STD
Some ICON's for your Benz! - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suspension (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Some ICON's for your Benz! (/showthread.php?tid=4173)

Some ICON's for your Benz! - Captain America - 12-13-2012

I work at ICON Vehicle Dynamics. www.iconvehicledynamics.com We manufacture off road race shocks and lift kits. Although we just do off road and go fast stuff, they can build any shock for almost any application. I will have some 2.0 shocks built for my 300D. They can do stuff longer or shorter, softer or stiffer, Its up to you. I will have them valved pretty tight, as I like to feel the road and would like to get the most handling out of it that I can. They run just over $100 a shock but are well worth the price. Everything start to finish is done here in SoCal and you can admire the quality in pictures alone.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448874698480651&l=5183886296

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=449272791774175&l=f86eca232c

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=464362756931845&l=72c93208db

I am not trying to sell anything here, just making it known that if you'd like a high quality, rebuildable, customizable shock for your Benz, hit me up!

I will throw my current shocks on our dyno to see where they're at and go from there. If someone would like to send a better shock to go from, that would be cool too!

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - raysorenson - 12-13-2012

Whoa. Does ICON do digressive valving? High and low speed damping? Struts?

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - sassparilla_kid - 12-13-2012

Hmmmm, sounds like this could be pretty sweet

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - SurfRodder - 12-14-2012

you have my attention!

and being local (somewhat) I can cruise up there and pick em up...

any chance of doing a coilover? After modifying my cherokee for King 2.5s up front I think that if I were to do the suspension in the 300D again I'd try to retrofit coilovers there as well...

actually, I still havent replaced the shocks on the back of the XJ... im runnning 6.5 RE leafs and drop brackets, putting it somewhere near 8" lift out back... do you guys have something for that as well?

I'd be willing to buy a new bilstein HD/sport/whatever for testing if you thin that would be better.. im runnign HDs on all 4 corners now and with the springs I have it feels pretty good in the turns... not quite sports car, but def. good for a sedan

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - Captain America - 12-31-2012

(12-13-2012, 09:27 AM)raysorenson Whoa. Does ICON do digressive valving? High and low speed damping? Struts?

I believe they can do digressive, but would have to ask to be certain. We dont do any struts..

(12-14-2012, 10:44 AM)SurfRodder you have my attention!

and being local (somewhat) I can cruise up there and pick em up...

any chance of doing a coilover? After modifying my cherokee for King 2.5s up front I think that if I were to do the suspension in the 300D again I'd try to retrofit coilovers there as well...

actually, I still havent replaced the shocks on the back of the XJ... im runnning 6.5 RE leafs and drop brackets, putting it somewhere near 8" lift out back... do you guys have something for that as well?

I'd be willing to buy a new bilstein HD/sport/whatever for testing if you thin that would be better.. im runnign HDs on all 4 corners now and with the springs I have it feels pretty good in the turns... not quite sports car, but def. good for a sedan

Yes we can do 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 coil over setups. Like I said, we dont have anything Benz or Cherokee (XJ) specific at the moment, but we can make anything you need.

I was only thinking that a new Bilstein HD or whatever would be good to get a baseline on our shock dyno, then we can change the valving from there Wink

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - MFSuper90 - 12-31-2012

Hold on... Is this the same ICON that was doing the old four door W200 Dodge Cummins swap that was featured in Diesel Power?

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - 300SD_KY - 01-04-2013

i've currently got, from Germany, H&R sport springs for the W116 ... on my '79 300SD. Handles & looks great in summer when I've got the AMG Ronals on ... but when I switch (as now) to the stock bundts in winter ... too low for my taste.
How adjustable are the shocks? What else to know?

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - Captain America - 01-07-2013

(12-31-2012, 12:28 PM)MFSuper90 Hold on... Is this the same ICON that was doing the old four door W200 Dodge Cummins swap that was featured in Diesel Power?

Dont think so. Do you have any more info?

(01-04-2013, 09:03 PM)300SD_KY i've currently got, from Germany, H&R sport springs for the W116 ... on my '79 300SD. Handles & looks great in summer when I've got the AMG Ronals on ... but when I switch (as now) to the stock bundts in winter ... too low for my taste.

You mean valving or ride height with coilovers?

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - MFSuper90 - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 02:00 AM)Captain America
(12-31-2012, 12:28 PM)MFSuper90 Hold on... Is this the same ICON that was doing the old four door W200 Dodge Cummins swap that was featured in Diesel Power?

Dont think so. Do you have any more info?

(01-04-2013, 09:03 PM)300SD_KY i've currently got, from Germany, H&R sport springs for the W116 ... on my '79 300SD. Handles & looks great in summer when I've got the AMG Ronals on ... but when I switch (as now) to the stock bundts in winter ... too low for my taste.

You mean valving or ride height with coilovers?

Icon D200

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - SurfRodder - 01-08-2013

(12-31-2012, 12:27 AM)Captain America Yes we can do 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 coil over setups. Like I said, we dont have anything Benz or Cherokee (XJ) specific at the moment, but we can make anything you need.

I was only thinking that a new Bilstein HD or whatever would be good to get a baseline on our shock dyno, then we can change the valving from there Wink

Awesome, I will definitely be hitting you up for both projects in the coming months... last quarter at UCSD so I should be able to start knocking shit out really fast afterwards...

I am in the middle of swapping my stroker out of the old XJ into one that a friend of mine had partially plated before getting a killer deal on one that was further along... my old one had a pretty tired chassis so it made sense...but that also forced me to upgrade brakes, suspension etc... gotta get that pig back on (and off) the road so I can do more in depth stuff on the 300...like manifolds and turbo... and prolly a ton of other shite thats currently sitting on the shelf in my garage...and free up some time/space to look at coilover setup for the 123...that'd be right up my alley...

As for the HD shock, LMK if you want me to donate one to the cause. Northside Imports generally has them in stock down here for a reasonable price.

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - DeliveryValve - 02-06-2013

I got front and rear Bilsteins HD's that I can send for testing.... As long as I can get them back. LolBig Grin

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - Captain America - 02-26-2013

Yeah DV, I'll even pay the shipping!

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - Simpler=Better - 02-26-2013

Parcel post is your friend, it will be like half the cost of normal shipping.

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - DeliveryValve - 02-26-2013

(02-26-2013, 02:30 AM)Captain America Yeah DV, I'll even pay the shipping!

Get-R-Done!

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - garage - 08-31-2013

Sent you a PM Cody.
Got a w124 I wanna slam...

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - mike-81-240d - 09-07-2013

Wait so you guys could make up a set of coilovers for the front of a W123, or just adjustable shocks?

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - w123love - 09-07-2013

I dunno what cody's dealio is anymore...but I do know he doesn't work for Icon anymore. I don't mean to spill any beans on his behalf, but he hasn't responded in a while.

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - mike-81-240d - 09-08-2013

Oh well. Back to the air suspension thought process. A w123 with fully adjustable front coilovers would be amazing. Sad

RE: Some ICON's for your Benz! - sassparilla_kid - 09-08-2013

(09-07-2013, 11:04 PM)w123love I dunno what cody's dealio is anymore...but I do know he doesn't work for Icon anymore. I don't mean to spill any beans on his behalf, but he hasn't responded in a while.

I think he is taking a hiatus from the interweb, although I do talk with him occasionally via facebook