STD Tuning Engine OM606.962 stock turbo boost issues

OM606.962 stock turbo boost issues

OM606.962 stock turbo boost issues

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TheKulakKing
Naturally-aspirated

04-11-2024, 07:09 PM #1
I've got a bone stock OM606 turbo that's been throwing a P0243 code (Wastegate solenoid A) I have swapped the solenoid with the EGR valve (being the same part), same problem; and tested the wastegate for holding vacuum (it does). It seems to me that the code is only thrown when the vehicle is at speed and under heavy load (going uphill). I've done multi-hour trips and the code only appears to be thrown under those conditions. Being on level roads or going downhill the code is not thrown. Turbo also seems to be working fine on level ground and downhill, albeit not as performance-based as I would like it to be, but at speed under load turbocharger does not appear to be working. Vehicle seems its really struggling to maintain speed. This is my first turbocharged vehicle and am unsure how to proceed with trying to isolate, diagnose and resolve this issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
TheKulakKing
04-11-2024, 07:09 PM #1

I've got a bone stock OM606 turbo that's been throwing a P0243 code (Wastegate solenoid A) I have swapped the solenoid with the EGR valve (being the same part), same problem; and tested the wastegate for holding vacuum (it does). It seems to me that the code is only thrown when the vehicle is at speed and under heavy load (going uphill). I've done multi-hour trips and the code only appears to be thrown under those conditions. Being on level roads or going downhill the code is not thrown. Turbo also seems to be working fine on level ground and downhill, albeit not as performance-based as I would like it to be, but at speed under load turbocharger does not appear to be working. Vehicle seems its really struggling to maintain speed. This is my first turbocharged vehicle and am unsure how to proceed with trying to isolate, diagnose and resolve this issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average