STD Tuning Engine Injector Upgrades for 1985 300sd

Injector Upgrades for 1985 300sd

Injector Upgrades for 1985 300sd

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cleanboost
Unregistered

12-01-2009, 04:45 PM #1
Hey, I am looking for performance injectors for my friends 1985 300sd turbodiesel. I have been looking at these websites and found a few things, but I would like to know if their any Mercedes Benz tuning sites that do Diesel Benz performance. http://www.mercedessource.com/node/4753 . also Can anybody tell me if there are any external pump adjustments to get some more power? I live in Utah and I heard there is a import diesel place in Salt Lake City but im not sure what its called?

Thanks
Cleanboost
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM #1

Hey, I am looking for performance injectors for my friends 1985 300sd turbodiesel. I have been looking at these websites and found a few things, but I would like to know if their any Mercedes Benz tuning sites that do Diesel Benz performance. http://www.mercedessource.com/node/4753 . also Can anybody tell me if there are any external pump adjustments to get some more power? I live in Utah and I heard there is a import diesel place in Salt Lake City but im not sure what its called?

Thanks

ForcedInduction
Banned

12-01-2009, 10:47 PM #2
I can see from the picture that those are not "performance" nozzles, there is no such thing, they are just normal 265 nozzles used in the OM602/3 engines. For being cons, their price is surprisingly reasonable on that item. However, you will still need to pay a shop to install them and adjust the pop pressure.

265 nozzles will increase power a little bit on the top end but they sacrifice significant torque at low RPMs and make combustion louder. The only real advantage they have over the stock 240/ nozzles is no pintle hole that can plug with carbon.

There is nothing on the outside of the pump that will increase power. Adjusting the ALDA only advances the fuel:boost curve a little and adjusting the throttle stop can bind the internal linkage. Nether will increase actual horsepower. Removing the back cover and adjusting/removing the rack limiter is the only way to increase the maximum fuel quantity injected on the stock pump.

Read through here: http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/ip-f...t-189.html
This post was last modified: 12-01-2009, 10:50 PM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
12-01-2009, 10:47 PM #2

I can see from the picture that those are not "performance" nozzles, there is no such thing, they are just normal 265 nozzles used in the OM602/3 engines. For being cons, their price is surprisingly reasonable on that item. However, you will still need to pay a shop to install them and adjust the pop pressure.

265 nozzles will increase power a little bit on the top end but they sacrifice significant torque at low RPMs and make combustion louder. The only real advantage they have over the stock 240/ nozzles is no pintle hole that can plug with carbon.

There is nothing on the outside of the pump that will increase power. Adjusting the ALDA only advances the fuel:boost curve a little and adjusting the throttle stop can bind the internal linkage. Nether will increase actual horsepower. Removing the back cover and adjusting/removing the rack limiter is the only way to increase the maximum fuel quantity injected on the stock pump.

polarisrmk
603 95' 124 WAGON

12-01-2009, 11:54 PM #3
I live in SLC as well .... there is really no performance diesel place for imports here. I have the same year and car and have been looking into doing some performance upgrades myself. How much HP are you looking to gain? If you have done a lot of reading on here u have probably noticed that it can get pretty pricey to get a huge gain out of an om617. Search threads about MYNA that can give u some more information on what is involved.
polarisrmk
12-01-2009, 11:54 PM #3

I live in SLC as well .... there is really no performance diesel place for imports here. I have the same year and car and have been looking into doing some performance upgrades myself. How much HP are you looking to gain? If you have done a lot of reading on here u have probably noticed that it can get pretty pricey to get a huge gain out of an om617. Search threads about MYNA that can give u some more information on what is involved.

Ian White
machinemanjr

12-02-2009, 02:50 AM #4
(12-01-2009, 10:47 PM)ForcedInduction I can see from the picture that those are not "performance" nozzles, there is no such thing, they are just normal 265 nozzles used in the OM602/3 engines. For being cons, their price is surprisingly reasonable on that item. However, you will still need to pay a shop to install them and adjust the pop pressure.

Didn't you forget the Torque Capsule?
Ian White
12-02-2009, 02:50 AM #4

(12-01-2009, 10:47 PM)ForcedInduction I can see from the picture that those are not "performance" nozzles, there is no such thing, they are just normal 265 nozzles used in the OM602/3 engines. For being cons, their price is surprisingly reasonable on that item. However, you will still need to pay a shop to install them and adjust the pop pressure.

Didn't you forget the Torque Capsule?

ForcedInduction
Banned

12-02-2009, 10:33 AM #5
(12-02-2009, 02:50 AM)Ian White Didn't you forget the Torque Capsule?

Adjusting the torque capsule causes return to idle and deceleration fuel cutoff problems on both M and MW pumps.
ForcedInduction
12-02-2009, 10:33 AM #5

(12-02-2009, 02:50 AM)Ian White Didn't you forget the Torque Capsule?

Adjusting the torque capsule causes return to idle and deceleration fuel cutoff problems on both M and MW pumps.

George3soccer
Holset

12-02-2009, 12:29 PM #6
Which motors did the MW pumps come on.

Maybe a thread on what motors had what pumps, ill do a search and edit if i find it.

Edit: om602 N/A should have a M pump. got it.
This post was last modified: 12-02-2009, 12:42 PM by George3soccer.
George3soccer
12-02-2009, 12:29 PM #6

Which motors did the MW pumps come on.

Maybe a thread on what motors had what pumps, ill do a search and edit if i find it.

Edit: om602 N/A should have a M pump. got it.

ForcedInduction
Banned

12-02-2009, 09:46 PM #7
(12-02-2009, 12:29 PM)George3soccer Which motors did the MW pumps come on.

All US sold OM616 and 617 engines.
ForcedInduction
12-02-2009, 09:46 PM #7

(12-02-2009, 12:29 PM)George3soccer Which motors did the MW pumps come on.

All US sold OM616 and 617 engines.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average