STD Other Open Dropped a battery today

Dropped a battery today

Dropped a battery today

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CID Vicious
Unregistered

12-17-2009, 02:16 AM #1
Well, you're never too experienced to completely screw something up, I guess.

I'd just gotten my second front spring swapped in on the 240D. Finally got the Klönn tool put to work, ground out my access holes to get it in there. The 300D to 240D spring swap so far is great, the front is a bit lower on the 240D but not radically, though the stiffness has gone up considerably. The 240D is getting two coils cut off of the 300D springs, the 300D gets the 240D springs minus one coil. The 300D should be nice and low but still have the kushy ride, still have to cut and reinstall the last spring tomorrow morning.

Then, since my battery in the 240D was kind of old, not very well sealed anymore, I figured I'd not temp fate and removed the battery when I was grinding out the passenger side. Got the second spring in, and I was like, hey, I'm going to want to check out the new ride and handling in a bit, so let me swap these batteries out - the 300D has a full size Interstate, vs the older, medium sized one in the 240D. Or, I should say, it used to.

I can't tell you how that thing got out of my hands. Up jumped the Devil, I guess. Crashed into the concrete, sending acid everywhere, including a couple of drops on my face. Got to the sink in seemingly no time at all, went back out and got to hosing the whole area down, then I got the dish soap and poured the soap into the stream to help neutralize the acid. Went back out a few minutes ago, it's too cold for the water to evaporate by morning (or even by the weekend) and it puddles under, you guessed it, the 300D. AKA the car with 3 legs at the moment. So unless I wanted to see the birds I feed dead in the morning from drinking sulfuric acid, I had to keep going with the hose and broom it all out in the driveway.

On the bright side I acquired a Toyota 5 speed transmission today, I'll get the tape measure out tomorrow and see what use this thing will be to us. I might end up picking up an early 80's Celica Supra for a few extra bones, bad rod in the motor that's in it but the guy has an 85k mile 5MGE in the garage waiting to go in. Possible turbo candidate, possible V8 recipient, also possible 616 recipient as well, though the last is the least likely. More likely is that I'll just drive it, I think they're something like 155hp, 165 lb-ft, 6k rpm redline. Never really got to drive the snot out of the ones I used to have, and once it's registered for a year...mwah ha ha!
CID Vicious
12-17-2009, 02:16 AM #1

Well, you're never too experienced to completely screw something up, I guess.

I'd just gotten my second front spring swapped in on the 240D. Finally got the Klönn tool put to work, ground out my access holes to get it in there. The 300D to 240D spring swap so far is great, the front is a bit lower on the 240D but not radically, though the stiffness has gone up considerably. The 240D is getting two coils cut off of the 300D springs, the 300D gets the 240D springs minus one coil. The 300D should be nice and low but still have the kushy ride, still have to cut and reinstall the last spring tomorrow morning.

Then, since my battery in the 240D was kind of old, not very well sealed anymore, I figured I'd not temp fate and removed the battery when I was grinding out the passenger side. Got the second spring in, and I was like, hey, I'm going to want to check out the new ride and handling in a bit, so let me swap these batteries out - the 300D has a full size Interstate, vs the older, medium sized one in the 240D. Or, I should say, it used to.

I can't tell you how that thing got out of my hands. Up jumped the Devil, I guess. Crashed into the concrete, sending acid everywhere, including a couple of drops on my face. Got to the sink in seemingly no time at all, went back out and got to hosing the whole area down, then I got the dish soap and poured the soap into the stream to help neutralize the acid. Went back out a few minutes ago, it's too cold for the water to evaporate by morning (or even by the weekend) and it puddles under, you guessed it, the 300D. AKA the car with 3 legs at the moment. So unless I wanted to see the birds I feed dead in the morning from drinking sulfuric acid, I had to keep going with the hose and broom it all out in the driveway.

On the bright side I acquired a Toyota 5 speed transmission today, I'll get the tape measure out tomorrow and see what use this thing will be to us. I might end up picking up an early 80's Celica Supra for a few extra bones, bad rod in the motor that's in it but the guy has an 85k mile 5MGE in the garage waiting to go in. Possible turbo candidate, possible V8 recipient, also possible 616 recipient as well, though the last is the least likely. More likely is that I'll just drive it, I think they're something like 155hp, 165 lb-ft, 6k rpm redline. Never really got to drive the snot out of the ones I used to have, and once it's registered for a year...mwah ha ha!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average