STD Tuning Engine w202 om605 basics

w202 om605 basics

w202 om605 basics

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RICHIS
Naturally-aspirated

06-24-2012, 09:45 AM #1
started playing with my c250td today how do you run more boost thru the turbo as it seems the turbo is done thru some sort of vacum system is it a case of teeing off the actuator and running a feed to the inlet to get a normal feed for a mbc?

cheers
RICHIS
06-24-2012, 09:45 AM #1

started playing with my c250td today how do you run more boost thru the turbo as it seems the turbo is done thru some sort of vacum system is it a case of teeing off the actuator and running a feed to the inlet to get a normal feed for a mbc?

cheers

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

06-24-2012, 04:36 PM #2
Fuelling and Turbo boost controlled by ECU. The wastegate is Vacuum controlled by ECU from vehicle's vac system.
--Messing with the turbo on its own will do nothing--except maybe stuff it up.-- You need Extra Fuel--As well as Extra Air to make more power

--That's all controlled by the ECU....

Re-map is your easiest option.
This post was last modified: 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM by Alastair E.

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
06-24-2012, 04:36 PM #2

Fuelling and Turbo boost controlled by ECU. The wastegate is Vacuum controlled by ECU from vehicle's vac system.
--Messing with the turbo on its own will do nothing--except maybe stuff it up.-- You need Extra Fuel--As well as Extra Air to make more power

RICHIS
Naturally-aspirated

06-24-2012, 05:32 PM #3
(06-24-2012, 04:36 PM)Alastair E Fuelling and Turbo boost controlled by ECU. The wastegate is Vacuum controlled by ECU from vehicle's vac system.

i can max the fueling out at the turn of a nob just it seems the ecus backing off the boost a fair bit higer in the range plus with other cars ive had mbcs on ive got spool a bit sooner with a nice midrange boost spike.
RICHIS
06-24-2012, 05:32 PM #3

(06-24-2012, 04:36 PM)Alastair E Fuelling and Turbo boost controlled by ECU. The wastegate is Vacuum controlled by ECU from vehicle's vac system.

i can max the fueling out at the turn of a nob just it seems the ecus backing off the boost a fair bit higer in the range plus with other cars ive had mbcs on ive got spool a bit sooner with a nice midrange boost spike.

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

06-25-2012, 05:00 AM #4
(06-24-2012, 05:32 PM)RICHIS

Errr----

From that cryptic reply, Sounds like you've modded the F.B. loop to ECU with one of 'em daft variable-resistors!
--REALLY CRUDDY way of doing things......

ONLY way to do it Properly is by a re-map.

The ECU controls the wastegate via the vac system. Its NOT like a common or garden system.

You know...?
--Its best to describe what you have already done IN FULL before asking for help, or we aint got a clue what you're on about, or how to assist!
--By MBCS, I assume some kind of 'bleed-valve' or boost modulator control-valve--Which will NOT function properly with the OM.605 Vacuum controlled system
This post was last modified: 06-25-2012, 05:08 AM by Alastair E.

Alastair E
06-25-2012, 05:00 AM #4

Errr----

From that cryptic reply, Sounds like you've modded the F.B. loop to ECU with one of 'em daft variable-resistors!

The ECU controls the wastegate via the vac system. Its NOT like a common or garden system.

You know...?
--Its best to describe what you have already done IN FULL before asking for help, or we aint got a clue what you're on about, or how to assist!
--By MBCS, I assume some kind of 'bleed-valve' or boost modulator control-valve--Which will NOT function properly with the OM.605 Vacuum controlled system

RICHIS
Naturally-aspirated

06-25-2012, 09:30 AM #5
(06-25-2012, 05:00 AM)Alastair E

Errr----

You know...?

yeh running a 2.k resistor with a 5.5k pot inline .. didnt think there was a easy way to remap these cars thought it was a chip out reflash a new chip then back out job .

looks like il have to do a bit more research then as i will want to run more than std boost with the holset fitted.

cheers
RICHIS
06-25-2012, 09:30 AM #5

(06-25-2012, 05:00 AM)Alastair E

Errr----

You know...?

yeh running a 2.k resistor with a 5.5k pot inline .. didnt think there was a easy way to remap these cars thought it was a chip out reflash a new chip then back out job .

looks like il have to do a bit more research then as i will want to run more than std boost with the holset fitted.

cheers

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average