you seem to be after. i would look into how much adjustment is available in the high idle screw, consider the length of the screw vs the coil bind in the spring if its near bind with the stock screw maxed you probably need to install a stiffer spring if not the you could install a longer adjustment screw. as for replacing the max speed/high idle governor spring i would be hesitant to do this myself. i would recommend that you send a pump to dieselmeken or similar shop to do this. something else to consider is that regardless of the governor larger elements can have a difficulty filling completely at a high RPM. thus with full rack travel your fueling would decrease above some rpm due to the physical limits of the elements ability to fill.

barrote
Superturbo

09-10-2016, 03:52 AM #8
(09-09-2016, 07:27 PM)TurboTim In that video he shows it flows 242cc but that is at low RPM. I see he revs it to 7k but he doesnt show the flow there.

Thats what i was trying to explain , tell u , make a remark ,  however u want to see it...
200cc fuel output at 7K needs a highly moded pump , and it may not be possible , weather in a EDC or a Mech M. What is the barier that is stoping u from seeing the light......
Lets open the window a bit more do we , intead of being teased...
why dont u spend your Money in opening the fill port in the element, equip the pump with harder recovery springs, grind cam, 18mm rolers , element top cut.... and so on...
Rent a bench , and test!!!

FD,