STD Tuning Engine Injector Pop pressure: whats safe and what's not?

Injector Pop pressure: whats safe and what's not?

Injector Pop pressure: whats safe and what's not?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WSchotty
K26-2

04-04-2020, 07:50 PM #3
I am looking into the same thing right now. I just posted a similar question on my project post, may as well put it on here too.

I think we want to stay at 150 bar, but have no official confirmation this is where we should be with the superpumps. It will affect timing, not sure how it would affect pump life if you go over that, or if there is just a point where it doesn't open when you need it to at low flow.

I had a Bosch shop build mine to 150, I think they are already popping poorly as I suspect they used the India/China Bosch replacement nozzles. After only a couple thousand miles I'm getting cold misses and blue decel (not oil) smoke like the injectors are pissing. Also they are very loud, so suspect the 150 bar, if that is where they were set, has already slipped down quite a bit and I'm running more advance now.

I'll be interested to see how those Firads do, I'm looking to find out what the best nozzles are and where to get shims as it seems building and setting them myself may be the best way to go. Have heard both Firad and Monarch, but some are saying the Monarch have slipped in quality. I like things to be pretty closely balanced, and it would be nice to break them in and reshim again I suppose. Anybody go down this road recently?

WSchotty
04-04-2020, 07:50 PM #3

I am looking into the same thing right now. I just posted a similar question on my project post, may as well put it on here too.

I think we want to stay at 150 bar, but have no official confirmation this is where we should be with the superpumps. It will affect timing, not sure how it would affect pump life if you go over that, or if there is just a point where it doesn't open when you need it to at low flow.

I had a Bosch shop build mine to 150, I think they are already popping poorly as I suspect they used the India/China Bosch replacement nozzles. After only a couple thousand miles I'm getting cold misses and blue decel (not oil) smoke like the injectors are pissing. Also they are very loud, so suspect the 150 bar, if that is where they were set, has already slipped down quite a bit and I'm running more advance now.

I'll be interested to see how those Firads do, I'm looking to find out what the best nozzles are and where to get shims as it seems building and setting them myself may be the best way to go. Have heard both Firad and Monarch, but some are saying the Monarch have slipped in quality. I like things to be pretty closely balanced, and it would be nice to break them in and reshim again I suppose. Anybody go down this road recently?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Injector Pop pressure: whats safe and what's not? - by TwoMuchBoost - 02-26-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Injector Pop pressure: whats safe and what's not? - by zenins - 03-27-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Injector Pop pressure: whats safe and what's not? - by zeeman - 04-05-2020, 01:26 PM
RE: Injector Pop pressure: whats safe and what's not? - by WSchotty - 04-04-2020, 07:50 PM