STD Tuning Engine om606 conversion motor mounts

om606 conversion motor mounts

om606 conversion motor mounts

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

03-25-2020, 07:17 PM #1
Need some input on motor mounts members have used. I am currently running 12v cummins 6bt mounts in my F150 conversion and they don't seem to dampen vibration enough. Any posts would be appreciated as right now I'm thinking oil filled mounts. The donor car mounts don't look very substantial but nevertheless they did support the engine in the w210 and I drove it before I pulled the engine and didn't notice anything bad vibration wise.
50harleyrider
03-25-2020, 07:17 PM #1

Need some input on motor mounts members have used. I am currently running 12v cummins 6bt mounts in my F150 conversion and they don't seem to dampen vibration enough. Any posts would be appreciated as right now I'm thinking oil filled mounts. The donor car mounts don't look very substantial but nevertheless they did support the engine in the w210 and I drove it before I pulled the engine and didn't notice anything bad vibration wise.

zeeman
Holset

03-26-2020, 12:21 PM #2
(03-25-2020, 07:17 PM)50harleyrider Need some input on motor mounts members have used. I am currently running 12v cummins 6bt mounts in my F150 conversion and they don't seem to dampen vibration enough. Any posts would be appreciated as right now I'm thinking oil filled mounts. The donor car mounts don't look very substantial but nevertheless they did support the engine in the w210 and I drove it before I pulled the engine and didn't notice anything bad vibration wise.

When I use the cummins 24 V, mounts I take the side rubber round disc part of the mount off so just the center of the mount were the bolt goes through is clamped in the steel mounts from the frame.
The problem with the stock mounts or fluid mounts they don't hold up well in 4x4 conditions. Sometimes it is a trade off for smoothness or strength.

Zeeman
zeeman
03-26-2020, 12:21 PM #2

(03-25-2020, 07:17 PM)50harleyrider Need some input on motor mounts members have used. I am currently running 12v cummins 6bt mounts in my F150 conversion and they don't seem to dampen vibration enough. Any posts would be appreciated as right now I'm thinking oil filled mounts. The donor car mounts don't look very substantial but nevertheless they did support the engine in the w210 and I drove it before I pulled the engine and didn't notice anything bad vibration wise.

When I use the cummins 24 V, mounts I take the side rubber round disc part of the mount off so just the center of the mount were the bolt goes through is clamped in the steel mounts from the frame.
The problem with the stock mounts or fluid mounts they don't hold up well in 4x4 conditions. Sometimes it is a trade off for smoothness or strength.

Zeeman

barrote
Superturbo

03-27-2020, 08:59 AM #3
Use g wagon mounts

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
03-27-2020, 08:59 AM #3

Use g wagon mounts

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

03-28-2020, 06:39 AM #4
(03-27-2020, 08:59 AM)barrote Use g wagon mounts
Thanks Barrote. I have looked at those mounts and they look nice and look like they would allow the engine to move a little bit more dampening vibration better and be suitable for the om606 weight compared to the 24v cummins mounts. A 6bt engine probably weighs 50% more than a 606. Does the G wagon use a front mount? For sure there aren't any near me to check. My engine is sitting on only the 2 and my truck would require some extensive fabrication to add one.
This post was last modified: 03-28-2020, 06:54 AM by 50harleyrider.
50harleyrider
03-28-2020, 06:39 AM #4

(03-27-2020, 08:59 AM)barrote Use g wagon mounts
Thanks Barrote. I have looked at those mounts and they look nice and look like they would allow the engine to move a little bit more dampening vibration better and be suitable for the om606 weight compared to the 24v cummins mounts. A 6bt engine probably weighs 50% more than a 606. Does the G wagon use a front mount? For sure there aren't any near me to check. My engine is sitting on only the 2 and my truck would require some extensive fabrication to add one.

AlanMcR
mind - blown

03-28-2020, 09:39 PM #5
The G uses one mount on either side, roughly midway down the engine.  The great thing about these mounts is that they are fairly compliant, but even if the rubber fails completely the engine can't move very far.  The bolt 11 goes through the center of the trapezoid and prevents the engine from twisting away.
Attached Files
Image(s)

AlanMcR
03-28-2020, 09:39 PM #5

The G uses one mount on either side, roughly midway down the engine.  The great thing about these mounts is that they are fairly compliant, but even if the rubber fails completely the engine can't move very far.  The bolt 11 goes through the center of the trapezoid and prevents the engine from twisting away.

Attached Files
Image(s)

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

05-26-2020, 05:19 AM #6
I'm running a new w210 oem left side motor mount and an anchor 2469 on the right side. I couldn't get an oem mount on the right side due to the engine slant without doing some serious modding to the f150 to get some more clearance. will eventually do that but am super happy with the decrease in vibration and even lowered the drone in the cab. the cummins 24v 6BT mounts were strong as hell but way too stiff for this engine of 1/3 the weight.
This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 05:26 AM by 50harleyrider.
50harleyrider
05-26-2020, 05:19 AM #6

I'm running a new w210 oem left side motor mount and an anchor 2469 on the right side. I couldn't get an oem mount on the right side due to the engine slant without doing some serious modding to the f150 to get some more clearance. will eventually do that but am super happy with the decrease in vibration and even lowered the drone in the cab. the cummins 24v 6BT mounts were strong as hell but way too stiff for this engine of 1/3 the weight.

X Double Dot
GTA2056V

05-26-2020, 06:45 AM #7
(05-26-2020, 05:19 AM)50harleyrider I'm running a new w210 oem left side motor mount and an anchor 2469 on the right side. I couldn't get an oem mount on the right side due to the engine slant without doing some serious modding to the f150 to get some more clearance. will eventually do that but am super happy with the decrease in vibration and even lowered the drone in the cab. the cummins 24v 6BT mounts were strong as hell but way too stiff for this engine of 1/3 the weight.

nice, glad it helped.  Do you have any pictures of the new mount setup?  I assumed the w210 mounts can't handle any shear load? are yours mounted at angle or straight up and down?
X Double Dot
05-26-2020, 06:45 AM #7

(05-26-2020, 05:19 AM)50harleyrider I'm running a new w210 oem left side motor mount and an anchor 2469 on the right side. I couldn't get an oem mount on the right side due to the engine slant without doing some serious modding to the f150 to get some more clearance. will eventually do that but am super happy with the decrease in vibration and even lowered the drone in the cab. the cummins 24v 6BT mounts were strong as hell but way too stiff for this engine of 1/3 the weight.

nice, glad it helped.  Do you have any pictures of the new mount setup?  I assumed the w210 mounts can't handle any shear load? are yours mounted at angle or straight up and down?

zeeman
Holset

05-26-2020, 11:31 AM #8
X Double Dot
50harleyrider I'm running a new w210 oem left side motor mount and an anchor 2469 on the right side. I couldn't get an oem mount on the right side due to the engine slant without doing some serious modding to the f150 to get some more clearance. will eventually do that but am super happy with the decrease in vibration and even lowered the drone in the cab. the cummins 24v 6BT mounts were strong as hell but way too stiff for this engine of 1/3 the weight.

The OEM 210 mount won't hold up in 4X4 application. Just saying. And they have to be installed in pairs as well as at the OEM angle.
zeeman
05-26-2020, 11:31 AM #8

X Double Dot
50harleyrider I'm running a new w210 oem left side motor mount and an anchor 2469 on the right side. I couldn't get an oem mount on the right side due to the engine slant without doing some serious modding to the f150 to get some more clearance. will eventually do that but am super happy with the decrease in vibration and even lowered the drone in the cab. the cummins 24v 6BT mounts were strong as hell but way too stiff for this engine of 1/3 the weight.

The OEM 210 mount won't hold up in 4X4 application. Just saying. And they have to be installed in pairs as well as at the OEM angle.

zeeman
Holset

05-26-2020, 11:48 AM #9
24 valve 1100 lbs.  OM 606 540 lbs.
zeeman
05-26-2020, 11:48 AM #9

24 valve 1100 lbs.  OM 606 540 lbs.

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

05-27-2020, 11:24 AM #10
Yep for sure more than twice the weight. I'll sell the 12v mounts. My f150 won't be seeing any abusive offroad use. I also put a new anchor tranny mount on it today-my oe mount was compressed about 1/4" just fom static weight through the years. That also made a huge difference in decreasing cab drone. Just goes to show that age alone kills the rubber since I bought my truck new in 97 and always babied it and it only has 43k miles on it. I did get the left oe mount at the oe MB angle and will do the same on the right side when I can make room in the bay to install it. the left one was simple-just required a 1/4" x 3" plate mounted to the f150 lug and heated and bent to insure the MB mm angle was maintained. it's just amazing to me how attention to simple things make such a huge difference. Now I need to find a rear widow graphics saying Mercedes Diesel Power. I will definitely post that photo. So far can only find cummins,power stroke,duramax-no thanks
This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 11:27 AM by 50harleyrider.
50harleyrider
05-27-2020, 11:24 AM #10

Yep for sure more than twice the weight. I'll sell the 12v mounts. My f150 won't be seeing any abusive offroad use. I also put a new anchor tranny mount on it today-my oe mount was compressed about 1/4" just fom static weight through the years. That also made a huge difference in decreasing cab drone. Just goes to show that age alone kills the rubber since I bought my truck new in 97 and always babied it and it only has 43k miles on it. I did get the left oe mount at the oe MB angle and will do the same on the right side when I can make room in the bay to install it. the left one was simple-just required a 1/4" x 3" plate mounted to the f150 lug and heated and bent to insure the MB mm angle was maintained. it's just amazing to me how attention to simple things make such a huge difference. Now I need to find a rear widow graphics saying Mercedes Diesel Power. I will definitely post that photo. So far can only find cummins,power stroke,duramax-no thanks

Nick S
K26-2

05-28-2020, 08:28 AM #11
Get some made and I'll buy one from you ?
Nick S
05-28-2020, 08:28 AM #11

Get some made and I'll buy one from you ?

zeeman
Holset

05-28-2020, 01:26 PM #12
50harleyrider Yep for sure more than twice the weight. I'll sell the 12v mounts. My f150 won't be seeing any abusive offroad use. I also put a new anchor tranny mount on it today-my oe mount was compressed about 1/4" just fom static weight through the years. That also made a huge difference in decreasing cab drone. Just goes to show that age alone kills the rubber since I bought my truck new in 97 and always babied it and it only has 43k miles on it. I did get the left oe mount at the oe MB angle and will do the same on the right side when I can make room in the bay to install it. the left one was simple-just required a 1/4" x 3" plate mounted to the f150 lug and heated and bent to insure the MB mm angle was maintained. it's just amazing to me how attention to simple things make such a huge difference. Now I need to find a rear widow graphics saying Mercedes Diesel Power. I will definitely post that photo. So far can only find cummins,power stroke,duramax-no thanks
Find someone that does vinyl  signs, they can make anything you want. I have a guy here that can make all kind of custom signs. They can create anything on their computer.
This post was last modified: 05-28-2020, 01:27 PM by zeeman.
zeeman
05-28-2020, 01:26 PM #12

50harleyrider Yep for sure more than twice the weight. I'll sell the 12v mounts. My f150 won't be seeing any abusive offroad use. I also put a new anchor tranny mount on it today-my oe mount was compressed about 1/4" just fom static weight through the years. That also made a huge difference in decreasing cab drone. Just goes to show that age alone kills the rubber since I bought my truck new in 97 and always babied it and it only has 43k miles on it. I did get the left oe mount at the oe MB angle and will do the same on the right side when I can make room in the bay to install it. the left one was simple-just required a 1/4" x 3" plate mounted to the f150 lug and heated and bent to insure the MB mm angle was maintained. it's just amazing to me how attention to simple things make such a huge difference. Now I need to find a rear widow graphics saying Mercedes Diesel Power. I will definitely post that photo. So far can only find cummins,power stroke,duramax-no thanks
Find someone that does vinyl  signs, they can make anything you want. I have a guy here that can make all kind of custom signs. They can create anything on their computer.

X Double Dot
GTA2056V

05-28-2020, 02:47 PM #13
You could of course mimic the Dodge guys and go with "Ford makes it, Mercedes shakes it" I ordered a Toyota version of that for like 20$
X Double Dot
05-28-2020, 02:47 PM #13

You could of course mimic the Dodge guys and go with "Ford makes it, Mercedes shakes it" I ordered a Toyota version of that for like 20$

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average