STD
look at this VO tank these guys are selling - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Alt fuels (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: look at this VO tank these guys are selling (/showthread.php?tid=1528)

look at this VO tank these guys are selling - JB3 - 07-26-2010

pretty neat, looks like it has some really nice features over the usual stuff. Thinking of buying one.

http://www.snapgreentech.com/

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - ForcedInduction - 07-27-2010

Don't waste money on VO crap. Put the money towards a good, and legal, biodiesel processor.

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - JB3 - 07-27-2010

(07-27-2010, 05:34 AM)ForcedInduction Don't waste money on VO crap. Put the money towards a good, and legal, biodiesel processor.

You and I will never agree on the VO thing obviously Big Grin

As a point to its illegality, yes, the EPA has a statement to that effect, but only illegal because its not been EPA certified as they state, and they are actually inviting certification, which we were discussing on the other thread. Its a foggy illegality, vs the BLATANT illegality the EPA places on removing emissions devices such as the EGR, which how many of us have done? If we are going to focus on the quasi-illegality of VO based on the EPA, it seems a double standard to then ignore CLEAR illegality on other subjects the EPA has ruled on, like emissions devices.

If this site was populated by stuffed shirts who would never dream of modifying their car, then the question of current illegality would be a more valid point, but as it stands, in the pursuit of experimentation, I would bet that almost every one of us had played with or removed an EPA required device. In that case, I will continually point to emissions evidence on VO vehicles which show that the technology is completely in line with EPA goals, and the only reason legality is in question is one of certification.

In other words, you can't say im in the wrong for taking the hubcaps if we've both already stolen the tires. Big Grin

Brewing biodiesel is a PITA for me, VO is easier. Tried that for a bit.

Regarding this tank, personally, it looks like a fairly decent product, whatever the technology its made for, I did not see, but I have asked if its usable with 100% biodiesel. I am very interested in the secure strapping, and the DOT build requirements they say they meet. Also the fuel sump and baffles.

Personally, I have had major issues with the concept of secure mounting and proper baffling and sumps most of these companies seem to think fuel tanks do not need. This is the first one I have found where a lot of this stuff is addressed.

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - DeliveryValve - 07-28-2010

(07-26-2010, 01:55 PM)dropnosky pretty neat, looks like it has some really nice features over the usual stuff. Thinking of buying one.

http://www.snapgreentech.com/

I have to say, that is probably theeee best tank setup up I've seen. The only issue is how it fits in the car. Price seems to be good.

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - JB3 - 07-30-2010

well, I ordered one on monday, and it arrive today! This tank is really nice, I have to admit. It looks very very cool in the car.
It fits in the car great, and the mounting system is super easy, two bolts, and its out, 4 bolts and the straps are out, and then you just have the two support rails in there. I was concerned about spare tire access, but there is no problem there.

This tab bracket things are cool, they pop in and out of the side of the tank and lock into place.

Now to build the rest of the system. For now, i may just plumb this up as an aux diesel tank until I put together the cash for more parts

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - garage - 09-09-2010

That looks real nice in there.
How many gallons is it again?
Alot roomier and better looking than the bulky metal tank in my trunk.

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - JB3 - 09-11-2010

Its 18 gallons I think. on the 240, give or take 500 miles of range.

The other smaller option was 12? you would have to go to the site and check it out

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - winmutt - 09-14-2010

That would be kick butt to have for regular diesel even.

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - 300D50 - 10-02-2010

I agree, that tank looks nice as a diesel range extender! How well is it sealed though?
Would it eventually turn the trunk into a diesel/biodiesel/wvo swimming pool? Spilling while filling?

RE: look at this VO tank these guys are selling - JB3 - 10-02-2010

(10-02-2010, 12:38 AM)300D50 I agree, that tank looks nice as a diesel range extender! How well is it sealed though?
Would it eventually turn the trunk into a diesel/biodiesel/wvo swimming pool? Spilling while filling?

I don't think so, the top plate has a thick O-ring gasket/groove seal, and both caps appear to be pretty well sealed. Plus, they told me it has a roll over vent, so it should not leak even if the tank were upside down. I think it all has to do with the federal safety ratings and such.