STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides WTB ofgear and 606 swap parts

WTB ofgear and 606 swap parts

WTB ofgear and 606 swap parts

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

cameronk13
Naturally-aspirated

04-12-2020, 01:22 PM #1
Hi everyone I am starting my 606 swap project and looking to for some parts if anyone has something they want to sell or know where I could find them please PM me. I'm swapping a 606 with nag 1 4x4 trans into a 2010 jeep wrangler so I need a 606 bellhousing, converter, flex plate and starter. I'm also looking for a used of gear controller if anyone has one laying around they would like to sell. Also looking for a alternator and ac compressor, p/s pump for the 606. Also looking for a used hx35.
Thanks!
This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 11:26 PM by cameronk13.
cameronk13
04-12-2020, 01:22 PM #1

Hi everyone I am starting my 606 swap project and looking to for some parts if anyone has something they want to sell or know where I could find them please PM me. I'm swapping a 606 with nag 1 4x4 trans into a 2010 jeep wrangler so I need a 606 bellhousing, converter, flex plate and starter. I'm also looking for a used of gear controller if anyone has one laying around they would like to sell. Also looking for a alternator and ac compressor, p/s pump for the 606. Also looking for a used hx35.
Thanks!

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

04-13-2020, 03:55 PM #2
I'd start with row52.com and do a search for I4 & I6 M-B models (inline gassers have same bolt pattern as I6 diesels) that have the same trans family (i.e. 722.6) in your area for the bellhousing and flexplate. Diesel starters are usually more powerful, so either eBay or local auto parts store.

The torque converter may be a little more difficult to come by and ideally should be from the actual engine you are trying to run. So for that you'd obviously need 98-99 E300D here in the U.S. Luckily these are starting to show up a little more often at part yards here and there (maybe someone on eBay has that specific converter). Row52 allows you to put in VIN info and a Dr. Google search can help you find which digits to look for what you want as well as radius from your house, but unfortunately not all self-serve yards participate.

For the trans I'd be on the lookout for one from 2000+ as they apparently fixed some strength/longevity issues found on earlier models. I grabbed one from a '02 ML500 with the transfer case which should be plenty for most Jeeping, YMMV. Also grab at least the trans/case part of the driveshafts as well so you can have a driveshaft shop fab something up. (I forgot the ones from the donor and need to get another set at some point)

I'm fairly certain the gasser version of A/C compressor, alternator, and P/S pumps themselves are the same for a given model, but bracketry usually has some differences. Does your donor engine have those brackets? If not, the gasser engine of similar years is likely close enough to modify.

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
04-13-2020, 03:55 PM #2

I'd start with row52.com and do a search for I4 & I6 M-B models (inline gassers have same bolt pattern as I6 diesels) that have the same trans family (i.e. 722.6) in your area for the bellhousing and flexplate. Diesel starters are usually more powerful, so either eBay or local auto parts store.

The torque converter may be a little more difficult to come by and ideally should be from the actual engine you are trying to run. So for that you'd obviously need 98-99 E300D here in the U.S. Luckily these are starting to show up a little more often at part yards here and there (maybe someone on eBay has that specific converter). Row52 allows you to put in VIN info and a Dr. Google search can help you find which digits to look for what you want as well as radius from your house, but unfortunately not all self-serve yards participate.

For the trans I'd be on the lookout for one from 2000+ as they apparently fixed some strength/longevity issues found on earlier models. I grabbed one from a '02 ML500 with the transfer case which should be plenty for most Jeeping, YMMV. Also grab at least the trans/case part of the driveshafts as well so you can have a driveshaft shop fab something up. (I forgot the ones from the donor and need to get another set at some point)

I'm fairly certain the gasser version of A/C compressor, alternator, and P/S pumps themselves are the same for a given model, but bracketry usually has some differences. Does your donor engine have those brackets? If not, the gasser engine of similar years is likely close enough to modify.

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62

cameronk13
Naturally-aspirated

04-14-2020, 05:16 PM #3
Thanks ill deffinetly have to look into that website i already have the nag 1 trans from a 2008 grandcherokee and many people have pushed that trans well over 500hp no problem so i think it will be plenty for what i am trying to get out of my setup. Next all i need to do is swap the bellhousing from a 606 and bolt it up once i source one, as for the brackets i have the a/c compressor bracket and p/s bracket but belive i am missing the alternator bracket so far have found a few on ebay but figured i would see if anyone here had any laying around they wanted to get rid of.
cameronk13
04-14-2020, 05:16 PM #3

Thanks ill deffinetly have to look into that website i already have the nag 1 trans from a 2008 grandcherokee and many people have pushed that trans well over 500hp no problem so i think it will be plenty for what i am trying to get out of my setup. Next all i need to do is swap the bellhousing from a 606 and bolt it up once i source one, as for the brackets i have the a/c compressor bracket and p/s bracket but belive i am missing the alternator bracket so far have found a few on ebay but figured i would see if anyone here had any laying around they wanted to get rid of.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average