STD Tuning Engine Turbo Upgrade w116 300sd

Turbo Upgrade w116 300sd

Turbo Upgrade w116 300sd

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

W116Lorinser
OM617.95

11-10-2009, 11:29 AM #1
I just purchased a Mint condition w116 300sd turbo diesel about a month back from an orginal owner. car has 160k on it and was watched meticusouly i picked it up for a great price that i couldnt refuse.

I spent last week pretty much making the car like new... did all new door/winshield and trunk seals....new Monark Injectors, monark glow plugs... fuel filter.. oil filter.. inline filter.. oil change etc pretty much everything else you could do....

for a 4000 pound car the only thing i dont like is how slow the turbo spools up and the lack of power the car has on take off if i have it in the D position. Is there anyway i can do some simple mods or change to a similar turbo with more better spool and power without jeopordizing the engine and tranny.

im new on here so any help would be great

thanksBig Grin
W116Lorinser
11-10-2009, 11:29 AM #1

I just purchased a Mint condition w116 300sd turbo diesel about a month back from an orginal owner. car has 160k on it and was watched meticusouly i picked it up for a great price that i couldnt refuse.

I spent last week pretty much making the car like new... did all new door/winshield and trunk seals....new Monark Injectors, monark glow plugs... fuel filter.. oil filter.. inline filter.. oil change etc pretty much everything else you could do....

for a 4000 pound car the only thing i dont like is how slow the turbo spools up and the lack of power the car has on take off if i have it in the D position. Is there anyway i can do some simple mods or change to a similar turbo with more better spool and power without jeopordizing the engine and tranny.

im new on here so any help would be great

thanksBig Grin

ForcedInduction
Banned

11-10-2009, 02:02 PM #2
(11-10-2009, 11:29 AM)W116Lorinser for a 4000 pound car the only thing i dont like is how slow the turbo spools up and the lack of power the car has on take off if i have it in the D position.

Unfortunately, the W116's 722.1 transmission can't handle the increased torque of a faster spooling turbo. It has an overload protection system built-in (see attachments).

Get everything up to spec; valve adjustment, clean the ALDA hose, disable the EGR (1980+), use synthetic oils and maybe adjust the ALDA.

Another option is to update to the later 722.3 transmission, it has no problem handling everything the stock injection pump can throw at it.
This post was last modified: 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM by ForcedInduction.
Attached Files
Image(s)

ForcedInduction
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM #2

(11-10-2009, 11:29 AM)W116Lorinser for a 4000 pound car the only thing i dont like is how slow the turbo spools up and the lack of power the car has on take off if i have it in the D position.

Unfortunately, the W116's 722.1 transmission can't handle the increased torque of a faster spooling turbo. It has an overload protection system built-in (see attachments).

Get everything up to spec; valve adjustment, clean the ALDA hose, disable the EGR (1980+), use synthetic oils and maybe adjust the ALDA.

Another option is to update to the later 722.3 transmission, it has no problem handling everything the stock injection pump can throw at it.

Attached Files
Image(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average