STD Tuning Engine Anyone tried to measure blowby pressure

Anyone tried to measure blowby pressure

Anyone tried to measure blowby pressure

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

peter460332
Unregistered

11-23-2009, 11:27 AM #1
Was thinking of making a repeatable blowby measuring guage for an Om617. I was contemplating of measuring pressure in return line to inlet manifold with a restricting orifice. One will eventally over time be ample to quickly assess if an engine is satisfactory or not. Any thoughts - what pressure will engine shut off ( MW pump on mine )
Peter
peter460332
11-23-2009, 11:27 AM #1

Was thinking of making a repeatable blowby measuring guage for an Om617. I was contemplating of measuring pressure in return line to inlet manifold with a restricting orifice. One will eventally over time be ample to quickly assess if an engine is satisfactory or not. Any thoughts - what pressure will engine shut off ( MW pump on mine )
Peter

ForcedInduction
Banned

11-23-2009, 02:25 PM #2
Pressurizing the crankcase on any engine is very bad, its a quick way to blow out many oil seals.

One standard measuring method is to get a 30 gallon trash bag and observe how much it inflates over 1 minute.
ForcedInduction
11-23-2009, 02:25 PM #2

Pressurizing the crankcase on any engine is very bad, its a quick way to blow out many oil seals.

One standard measuring method is to get a 30 gallon trash bag and observe how much it inflates over 1 minute.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average