STD
Vacuum and fuel cut - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Maintenance (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Vacuum and fuel cut (/showthread.php?tid=314)

Vacuum and fuel cut - someone - 04-08-2009

Swapping an OM617 into my Toyota... I did not pay enough attention when I pulled the motor to the Vacuum system.

Fuel Cut- does the fuel cut have constant vacuum going to it and cut the vacuum when you turn the key off, or is it the opposite?

Alda Vacuum- Can I just hook all of these lines up to the main vacuum line, or do they need to connect in a certain order?

by the end of today I think this will be all I have left to do, going to finish the cooling and electrcal this afternoon, I would love to take her for a test drive tonight...

if anyone has any insight it would be great.

Here is a link to the swap.
http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8362

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - winmutt - 04-08-2009

Fuel cut: vac == shutoff.
ALDA: has no vacuum, that is boost from the back of the intake manifold.

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - someone - 04-08-2009

(04-08-2009, 11:07 AM)winmutt Fuel cut: vac == shutoff.
ALDA: has no vacuum, that is boost from the back of the intake manifold.

therfore the fuel cut needs vacuum for the engine to start? I have a solenoid I can use to turn it off, so I just need to hook it to the vacuum pump?

there are a few vacuum lines on top of the IP... where do they go? Thanks I am kind of lost on this setup.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=489]

A is boost to ARV - (WHAT IS THE ARV)
B is boost from manifold - ( Front of manifold)
E is shutoff valve i think (NEEDS FULLTIME VAC TO RUN?)
C is vac vent from cabin (NOT NEEDED?)
D is either from the main vac line or to the trans cant remember.(NOT NEEDED?)

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - 300SD81 - 04-08-2009

The engine STOPS when vacuum is applied to the fuel shutoff. Are you using a mercedes automatic transmission? C and D can be ignored if your not. The ARV is an emissions device, you most likely want to disable/remove it during the swap, just cap that off or replace it with a standard banjo bolt without the hose nipple.

I am using a Toyota transmission, thanks, that cleared some stuff up..

any idea on the glow plug controller wiring?

I found it before but am having trouble now...

Figured out the glow plugs...

I got the truck started, it will run for 5 to 10 seconds and then dies, no matter how I have the throttle applied, It will do this over and over again no problem... It is not the fuel cut as I applied vac to it and the truck wont start at all... what am I missing? any ideas?

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - winmutt - 04-09-2009

Linkage WOT? Air in fuel?

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - someone - 04-12-2009

(04-09-2009, 11:33 AM)winmutt Linkage WOT? Air in fuel?

ended up being the fuel cut, I forgot to plug it... I have it hooked up now to a vacuum switch so I can turn the truck off from a button on the dash.. The truck drives awsome.
[Image: engineswaps090.jpg]
[Image: th_engineswaps091.jpg]

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - winmutt - 04-13-2009

Get rid of all that crap on the valve cover.

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - tantank79 - 04-13-2009

So wait a minute, you're using the Toyota transmission?! We MUST have more information on how you mated the engine/trans!

Please start a thread in the drivetrain section.

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - kamel - 04-13-2009

Cool swap. Sounds like a toyota starter to me. Wink

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - winmutt - 04-14-2009

If you guys check out the thread at the 4btswaps link listed at the top, he's got a full build process.

RE: Vacuum and fuel cut - GREASY_BEAST - 04-15-2009

Nice job man! I like your method of marking the tranny bolt holes in the adapter. Also, it looks like the starter is in the correct place for putting a toyota tranny in a benz.. Do they make a 2WD 5spd with the same pattern? How much torque can these little things take?