STD Tuning Engine Start up procedure after IP install

Start up procedure after IP install

Start up procedure after IP install

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

emoynier
Naturally-aspirated

09-13-2020, 01:09 PM #1
I’m going to install a Dieselmeken EDC 7.5 mm pump into my 0M606 later this week. I want to know what is the start up procedure after the pump is installed and all the fuel lines are reconnected? Is there any priming or other such as making sure the fuel filter is topped off? Please advise.
emoynier
09-13-2020, 01:09 PM #1

I’m going to install a Dieselmeken EDC 7.5 mm pump into my 0M606 later this week. I want to know what is the start up procedure after the pump is installed and all the fuel lines are reconnected? Is there any priming or other such as making sure the fuel filter is topped off? Please advise.

AlanMcR
mind - blown

09-14-2020, 12:32 AM #2
Crack open all six fuel line fittings at the injectors. Just enough so that they can leak.
Then crank in 15-30 second bursts. Keep topping up the battery. Once you see fluid at an injector, tighten that one up. Once you have four tightened up you can safely do them all. It will start pretty quickly after that.
When doing any fuel work, it saves a lot of time to clamp the fuel feed and return hoses. That keeps the fuel much closer and results in a lot less cranking.
This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 12:33 AM by AlanMcR.
AlanMcR
09-14-2020, 12:32 AM #2

Crack open all six fuel line fittings at the injectors. Just enough so that they can leak.
Then crank in 15-30 second bursts. Keep topping up the battery. Once you see fluid at an injector, tighten that one up. Once you have four tightened up you can safely do them all. It will start pretty quickly after that.
When doing any fuel work, it saves a lot of time to clamp the fuel feed and return hoses. That keeps the fuel much closer and results in a lot less cranking.

emoynier
Naturally-aspirated

09-18-2020, 02:12 PM #3
thank you. Makes sense.
emoynier
09-18-2020, 02:12 PM #3

thank you. Makes sense.

AlanMcR
mind - blown

09-18-2020, 05:06 PM #4
An important note: You must use the ignition key to crank. Just turning the engine over with the starter alone won't do it. The electronic shutoff valve on the side of the IP needs to be open, which is commanded by the ECU.
AlanMcR
09-18-2020, 05:06 PM #4

An important note: You must use the ignition key to crank. Just turning the engine over with the starter alone won't do it. The electronic shutoff valve on the side of the IP needs to be open, which is commanded by the ECU.

emoynier
Naturally-aspirated

09-19-2020, 11:11 AM #5
Do you need a Baum 606 Injector socket, to crack the injectors?
emoynier
09-19-2020, 11:11 AM #5

Do you need a Baum 606 Injector socket, to crack the injectors?

zeeman
Holset

09-19-2020, 11:39 AM #6
emoynier Do you need a Baum 606 Injector socket, to crack the injectors?
Best to have the correct  socket for the nut on the hard line to keep from rounding off the nut. Sometimes they  are hard to loosen. There are a couple brands making these, available on E-bay.
zeeman
09-19-2020, 11:39 AM #6

emoynier Do you need a Baum 606 Injector socket, to crack the injectors?
Best to have the correct  socket for the nut on the hard line to keep from rounding off the nut. Sometimes they  are hard to loosen. There are a couple brands making these, available on E-bay.

AlanMcR
mind - blown

09-19-2020, 12:49 PM #7
15mm? 17mm? Can't recall. Make sure the wrench has a good snug fit on the nut. You will probably have to move the crank case breather tube and oil separator out of the way. That is when you will find that the rubber is rock hard and fragile.
AlanMcR
09-19-2020, 12:49 PM #7

15mm? 17mm? Can't recall. Make sure the wrench has a good snug fit on the nut. You will probably have to move the crank case breather tube and oil separator out of the way. That is when you will find that the rubber is rock hard and fragile.

barrote
Superturbo

09-21-2020, 02:29 AM #8
hy guys,
M pumps do not need line breaks... it doesn't go any faster.
If car is using own lift pump, this one is also able to suck from thank even with very small air leaks. Nevertheless filling filter with diesel will help. Besides that is cranking. 45 sec should be enough.
Since is a first start .... one fella at ignition is desirable....

FD,