STD Tuning Engine OM642 VNT to WG conversion?

OM642 VNT to WG conversion?

OM642 VNT to WG conversion?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NiTeC
Naturally-aspirated

01-06-2020, 08:25 AM #1
Hey guys,

been trying to find some info - has anybody converted their OM642 unit to run a WG turbo? We've done this on a few VWs and love running the He2xx series Holsets on them but I haven't seen anybody do it on the 642 unit....any info? I think I'm primarily worried about the tuning side of it
NiTeC
01-06-2020, 08:25 AM #1

Hey guys,

been trying to find some info - has anybody converted their OM642 unit to run a WG turbo? We've done this on a few VWs and love running the He2xx series Holsets on them but I haven't seen anybody do it on the 642 unit....any info? I think I'm primarily worried about the tuning side of it

barrote
Superturbo

01-08-2020, 08:33 AM #2
I guess that won't be that dificult ... unless u find resolution problems with the actuator...
I would use the orig 642 actuator to operate the WG.
Then is just a question of right maping in order to prevent limp problems due to lack of boost early on the RPM.
Of course EGR function will be compromised as a convetional turbo will develop lower EGP than a VNT type . But that is all tuneable.
Wish u luck

FD,