STD Tuning Suspension Got my Klönn compressor...proper procedure for removal of the front springs?

Got my Klönn compressor...proper procedure for removal of the front springs?

Got my Klönn compressor...proper procedure for removal of the front springs?

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

CID Vicious
Unregistered

12-08-2009, 05:16 PM #1
I've got the ebay Klann clone in my hands...what else do I need? Is popping the ball joint necessary with this tool, or can I basically leave the front suspension together?
Also, I'm planning on cutting 2 coils in the front, one, maybe 1.5 in the rear. I'm going to use a sawzall - anyone who's done this, can you recommend a good blade for this?
This post was last modified: 12-08-2009, 05:19 PM by CID Vicious.
CID Vicious
12-08-2009, 05:16 PM #1

I've got the ebay Klann clone in my hands...what else do I need? Is popping the ball joint necessary with this tool, or can I basically leave the front suspension together?

Also, I'm planning on cutting 2 coils in the front, one, maybe 1.5 in the rear. I'm going to use a sawzall - anyone who's done this, can you recommend a good blade for this?

George3soccer
Holset

12-08-2009, 07:54 PM #2
leave it together just top off the top strut nut, and everything will fall into place. You can work around it without the strut removal at top, the spring compressor will work with just removing the spring.

Just ease of installation and removal.
George3soccer
12-08-2009, 07:54 PM #2

leave it together just top off the top strut nut, and everything will fall into place. You can work around it without the strut removal at top, the spring compressor will work with just removing the spring.

Just ease of installation and removal.

GREASY_BEAST
Holset

12-09-2009, 02:10 PM #3
You might have to grind out the hole in the top of the spring perch with a round file to get the spring compressor to fit through it, after that its smooth sailing.
GREASY_BEAST
12-09-2009, 02:10 PM #3

You might have to grind out the hole in the top of the spring perch with a round file to get the spring compressor to fit through it, after that its smooth sailing.

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average