STD Tuning Engine OM613 tuning

OM613 tuning

OM613 tuning

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

jurmm
Naturally-aspirated

01-01-2010, 05:08 PM #1
Currently have a W210 E320 CDI. When I bought it, it had a decat, exhaust and a remap. I don't know how much power it's making but i'm guessing that with the above mods I would be making about 240 - 250 bhp at the flywheel and at least 420lbft (correct me if i'm wrong). However, looking at forums there is very little regarding tuning for this engine. Could anyone point me in the direction of further tuning for this engine?
jurmm
01-01-2010, 05:08 PM #1

Currently have a W210 E320 CDI. When I bought it, it had a decat, exhaust and a remap. I don't know how much power it's making but i'm guessing that with the above mods I would be making about 240 - 250 bhp at the flywheel and at least 420lbft (correct me if i'm wrong). However, looking at forums there is very little regarding tuning for this engine. Could anyone point me in the direction of further tuning for this engine?

tomnik
Holset

01-02-2010, 12:08 AM #2
Without knowing I'd say it is 90% remapping. Maybe different injectors (similar to the VW/Audi TDI, although it's CR not just DI).
Next maybe larger turbo, but there are too many sensors depending on each other. This might be the reason that common mods are remap, btw. for sufficient power improvement for 99.9% of people.

Tom
tomnik
01-02-2010, 12:08 AM #2

Without knowing I'd say it is 90% remapping. Maybe different injectors (similar to the VW/Audi TDI, although it's CR not just DI).
Next maybe larger turbo, but there are too many sensors depending on each other. This might be the reason that common mods are remap, btw. for sufficient power improvement for 99.9% of people.

Tom

ForcedInduction
Banned

01-02-2010, 06:58 AM #3
Get AMG injectors (C30 CDI AMG), a GT3276V turbo and a big intercooler. I've know of a C200 CDI that has 247hp and 381lb/ft torque with that combo before the manual driveline couldn't take any more.

Tuning and the transmission are the biggest issues. I don't know of anyone stateside that can/will make custom tunes for an E320 and I'm not sure what the limits of the drivetrain are. Though you can probably swap in an E55 drivetrain without too much hassle.

Any case, the W210 E320 CDI was the last truly great Diesel MB has made. The V6 is just a throwaway pile of scrap focused on meeting emissions. The V6 can't be rebuilt when it wears out, the I-6 can.
This post was last modified: 01-02-2010, 07:01 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
01-02-2010, 06:58 AM #3

Get AMG injectors (C30 CDI AMG), a GT3276V turbo and a big intercooler. I've know of a C200 CDI that has 247hp and 381lb/ft torque with that combo before the manual driveline couldn't take any more.

Tuning and the transmission are the biggest issues. I don't know of anyone stateside that can/will make custom tunes for an E320 and I'm not sure what the limits of the drivetrain are. Though you can probably swap in an E55 drivetrain without too much hassle.

Any case, the W210 E320 CDI was the last truly great Diesel MB has made. The V6 is just a throwaway pile of scrap focused on meeting emissions. The V6 can't be rebuilt when it wears out, the I-6 can.

CID Vicious
Unregistered

01-02-2010, 08:14 AM #4
Yeah, unfortunately there'd have to be a huge paradigm shift in the way capitalist businesses operate in the modern world before we'll see a 'permanent car' like the W123 built again. Although with the complexity of the modern cars that might be a forgone conclusion - my 240D has, what, vacuum assisted power door locks and manual everything else? The new Benzes will be a mess of electronic glitches when they're ten years old, constantly in and out of a shop, suitable only for bastards rich enough to afford a ten year old Benz but not rich enough to afford a new one. Still getting stuck at a light with a local 240D owner, who just never seems to find it's way to the shop...

In other words, after ten years, they'll be exactly like a brand new Bimmer Big Grin
CID Vicious
01-02-2010, 08:14 AM #4

Yeah, unfortunately there'd have to be a huge paradigm shift in the way capitalist businesses operate in the modern world before we'll see a 'permanent car' like the W123 built again. Although with the complexity of the modern cars that might be a forgone conclusion - my 240D has, what, vacuum assisted power door locks and manual everything else? The new Benzes will be a mess of electronic glitches when they're ten years old, constantly in and out of a shop, suitable only for bastards rich enough to afford a ten year old Benz but not rich enough to afford a new one. Still getting stuck at a light with a local 240D owner, who just never seems to find it's way to the shop...

In other words, after ten years, they'll be exactly like a brand new Bimmer Big Grin

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average