STD
w202 om605 basics - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: w202 om605 basics (/showthread.php?tid=3748)

w202 om605 basics - RICHIS - 06-24-2012

started playing with my c250td today how do you run more boost thru the turbo as it seems the turbo is done thru some sort of vacum system is it a case of teeing off the actuator and running a feed to the inlet to get a normal feed for a mbc?

cheers

RE: w202 om605 basics - Alastair E - 06-24-2012

Fuelling and Turbo boost controlled by ECU. The wastegate is Vacuum controlled by ECU from vehicle's vac system.
--Messing with the turbo on its own will do nothing--except maybe stuff it up.-- You need Extra Fuel--As well as Extra Air to make more power

--That's all controlled by the ECU....

Re-map is your easiest option.

RE: w202 om605 basics - RICHIS - 06-24-2012

(06-24-2012, 04:36 PM)Alastair E Fuelling and Turbo boost controlled by ECU. The wastegate is Vacuum controlled by ECU from vehicle's vac system.
--Messing with the turbo on its own will do nothing--except maybe stuff it up.-- You need Extra Fuel--As well as Extra Air to make more power

i can max the fueling out at the turn of a nob just it seems the ecus backing off the boost a fair bit higer in the range plus with other cars ive had mbcs on ive got spool a bit sooner with a nice midrange boost spike.

RE: w202 om605 basics - Alastair E - 06-25-2012

(06-24-2012, 05:32 PM)RICHIS
(06-24-2012, 04:36 PM)Alastair E Fuelling and Turbo boost controlled by ECU. The wastegate is Vacuum controlled by ECU from vehicle's vac system.

i can max the fueling out at the turn of a nob just it seems the ecus backing off the boost a fair bit higer in the range plus with other cars ive had mbcs on ive got spool a bit sooner with a nice midrange boost spike.

Errr----

From that cryptic reply, Sounds like you've modded the F.B. loop to ECU with one of 'em daft variable-resistors!
--REALLY CRUDDY way of doing things......

ONLY way to do it Properly is by a re-map.

The ECU controls the wastegate via the vac system. Its NOT like a common or garden system.

You know...?
--Its best to describe what you have already done IN FULL before asking for help, or we aint got a clue what you're on about, or how to assist!
--By MBCS, I assume some kind of 'bleed-valve' or boost modulator control-valve--Which will NOT function properly with the OM.605 Vacuum controlled system

RE: w202 om605 basics - RICHIS - 06-25-2012

(06-25-2012, 05:00 AM)Alastair E
(06-24-2012, 05:32 PM)RICHIS

Errr----

From that cryptic reply, Sounds like you've modded the F.B. loop to ECU with one of 'em daft variable-resistors!
--REALLY CRUDDY way of doing things......

ONLY way to do it Properly is by a re-map.

The ECU controls the wastegate via the vac system. Its NOT like a common or garden system.

You know...?
--Its best to describe what you have already done IN FULL before asking for help, or we aint got a clue what you're on about, or how to assist!
--By MBCS, I assume some kind of 'bleed-valve' or boost modulator control-valve--Which will NOT function properly with the OM.605 Vacuum controlled system

yeh running a 2.k resistor with a 5.5k pot inline .. didnt think there was a easy way to remap these cars thought it was a chip out reflash a new chip then back out job .

looks like il have to do a bit more research then as i will want to run more than std boost with the holset fitted.

cheers