STD
New years resolutions/project plans? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New years resolutions/project plans? (/showthread.php?tid=4209)

New years resolutions/project plans? - larsalan - 12-31-2012

So another year has gone. Now it's time to reflect on what went right and what went wrong.

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - larsalan - 12-31-2012

I resolve to cook and make more fries. I got this fry cutter thing for xmas and it is badass!

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - sassparilla_kid - 12-31-2012

I resolve to give no fucks

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - MFSuper90 - 01-03-2013

I resolve to get a hx30 or he221 for the benz, fix the head gasket, and get my PC's worked over.
Also i am going to get my N90 injectors in my 3-71 detriot pulling tractor, and get my Bosch VE pump on my other pulling tractor.

Thats just a start Smile

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - Simpler=Better - 01-03-2013

I resolve to NOT turbo the DD even though there's a turbo manifold on CL for $10

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - Greazzer - 01-04-2013

I am resolved in selling off 4 cars and completing the 2 MB car projects I got cooking, then resolved to clear out the garage of about 1,000 pounds of parts and car items! So my wife says to the forgoing ... LOL

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - larsalan - 01-04-2013

I am going to fix this heater core this year. I just swapped out the radiator because it was leaking. I wonder what can be causing all the fuss in the cooling circuit?
One time about 2 yrs ago this one hose to the heater core blew out. I wonder if that's when all the trouble started?
Also I see that one of the transmission fluid cooling hard lines seems to be leaking. This leaking ass bitch drives me nuts Wink

Maybe the heater core is fine? Just a hose could have come loose. That would be ideal.

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - Simpler=Better - 01-04-2013

(01-04-2013, 03:13 PM)larsalan I am going to fix this heater core this year. I just swapped out the radiator because it was leaking. I wonder what can be causing all the fuss in the cooling circuit?
One time about 2 yrs ago this one hose to the heater core blew out. I wonder if that's when all the trouble started?
Also I see that one of the transmission fluid cooling hard lines seems to be leaking. This leaking ass bitch drives me nuts Wink

Maybe the heater core is fine? Just a hose could have come loose. That would be ideal.

God luck man. Sounds like a corrosion issue-are you using DI water with your coolant?

Swap to manual and you won't have any more transmission cooler leaks Smile

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - larsalan - 01-04-2013

nah, it is just tap water. And I am always seeing rust in the bottom of the radiator. I plan to get into the dash tomorrow.

RE: New years resolutions/project plans? - MFSuper90 - 01-08-2013

(01-04-2013, 03:13 PM)larsalan I am going to fix this heater core this year. I just swapped out the radiator because it was leaking. I wonder what can be causing all the fuss in the cooling circuit?

I am right there with you, my car leaks like a damn two stroke Detroit, possibly more! haha