STD Tuning Engine Bosch IP Documentation

Bosch IP Documentation

Bosch IP Documentation

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

nastala
K26-2

05-08-2020, 03:29 PM #1
I've gotten hooked on the idea of doing a DIY superpump, or at least rebuild and calibration over the past few months, and was appalled at the lack of information. I went out and collected as many documents as I could about Bosch IP's and then put them on archive.org. I've collected as much material relating to the MW pump and RW governor into this collection: https://archive.org/details/MWpump and I plan to add a few random TB's I may have missed. This is the Bosch W-Archive https://archive.org/details/warchive with everything relating to Bosch diesel before 1995ish (W-400), as well as a bunch of stuff about alternators and generators (W-001). For the sake of completeness, I also uploaded the C-Archive https://archive.org/details/carchive/ , which has information on the Bosch control systems from a ton of car makes. These are slightly weird to navigate, and I think the descriptions on the pages explain it well. The W-Archive has test specs, test instructions, and repair instructions. There is a master table of contents for the W archive diesel section (W-400_000) that tells you which microfiche card and coordinate to find the information on.
nastala
05-08-2020, 03:29 PM #1

I've gotten hooked on the idea of doing a DIY superpump, or at least rebuild and calibration over the past few months, and was appalled at the lack of information. I went out and collected as many documents as I could about Bosch IP's and then put them on archive.org. I've collected as much material relating to the MW pump and RW governor into this collection: https://archive.org/details/MWpump and I plan to add a few random TB's I may have missed. This is the Bosch W-Archive https://archive.org/details/warchive with everything relating to Bosch diesel before 1995ish (W-400), as well as a bunch of stuff about alternators and generators (W-001). For the sake of completeness, I also uploaded the C-Archive https://archive.org/details/carchive/ , which has information on the Bosch control systems from a ton of car makes. These are slightly weird to navigate, and I think the descriptions on the pages explain it well. The W-Archive has test specs, test instructions, and repair instructions. There is a master table of contents for the W archive diesel section (W-400_000) that tells you which microfiche card and coordinate to find the information on.

JoeB
TA 0301

05-10-2020, 11:59 PM #2
That's a great contribution. Thanks.
JoeB
05-10-2020, 11:59 PM #2

That's a great contribution. Thanks.

Kevy
Naturally-aspirated

05-15-2020, 10:26 PM #3
Without a flow bench its impossible to calibrate a pump. It cannot be done "at home".
Kevy
05-15-2020, 10:26 PM #3

Without a flow bench its impossible to calibrate a pump. It cannot be done "at home".

nastala
K26-2

05-15-2020, 11:45 PM #4
(05-15-2020, 10:26 PM)Kevy Without a flow bench its impossible to calibrate a pump. It cannot be done "at home".
My current idea is to pick an RPM to run the pump at (I only have a 1hp synchronous motor), and use a belt to drive the pump at that rpm. I'm thinking 1500rpm. Then, hook up a set of injectors, and point them into graduated cylinders. Ideally, I would time out 1000 strokes and measure absolutely, but it is the relative measurement that I gather is the most important. There is someone rebuilding pumps on ebay, and his test bench is a wood lathe with graduated cylinders, although I don't see one of his up for sale now. The other part of the calibration is phasing, which are static measurements which can be done without any type of flow measurement. I think the reason it was impossible to be done at home, was because there was no test specs or rebuilding instructions anyone could access. Now, there are. The hardest part for me now is the tappet holders, which I hope to be figuring out soon. They are KDEP-1051, and are $200 each form some distributors. I hope to be buying a set soon for a lot less from a different distributor, then modelling them in CAD to put online. I don't understand how the 2 or 3 parts of the tappet holder move, which is why I haven't made one yet. There is a Bosch blueprint in the RW section, which has one angle and one dimension. Once the mechanism are known, it should be simple to make a CAD model, then a real one.
nastala
05-15-2020, 11:45 PM #4

(05-15-2020, 10:26 PM)Kevy Without a flow bench its impossible to calibrate a pump. It cannot be done "at home".
My current idea is to pick an RPM to run the pump at (I only have a 1hp synchronous motor), and use a belt to drive the pump at that rpm. I'm thinking 1500rpm. Then, hook up a set of injectors, and point them into graduated cylinders. Ideally, I would time out 1000 strokes and measure absolutely, but it is the relative measurement that I gather is the most important. There is someone rebuilding pumps on ebay, and his test bench is a wood lathe with graduated cylinders, although I don't see one of his up for sale now. The other part of the calibration is phasing, which are static measurements which can be done without any type of flow measurement. I think the reason it was impossible to be done at home, was because there was no test specs or rebuilding instructions anyone could access. Now, there are. The hardest part for me now is the tappet holders, which I hope to be figuring out soon. They are KDEP-1051, and are $200 each form some distributors. I hope to be buying a set soon for a lot less from a different distributor, then modelling them in CAD to put online. I don't understand how the 2 or 3 parts of the tappet holder move, which is why I haven't made one yet. There is a Bosch blueprint in the RW section, which has one angle and one dimension. Once the mechanism are known, it should be simple to make a CAD model, then a real one.

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average