STD Tuning Engine Bench testing, no oil pressure

Bench testing, no oil pressure

Bench testing, no oil pressure

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

moroza
Naturally-aspirated

06-11-2020, 11:08 PM #1
606 turbo strapped to a pallet, several jumpercables and a battery connected to the starter, oil in the pan at least halfway up the dipstick. Both the 6mm Allen plug on the oilfilter housing, and the turbo oil pressure line, are open. Cranked at least six times, mostly 3-5 seconds and never more than 10 seconds at a time, and there's nothing more than residual trickle out of either hole. Any ideas? How long should these take to build pressure?

EDIT: the oil cooler lines were cut, and are connected to each other. I've not yet taken apart the connection to see if there's flow there.
This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 11:17 PM by moroza.
moroza
06-11-2020, 11:08 PM #1

606 turbo strapped to a pallet, several jumpercables and a battery connected to the starter, oil in the pan at least halfway up the dipstick. Both the 6mm Allen plug on the oilfilter housing, and the turbo oil pressure line, are open. Cranked at least six times, mostly 3-5 seconds and never more than 10 seconds at a time, and there's nothing more than residual trickle out of either hole. Any ideas? How long should these take to build pressure?

EDIT: the oil cooler lines were cut, and are connected to each other. I've not yet taken apart the connection to see if there's flow there.

junkyarddawg
Naturally-aspirated

06-12-2020, 06:48 AM #2
Not really sure on the specifics but have you tried to pour fresh oil into the oil filter housing? This should help to prime the pump.
junkyarddawg
06-12-2020, 06:48 AM #2

Not really sure on the specifics but have you tried to pour fresh oil into the oil filter housing? This should help to prime the pump.

zeeman
Holset

06-12-2020, 10:28 AM #3
junkyarddawg Not really sure on the specifics but have you tried to pour fresh oil into the oil filter housing? This should help to prime the pump.
What is the history of the engine, was it just rebuilt or just a used engine? I would plug everything but the turbo feed line and spin it over, how fast is it spinning over?
zeeman
06-12-2020, 10:28 AM #3

junkyarddawg Not really sure on the specifics but have you tried to pour fresh oil into the oil filter housing? This should help to prime the pump.
What is the history of the engine, was it just rebuilt or just a used engine? I would plug everything but the turbo feed line and spin it over, how fast is it spinning over?

moroza
Naturally-aspirated

06-12-2020, 04:32 PM #4
Engine came out of a wreck, so presumably was running. I don't have a way to measure cranking speed, but my ears say, "not especially fast." The oilpan has a hole and a crack in it, but the oilpan isn't crushed to the point of damaging the pump.
moroza
06-12-2020, 04:32 PM #4

Engine came out of a wreck, so presumably was running. I don't have a way to measure cranking speed, but my ears say, "not especially fast." The oilpan has a hole and a crack in it, but the oilpan isn't crushed to the point of damaging the pump.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average