STD
Purple turbo 240D - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Purple turbo 240D (/showthread.php?tid=3076)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-02-2014

It looks 500x better than before, good job kid. You mark off Benzefest on your calendar yet?

Don't sweat a few swirls you can only see with a macro lense.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-02-2014

(06-02-2014, 11:44 AM)Simpler=Better It looks 500x better than before, good job kid. You mark off Benzefest on your calendar yet?

Don't sweat a few swirls you can only see with a macro lense.

Thanks! Im super happy with the work. I spent about $120 bucks in total with supplies. Much cheaper then the $400 I got quoted just for the fender alone.

I have some paint left over. Going to use it as touch up to fix some spots.

OH! im getting a refudn from AZ for the master cylinder. The slave I tore apart to rebuild the old one.

should I get a steering damper or replace the center support bushing? Both I need but which one do you guys think is best to do now.

as far as Benzfest, when is it???

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-02-2014

Benzefest is August 23rd, bring the 240DTDTDTDTT

Post #1299
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/events-gatherings/228523-southeast-pa-gtg-87.html

For the AC fan grab a junkyard fan from any car or a cheapo ebay fan. Just make sure the blades are connected with a ring on the outer diameter-it helps with stability.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-05-2014

(06-02-2014, 01:56 PM)Simpler=Better Benzefest is August 23rd, bring the 240DTDTDTDTT

Post #1299
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/events-gatherings/228523-southeast-pa-gtg-87.html

For the AC fan grab a junkyard fan from any car or a cheapo ebay fan. Just make sure the blades are connected with a ring on the outer diameter-it helps with stability.

So far my girlfriend is down to go, might make a little vacation out of it.

Yesterday my clutch pedal went soft again. Tried bleeding it this morning but no avail.

Theres a lot of gunk in the fluid and i am 100% sure that the problem is the fluid itself.

I bought this

http://www.amazon.com/ATE-706202-Original-Brake-Fluid/dp/B003VXRPL0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1401981168&sr=1-1&keywords=brake+fluid

going to completely flush the system and bleed everything with new fluid. Hopefully It will do the trick. I also bought a new slave cylinder not from autozone just in case i didnt rebuilt it properly.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - JB3 - 06-06-2014

(06-05-2014, 10:29 AM)Purplecomputer
(06-02-2014, 01:56 PM)Simpler=Better Benzefest is August 23rd, bring the 240DTDTDTDTT

Post #1299

So far my girlfriend is down to go, might make a little vacation out of it.

Yesterday my clutch pedal went soft again. Tried bleeding it this morning but no avail.

Theres a lot of gunk in the fluid and i am 100% sure that the problem is the fluid itself.

I bought this

http://www.amazon.com/ATE-706202-Original-Brake-Fluid/dp/B003VXRPL0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1401981168&sr=1-1&keywords=brake+fluid

going to completely flush the system and bleed everything with new fluid. Hopefully It will do the trick. I also bought a new slave cylinder not from autozone just in case i didnt rebuilt it properly.

you are closer by a few hours, but the last time I went I went the night before and stayed overnight local. Was way more enjoyable, and I didn't smell of stale sweat and fear after driving through NYC like I did the first couple times.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-10-2014

JB3,

Looks like ill be able to make it this summer. Working more hours, started a savings account. Ill just be having some more money. Finally got my shit together.

Still been having problems with the clutch.

Replaced the slave, then the master went, so Im waiting on the new master to come in today.

Hopefully I can get all of this sorted out and drive my lil old 240D again.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-11-2014

Well its been fun guys.

Although I'm remaining hopeful I have a feeling it won't go over well. Yesterday while waiting for a new master clutch cylinder.
The garbage men backed up win to it while it was parked :/

[Image: IMG_20140611_083448_zpsf9nghed9.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140610_143706_zps3er5whiq.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140610_143644_zpsb4d3awkt.jpg]

RE: Purple turbo 240D - willbhere4u - 06-11-2014

That sucks is there insurance going to pay you? It could be fixed but that really sucks the tips of the quarter panels are a pain in the ass to straighten. The trunk lid, tail lights and filler panel would be a fairly easy fix

(06-11-2014, 09:31 AM)willbhere4u That sucks is there insurance going to pay you? It could be fixed but that really sucks the tips of the quarter panels are a pain in the ass to straighten. The trunk lid, tail lights and filler panel would be a fairly easy fix

Went to the shop they took it to because the garbage company is willing to pay out of pocket but they said if it goes over what they were "expecting" to pay they are going to go through insurance.

The owner of the shop said my car was worth almost nothing and its probably going to get totaled.

bullshit, If they dont fix it, im going to file a claim, bring it to my shop and most likely sue them.

How is it fair that they put me out of a car and then get to dictate the whole situation???

RE: Purple turbo 240D - JB3 - 06-11-2014

holy crap!! AGAIN??

thats 3 times this car has been wrecked, good lord

(06-11-2014, 09:45 AM)Purplecomputer
(06-11-2014, 09:31 AM)willbhere4u That sucks is there insurance going to pay you? It could be fixed but that really sucks the tips of the quarter panels are a pain in the ass to straighten. The trunk lid, tail lights and filler panel would be a fairly easy fix

Went to the shop they took it to because the garbage company is willing to pay out of pocket but they said if it goes over what they were "expecting" to pay they are going to go through insurance.

The owner of the shop said my car was worth almost nothing and its probably going to get totaled.

bullshit, If they dont fix it, im going to file a claim, bring it to my shop and most likely sue them.

How is it fair that they put me out of a car and then get to dictate the whole situation???

Its not fair. Its only working that way because you are allowing it to work that way. First off, do you have a police report of the damage? do you have more photos, do you have anything that indicates that garbage company did this damage?

trust me, a trash company can afford to repair your car. its very likely it will be totalled, so id work on coming to terms with that. Its an old car, and there is no way a shop would charge less than 2k to do that, the car will probably be valued at 1500 to 2500 bucks. Work on getting comparative values put together for the battle with the insurance company.

It does not pay to be agreeable to the trash company, thats all their gain and your loss. I hope you have some kind of police report

Years back a dude driving a limo company vehicle smashed the shit out of a 300D I was driving. The first thing he said was that the limo company could fix it in house. I said fuck no. Im calling the cops first, then your insurance company will hand me a check for my car you just destroyed AND provide me with a rental until I find a replacement. This is exactly why people have insurance. You should already have an insurance provided rental

(06-11-2014, 09:59 AM)JB3 holy crap!! AGAIN??

thats 3 times this car has been wrecked, good lord

(06-11-2014, 09:45 AM)Purplecomputer

Its not fair. Its only working that way because you are allowing it to work that way. First off, do you have a police report of the damage? do you have more photos, do you have anything that indicates that garbage company did this damage?

trust me, a trash company can afford to repair your car. its very likely it will be totalled, so id work on coming to terms with that. Its an old car, and there is no way a shop would charge less than 2k to do that, the car will probably be valued at 1500 to 2500 bucks. Work on getting comparative values put together for the battle with the insurance company.

It does not pay to be agreeable to the trash company, thats all their gain and your loss. I hope you have some kind of police report

Years back a dude driving a limo company vehicle smashed the shit out of a 300D I was driving. The first thing he said was that the limo company could fix it in house. I said fuck no. Im calling the cops first, then your insurance company will hand me a check for my car you just destroyed AND provide me with a rental until I find a replacement. This is exactly why people have insurance. You should already have an insurance provided rental

I do have a police report, I just filed a claim. im not that stupid. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but its not woking out. They are offering me $1000 for the car. so im going through insurance.

I dont have collision on my insurance so my insurance wont cover the costs, I have to go through their insurance.

Im getting the car out of that shop tomorrow morning.

I know this car will be totaled but Im not giving up without a fight.

JB3, I do have more pictures. I just posted these because they pretty much sum up the damage for you guys.

im so hearbroken guys. I love this car. I know thats weird to say but I put so much work into it.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-11-2014

We completely understand, we love our buckets too. I'd cry if anything happened to my ranger even though they're a dime a dozen.

Your insurance won't be paying anything. Their insurance will be paying everything.

Were you in the car at the time? Docotor's visit ASAP to check for nerve damage. They are paying for this too.

Hop on PP, a few guys have been in a similar boat. They were able to get their values up to around 5k IIRC. All the pictures from your build thread will prove that this was a restoration project and not just some shitty beater.

(06-11-2014, 12:12 PM)Simpler=Better We completely understand, we love our buckets too. I'd cry if anything happened to my ranger even though they're a dime a dozen.

Your insurance won't be paying anything. Their insurance will be paying everything.

Were you in the car at the time? Docotor's visit ASAP to check for nerve damage. They are paying for this too.

Hop on PP, a few guys have been in a similar boat. They were able to get their values up to around 5k IIRC. All the pictures from your build thread will prove that this was a restoration project and not just some shitty beater.

:0

YOU'RE A GENIUS! I forgot about all the pictures in this build thread!!!!

this should help me out tremendously!

I have spent all morning making calls and calling people. I also put in a complaint with the town

I was no where near the car, I had it parked at the end of a dead end road in front of my Girlfriends house which was the last place I could get it before the master clutch cylinder failed on me

Add up all of the work you have had done to the car + parts and labor for fixing it plus your original purchase price!

(06-11-2014, 01:25 PM)willbhere4u Add up all of the work you have had done to the car + parts and labor for fixing it plus your original purchase price!

Not even sure where to begin.

I'm guessing I put double what the car is worth.

I paid 5k for the car. 10k over three years seems reasonable

anyway, in the case they do total it. Im going to need a new car.

I was thinking either a TDI or find a newer mercedes diesel with a manual transmission already swapped in. I cant do automatic, I love driving stick shift.

maybe a 190D or a w211 body. Hard to find with a manual put in it. Would probably have to do it myself.

Especially with the work you have had done! I would find a competent body guy or metal worker some one who dose hot rods or custom cars and see if they can straighten it out. the normal body guys cant give a damn about doing real metal work they just cave and pave with bondo.

The trunk lid could be replaced and rear panel you could probably straighten up with a come along and a 2x4 and a big tree and a hammer and some finesse. The tips of the quarter panels will require some real body man skills once the tail lamps are replaced the rear panel is barely be visible between that and the license plate luckily the bumper didn't get hit!

(06-11-2014, 02:23 PM)willbhere4u Especially with the work you have had done! I would find a competent body guy or metal worker some one who dose hot rods or custom cars and see if they can straighten it out. the normal body guys cant give a damn about doing real metal work they just cave and pave with bondo.

The trunk lid could be replaced and rear panel you could probably straighten up with a come along and a 2x4 and a big tree and a hammer and some finesse. The tips of the quarter panels will require some real body man skills once the tail lamps are replaced the rear panel is barely be visible between that and the license plate luckily the bumper didn't get hit!

Yeah, Im not going to do any of the work. Im terrible at body work as you guys can see.

Hopefully this guy im dropping off the car too will be able to take care of it for me.

I still have so much work to do! I cant give up now.

I just gave my insurance company the link to this project thread as evidence of a restoration project

RE: Purple turbo 240D - E308L - 06-11-2014

Just my 2ยข:

Giving the benefit of the doubt in any situation involving legal liability is literally giving up legal rights, but you know that now.

The ins company likely won't care about your investment or restoration efforts. Ins doesn't have to make you whole again, only provide what it would take to replace the vehicle at reasonable market value. That reasonable market value usually assumes retail prices. Rather than scrape together receipts that will likely be deemed irrelevent I would scrounge up prices from used car lots for 240D's. I know yours is modified but ins usually doesn't recognize that. If you can find a stack of clean 240's at high used car dealer prices from all over the country you can argue a higher value for your car and potentially increase your settlement.

Automotive insurance is not about justice at all, justice is not even part of the equation. If you don't educate yourself as to exactly what your rights are and advocate on your own behalf you will get ripped off.

I am sorry for your loss and hope you get everything you can out of theses guys cuz this is just bullshit. Nobody gets ripped off by auto ins like enthusiasts.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - led-panzer - 06-11-2014

Granted I'm no expert but it looks fixable. I understand though at a certain cost, it's not worth it but a good body shop should be able to tackle that.

That really sucks though. This car is accident cursed!

Listen guys. I know insurance isn't about justice but I'm using tools at my disposal to get what I'm owed from the garbage crooks.

This car is worth more then $1000 how much? I have no idea. If I could get a guy to fix it and have their insurance pay for it fine. Otherwise I'll try to get as much out of it.

I'm hoping for the best, if not its been great guys.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - E308L - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 03:43 PM)Purplecomputer This car is worth more then $1000 how much? I have no idea.

The most relevant assessment of value will be what a used 240D of the same vintage sells for, and the consistently highest of those prices is likely to be used car lots as I suggested. You shouldn't be looking for an accurate value but the highest numbers you can use, assuming you're willing to fight dirty in a crooked system.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-11-2014

honestly at least $5,000 it was beautiful. 7,000 in a hot benz area (cali, oregon, etc.)

RE: Purple turbo 240D - JB3 - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 01:29 PM)Purplecomputer
(06-11-2014, 01:25 PM)willbhere4u Add up all of the work you have had done to the car + parts and labor for fixing it plus your original purchase price!

Not even sure where to begin.

I'm guessing I put double what the car is worth.

I paid 5k for the car. 10k over three years seems reasonable

anyway, in the case they do total it. Im going to need a new car.

I was thinking either a TDI or find a newer mercedes diesel with a manual transmission already swapped in. I cant do automatic, I love driving stick shift.

maybe a 190D or a w211 body. Hard to find with a manual put in it. Would probably have to do it myself.

Im glad you have a police report! awesome. In time it will work out as long as you don't let these crafty buggers railroad you into something. The adjusters job is to pay as little as possible. I remember when my work van was totalled, It had literally rolled out of the paint shop earlier that week. The woman had the gall to tell me is was scratched and dented consistent with the age of the vehicle. I told her to find me a single scratch on it. I took the cash, never fixed the van (which was totalled over a fricking dented passenger front door if you can believe it), and i still have it.

Why do you lose the car if its totaled? Let them pay you for the car, then keep it for a few hundred off the payout. Even if you are done and buy a new car, you could sell the car and make some money back to add to the payout.

Expect a 1500-2k estimate on value from the insurance Co. Do you still have the bill of sale from when you bought if for 5k?

A used TDI or newer merbenz will require every trick in the in book to maximize your payout. If you let the insurance company keep the car, it will be crushed and you will get 500 bucks more on your total payout, maybe even less. They offered me 300 bucks off the payout on my 300D when it was totalled.

Id bicker with them until I could get the maximum dough, then keep the car which should be an option. Then either fix or sell the car which has some good parts on it and will get you more money anyway. All the cash can go to a new purple ride.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - willbhere4u - 06-12-2014

Yea seriously if they low ball you keep dickering with them send them links to nice cars even euro ones that are for sale for insane amounts of money look for 5-10k cars! look up links on eBay for sold cars. Call them email them Until there blue in the ear! Call them every day maybe a couple times a day and be a total pain in the ass until they are so fed up from hearing from you and they relent and pay out! My GF parent's had a Ford 96 Windstar with 200k and got nearly 5k out of the insurance it took them awhile but originally they had offered $1500 to replace it. You just have to prove you could not replace it for what they offer you. also dont forget to threaten to take them to court if you have to. Don't be nice to these people you don't need to be.Big Grin

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1980/Mercedes-Benz/240D/4-Door-Sedan/Values

Low retail $4,200 Average retail $6,775 High retail $9,650

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-12-2014

(06-12-2014, 11:28 AM)willbhere4u Yea seriously if they low ball you keep dickering with them send them links to nice cars even euro ones that are for sale for insane amounts of money look for 5-10k cars! look up links on eBay for sold cars. Call them email them Until there blue in the ear! Call them every day maybe a couple times a day and be a total pain in the ass until they are so fed up from hearing from you and they relent and pay out! My GF parent's had a Ford 96 Windstar with 200k and got nearly 5k out of the insurance it took them awhile but originally they had offered $1500 to replace it. You just have to prove you could not replace it for what they offer you. also dont forget to threaten to take them to court if you have to. Don't be nice to these people you don't need to be.Big Grin

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1980/Mercedes-Benz/240D/4-Door-Sedan/Values

Low retail $4,200 Average retail $6,775 High retail $9,650

On that note be polite but firm. Don't yell.

I've had good luck with every "official interaction" where I kept my cool. Lose your temper and you go down 5 notches.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-12-2014

I used Nadaguides yesterday to get a price.

I feel like im right in the middle of low retail and average.

Ive been pretty tough with their insurance so far but not a total dick.
Im pushing for the most I can get if it cant be fixed so I can at least get another car.

anyone in the mood to give me a w123 300D so I can swap in my 4speed Big Grin
ya'know....early christmas present

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-12-2014

I'd say your car was above average for sure.

Also, the 240 has all the good manual stuff already you don't want a 300D with electric everything.

If you need wheels a 300CD looks cool

RE: Purple turbo 240D - JB3 - 06-12-2014

looking at the pics thats really not that bad damage. You need some tail lights and a trunk lid. It even looks like the inner trunk seal isn't bent?

then all you have to do is get a body shop to straighten out the corners and paint, and that doesn't look like it has to happen immediately. You have not even a couple hundred in yard parts, which fixes 95% of the damage. The rest is a little body work. You have already gotten some nice paint work done by yourself on the car, so you don't even really need to outsource paint either.

This could be an awesome windfall for you, the car is still totally usable. With my van payout I bought all kinds of good stuff. I tell people now that if someone came up to me and asked if they could hit the side door with a sledge if they paid me 2k to do so, id say hell yes. Big Grin

The body isn't bent at the rear window is it?

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-13-2014

Just got an estimate from another shop.

friend of my dads type of deal.

gave me a quote for 3 grand to fix the car. 4 grand cheaper then the estimate the garbage guys shop gave me.

so at this point, following his advice he said the other insurance company will most likely total it I just have to negotiate as much as I can for it.
Im gonna push for 5 or 6 grand (being optimistic here)
repair the car and pocket 2-3 grand.

Or should I just use that money and buy another car and sell this one for parts?

RE: Purple turbo 240D - MFSuper90 - 06-13-2014

For $6k I would own a 606 Cool

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 10:15 PM)MFSuper90 For $6k I would own a 606 Cool

I have been looking. Can't seem to find anything with a manual transmission.

Guess I'll start another project thread swapping in a 6 speed soon.

Jk, I'm probably gonna get fucked over in this whole ordeal no matter what.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - JB3 - 06-14-2014

(06-13-2014, 11:04 PM)Purplecomputer Jk, I'm probably gonna get fucked over in this whole ordeal no matter what.

you should only believe this while on the dating scene, where getting fucked over just might be a great end to the night. Often times what someone believes will happen, ultimately happens eventually.

Just believe you will resolve it. It will work out, plus the damage is pretty minor looking as long as the hit didnt trasfer into the whole trunk

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 12:59 PM)JB3
(06-13-2014, 11:04 PM)Purplecomputer Jk, I'm probably gonna get fucked over in this whole ordeal no matter what.

you should only believe this while on the dating scene, where getting fucked over just might be a great end to the night. Often times what someone believes will happen, ultimately happens eventually.

Just believe you will resolve it. It will work out, plus the damage is pretty minor looking as long as the hit didnt trasfer into the whole trunk

You're right. Think positive and all will come out okay.

The inside of the trunk is fine, Im sure this would be an easy fix for a seasoned autobody specialist.

ill keep you guys posted. Ill know by monday what the verdict is.

keep a lookout for some nice cars for me just in case!

RE: Purple turbo 240D - sassparilla_kid - 06-14-2014

Just send them a link to Mercedes Motoring website and tell them to pony up the cash for a replacement

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-19-2014

Insurance found the car as a total loss.

Not sure how much they want to give me for it. I have to wait until the 23rd when the person in charge is back from vacation.

At lease they gave me a rental car.

Now I need to figure out what Im going to do with the car.

Also funny thing, the guy at the auto body mistaked me for someone else with a newer car and the quote for 3 grand was for a completely different vehicle.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-20-2014

Surprise, surprise! /jk of course they totaled it they're assholes. If it's older than a 2012 they think it's an ancient piece of shit.

Fight for a payout of at least 5-6k. Buy back the car for whatever small amount they want for it, and fix it. Don't be looking for new trouble until this is all settled.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-20-2014

(06-20-2014, 08:10 AM)Simpler=Better Surprise, surprise! /jk of course they totaled it they're assholes. If it's older than a 2012 they think it's an ancient piece of shit.

Fight for a payout of at least 5-6k. Buy back the car for whatever small amount they want for it, and fix it. Don't be looking for new trouble until this is all settled.

This company is literally the worst man.

I spoke the guy at the shop and he said they confused him and hes still waiting for them to fax him some stuff.

He says it's still 3 grand to fix. So now this company is trying to manipulate the whole situation and they're just plain lying to me.

also what additives can I put into say....a large diesel truck that is typically used to collect unwanted house materials that would damage injectors and make them piss fuel and melt holes into pistons??

this is for a personal scientific project which i will post the results.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-20-2014

(06-20-2014, 09:46 AM)Purplecomputer
(06-20-2014, 08:10 AM)Simpler=Better Surprise, surprise! /jk of course they totaled it they're assholes. If it's older than a 2012 they think it's an ancient piece of shit.

This company is literally the worst man.

I spoke the guy at the shop and he said they confused him and hes still waiting for them to fax him some stuff.

He says it's still 3 grand to fix. So now this company is trying to manipulate the whole situation and they're just plain lying to me.

also what additives can I put into say....a large diesel truck that is typically used to collect unwanted house materials that would damage injectors and make them piss fuel and melt holes into pistons??

this is for a personal scientific project which i will post the results.

All communication via email now, or record with your phone(just let them know in advance that it's rolling).

RE: Purple turbo 240D - sassparilla_kid - 06-20-2014

Gasoline will do all those things

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-27-2014

Finally got a number for the car

They're giving 4 grand if I want to keep the car or 4.2k if I don't.

What do you guys think? I have until Monday to decide

RE: Purple turbo 240D - JB3 - 06-28-2014

id take it personally and keep the car, and be done with the bullshit. 4k is pretty decent, i doubt you could get that much more arguing it out.

good thing you just recently color matched that fender!
bet you they would have offered 2k or less before

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-28-2014

(06-28-2014, 08:21 AM)JB3 id take it personally and keep the car, and be done with the bullshit. 4k is pretty decent, i doubt you could get that much more arguing it out.

I agree with you. I thought they were going to offer me around 1.5k for the car.

4 and I get to keep it? thats a good deal in my books. Now it has a salvage title so I can never get rid of it.

Should I part it or try to fix it? Just keep in mind, I have no time or money!

RE: Purple turbo 240D - DeliveryValve - 06-28-2014

(06-28-2014, 08:27 AM)Purplecomputer
(06-28-2014, 08:21 AM)JB3 id take it personally and keep the car, and be done with the bullshit. 4k is pretty decent, i doubt you could get that much more arguing it out.

I agree with you. I thought they were going to offer me around 1.5k for the car.

4 and I get to keep it? thats a good deal in my books. Now it has a salvage title so I can never get rid of it.

4 grand in the pocket and keep the car is good.

With 4 grand, you have some money. Don't part it out. Fix it "just enough". Get a junk yard boot lid, tail lights and a big hammer, and get it road worthy. Once you have the time and want to sink money in it, go further on the project. I'd hate to see all your efforts go to the drain.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - sassparilla_kid - 06-28-2014

Nothing wrong with a salvage title, all it means is that it's been in a wreck.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - JB3 - 06-28-2014

(06-28-2014, 08:27 AM)Purplecomputer I agree with you. I thought they were going to offer me around 1.5k for the car.

1. collect 4k into bank account.
2. spend 1k on hookers and blow
3. post a want to buy ad for trunk lid and rear tail lights. spend at most a few hundred on that, probably a lot less.
4. install on car, match paint trunk lid to the body with newfound skill
5. worry about quarter ends later, total non issue to usability.
6. spend the remaining 2500 bucks on hookers and blow

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 06-28-2014

(06-28-2014, 04:52 PM)JB3
(06-28-2014, 08:27 AM)Purplecomputer I agree with you. I thought they were going to offer me around 1.5k for the car.

1. collect 4k into bank account.
2. spend 1k on hookers and blow
3. post a want to buy ad for trunk lid and rear tail lights. spend at most a few hundred on that, probably a lot less.
4. install on car, match paint trunk lid to the body with newfound skill
5. worry about quarter ends later, total non issue to usability.
6. spend the remaining 2500 bucks on hookers and blow

I like it! Ill probably pass on the blow and just spend it all on hookers and booze, lots of it.

PARTY AT MY HOUSE GUYS!

My dads friend has an mk3 jetta tdi 5spd that he would sell to me for cheap. Still need to look at it first. I think he wants 1.5k for it. So ill probably buy that shit and drive that around while i hone my autobody skills on the car.

Looked up videos on youtube on how to hammer out metal with hammers and dollies and those things.

watch out guys, aspiring autobody wannabe coming through!

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 06-30-2014

Take the 4 and keep the 240..

Don't worry about the salvage title, you can always sell it to me for $500

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 08-11-2014

Picking up the car from the shop this weekend.

It just sat there for two months while i figured out what I wanted to do with it and sorted out my current car situation.

Im going to attempt to fix it myself. I think I will pull out the body by tying it to a tree and driving forward and then hammer out the dents. Ill also probably strip the whole car down and prep and primer and then either attempt to repaint it using a single stage paint instead of a 2 stage paint or have it professionally repainted.

Ill see you guys at the 2015 benz fest Big Grin

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Simpler=Better - 08-11-2014

No man, come to 2014 in your GTI anyway

For the tree thing-look into an 'Air Hammer' and some good earplugs. A 'port-a-power' could work too with some finagling.

RE: Purple turbo 240D - Purplecomputer - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 11:44 AM)Simpler=Better No man, come to 2014 in your GTI anyway

For the tree thing-look into an 'Air Hammer' and some good earplugs. A 'port-a-power' could work too with some finagling.

I remember you saying something about that.

theres a shop next to my new job that specializes mercedes and they have some really nice w123's and w114/5 that just made me want to fix up my 240