STD
Project Redemption - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Project Redemption (/showthread.php?tid=4881)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 03-15-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OsAGfEGLho&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ray, those are oil cooler lines, not accept lines lol.

RE: Project Redemption - Purplecomputer - 03-16-2014

Nice video, its always great to see an engine running after all that work

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 03-17-2014

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Note that at this point I'm just lining up my brackets, nothing is permanent as of yet.

1" square tubing, 1/8" thick. I plan on having 3 of these welded in a row, with the one with the holes in the center. This will give me more surface area for bed contact. For lining everything up, this works just fine.
[Image: IMG_20140316_174050_120_zpse8568111.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140316_174058_350_zps01bc9557.jpg]

Mocked up on the frame
[Image: IMG_20140317_163050_090_zps7a0e65fb.jpg]

My initial measurement originally had my bed one inch further from the cab, but when I realized that my rear bed mounts lined up nicely without the need for an adapter I decided to move it closer to the cab.
[Image: IMG_20140317_163100_530_zps6dcbad7d.jpg]

A bit more work for me with the rear IRS though. Worth it IMO. What I'm going to try to do next is to put a shim on the rear IRS mounts to try to change the angle a bit, this should bring the wheels up closer to the cab. For the rest of the space, I'm going to search for some aftermarket fender flares, tub my bed flares a bit, and blend them in.
[Image: IMG_20140317_163037_696_zpsa7715ae1.jpg]

On the plus side I get to use a hockey puck for the rear bed bolts. Bolts to use for the rear bed M12-1.5 thread, 2.5" length. I will need to modify the bed again, my fuel filler hose is being pinched by the rear bed rail, I need to notch it so I can put my fuel door where the license plate goes, or route it to my passenger side tail light.

RE: Project Redemption - Simpler=Better - 03-18-2014

I would drive that truck forever with it's current setup

RE: Project Redemption - Purplecomputer - 03-19-2014

Very nice work, are you going to paint it?
I think a forest green would be really cool for that car.

RE: Project Redemption - Simpler=Better - 03-19-2014

Burnt orange is the only acceptable colour for that beast

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 03-19-2014

burnt orange? eww. No it's going to be my dark forest green color. I'm going to have it custom made at a paint shop and paint it when it's all together. It's on my long list of to-do.

Also going to make a new front core support for this, I don't like my radiator support AT ALL or my headlight mounts. It's going to be something like this:

**copied from mymmemoryloss's build thread on www.MazdaBScene.com**
http://www.mazdabscene.com/forums/projects/turbo-rotary-b2600i-t25428.html

[Image: 7788482308_b738361016_c.jpg]
[Image: 7952119652_7509346de6_c.jpg]
[Image: 7964499142_b1261ac2e6_c.jpg]
[Image: 7964473728_238de55f5f_c.jpg]

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 04-19-2014

[Image: IMG_20140419_195902_649_zps550d45f6.jpg]

New arrival, its from a standard cab. Going to see what tweaking I can do with the rear end position to center the wheels more.

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 05-09-2014

Well I have been a bit busy on this thing, kinda slow with funky weather, a second job, and now a rental house hunt.

Speedometer cluster has been assembled. I took the speedometer core from the Benz, cut a hole in the non-tach cluster, and with some tweaking I got it to fit.
[Image: IMG_20140505_191206_716_zps70bb9d91.jpg]

The plan was to use the temp gauge on the cluster for the transmission fluid, just find a place to add the Mazda sensor in the transmission and hook it up the easy way. Also planning on putting in a red LED where the old odometer reset button was for a brake indicator. I have aftermarket temp, oil pressure, voltage, boost, vac pump, and EGT gauges in place. Its a good thing as the Mazda idiot lights have been severed on this cluster. Also notice that this one has a clock, I took the one from my old broken tach cluster and hooked it up into this one.

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 05-25-2014

for sale. $750 obo. selling as a whole, NOT parting it out. Have to move.

In the Atlanta area

RE: Project Redemption - Simpler=Better - 05-26-2014

Winmutt!! Buy this for me!!!

RE: Project Redemption - mbz123 - 05-26-2014

Awwwww, dayumm! Why you gotta be allllllllll the way ober der?

So the place you're moving to is anti-Mazda or anti-Benz?

Sucks a stanky one, man, you were truckin right along... ;-D SWIDT?

Somebody is gettin a deal right there. Good luck

MBZ123

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 05-26-2014

The place that I am moving to is against me owning 2 trucks, a trailer and another car. Plus the ones that my roommates own. The other problem is that I am out of money and I still have a couple big ticket items for this build. Meanwhile I'm working on my 2.3-16 and getting it ready for paint, MSII with ignition control, and eventually a turbo.

One day I will build a better diesel project. Might be in a B, might be in a Jeep, might be in a MB, who knows? My GF has had her eye on a few G Wagens, to my knowledge those were diesels, right?

RE: Project Redemption - mbz123 - 05-26-2014

(05-26-2014, 01:36 PM)EmJay The place that I am moving to is against me owning 2 trucks, a trailer and another car. Plus the ones that my roommates own. The other problem is that I am out of money and I still have a couple big ticket items for this build. Meanwhile I'm working on my 2.3-16 and getting it ready for paint, MSII with ignition control, and eventually a turbo.

One day I will build a better diesel project. Might be in a B, might be in a Jeep, might be in a MB, who knows?

Figured it was some HOAish type bs.

Was following your thread
> coz B2600fourby
> muh feelins
> motivation.exe

Only downside is my b is like way back of the line.
> nextyear.png
> muh depression

On the bright side, looks like you get the gold star for juggling most concurrent projects tho! 8-D Holy multi-tasking mercedes madman batman... PRIORITIZE MUCH??? JK man. Good luck with the new digs. Are you keeping either of the two mazdas? It was you that had two right?

(05-26-2014, 01:36 PM)EmJay My GF has had her eye on a few G Wagens, to my knowledge those were diesels, right?

Ya, some were. But, some weren't.

MBZ123

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 05-26-2014

I am keeping the 87 Gasser that drives nicely, only smokes like a diesel.

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 05-27-2014

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/4491489497.html

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 06-20-2014

Sadly this project has been scrapped. What was sadder though was the wrecked Benz at the yard with what looked like a 6 cylinder diesel under the hood in line for The crusher. Sad day all around.

Going to focus on my gasser truck, who knows, maybebobe day get that 4 cyl diesel I still have running

RE: Project Redemption - Gearbound - 06-26-2014

dang i just now saw the add on CL and was about to say hey there is a mazda just like yours....then it was too late when i logged on.

RE: Project Redemption - winmutt - 06-27-2014

Ah dude, I would have bought the engine off you....

RE: Project Redemption - JB3 - 06-28-2014

sad ending to a beautiful fabrication project. shame

Mmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm... - mbz123 - 07-01-2014

Sad indeed. I would love to drop that motor into my b. It's amazing and, at the same time, so telling of the times that no one has picked this up. The sum total in parts alone is staggering compared to the asking. But, then again, if you saw a turbo six being marched off to the firing line, must not be many with the affliction out yer way. At least not the Bundesland strain. Or coulda been oil in the coolant!

MBZ123

RE: Project Redemption - EmJay - 07-04-2014

Well, I have an idea for the next one. My next diesel project is going to be in steps. First step is another Mazda RF diesel engine with a RWD configuration. I can find these pretty easily from suppliers with a warranty for around $1500.

Some of them come with a 4WD transmission that lines up with the rear mount and uses the same driveshaft. This is the one I will be saving up for. Once its installed and running good I will then save up for a set of Dana 44 axles (front and rear) from a late model wagoneer or international since they have a passenger side drop. This will take some time, but will also allow me use of the truck in between steps.