STD Tuning Engine Help w ith gt2256v

Help w ith gt2256v

Help w ith gt2256v

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

W116Lorinser
OM617.95

11-11-2009, 10:11 AM #1
Im looking to upgrade the stock turbo in my 80 300sd to get aliittle more performance.

Iwas told the gt2256v was a good upgrade. Will this bolt right up without modification??

Also what are the advantages of gt2256v over the stock turbo? Any more increase?

And where do i find one, been searching google/ ebay no luck.
W116Lorinser
11-11-2009, 10:11 AM #1

Im looking to upgrade the stock turbo in my 80 300sd to get aliittle more performance.

Iwas told the gt2256v was a good upgrade. Will this bolt right up without modification??

Also what are the advantages of gt2256v over the stock turbo? Any more increase?

And where do i find one, been searching google/ ebay no luck.

winmutt
bitbanger

11-11-2009, 11:08 AM #2
Certainly not a bolt on. You need an adapter plate (spsubiker is making one for me), oil plumbing and exhaust adapter. Then you have to control the vanes. We are working on controlling the electronic actuator and FI has several threads on controlling via the vac. Another method would be electronic vac control, something that might work out better as the vac controlled gt2556v are far more common. Ebay search for sprinter turbo.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
11-11-2009, 11:08 AM #2

Certainly not a bolt on. You need an adapter plate (spsubiker is making one for me), oil plumbing and exhaust adapter. Then you have to control the vanes. We are working on controlling the electronic actuator and FI has several threads on controlling via the vac. Another method would be electronic vac control, something that might work out better as the vac controlled gt2556v are far more common. Ebay search for sprinter turbo.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

ForcedInduction
Banned

11-11-2009, 03:26 PM #3
As I said in reply to your PM; This is definitely not the field to be paying a shop to do the work of installing a custom turbo or intercooler. After spending the money to cover the many hours of labor some of these modifications will require, you'd still end up with a car thats no faster than a stock 87 300D but you will have spent enough money to buy one!

There are almost no upgrades that are bolt-on for these cars. Everyone here has done some level of fabrication to get the results they aimed for- cutting a turbo adapter plate, welding the aluminum intake manifold to change port location, installing an intercooler, designing an air filtration system, building electronic circuit boards, modification/adjustment of the injection pump, changing suspension springs, automatic to manual transmission swaps, differential spider welding, the list goes on and on and on.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just saying this is a very hands-on and mechanically oriented hobby.
This post was last modified: 11-11-2009, 03:27 PM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
11-11-2009, 03:26 PM #3

As I said in reply to your PM; This is definitely not the field to be paying a shop to do the work of installing a custom turbo or intercooler. After spending the money to cover the many hours of labor some of these modifications will require, you'd still end up with a car thats no faster than a stock 87 300D but you will have spent enough money to buy one!

There are almost no upgrades that are bolt-on for these cars. Everyone here has done some level of fabrication to get the results they aimed for- cutting a turbo adapter plate, welding the aluminum intake manifold to change port location, installing an intercooler, designing an air filtration system, building electronic circuit boards, modification/adjustment of the injection pump, changing suspension springs, automatic to manual transmission swaps, differential spider welding, the list goes on and on and on.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just saying this is a very hands-on and mechanically oriented hobby.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average