STD Tuning Engine holset balancing Q

holset balancing Q

holset balancing Q

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Antonio
TA 0301

09-05-2019, 09:16 AM #1
Hi folks,

a few months ago i bought hx35w from one guy from Netherlands and this turbo had issue with leaking into exhaust housing.
I did check for all bearings and shims and rubber seals and everything else and with consulting one guy over the web, he said 
that this parts are all ok. No visible marks on the shaft, no marks on the copper bearings but still this turbo leaks into the exhaust housing. Def it needs new bearings and seals...

now i have another question as i have found Melett parts are well designed and made with good quality i want to rebuild this turbo myself.
After searching the web i did come across a few guys that say Holsets are individually balanced and if in ok condition they dont require balancing?

i want to put new rebuild kit into my Holset and just to be shure it doesnt need balancing again, it was a cheap turbo and i dont want to spend 300-400 euro for balancing and rebuilding it.

Main question is it true that Holset have individually balanced parts (shaft, blades) 

Cheers 
Antonio
Antonio
09-05-2019, 09:16 AM #1

Hi folks,

a few months ago i bought hx35w from one guy from Netherlands and this turbo had issue with leaking into exhaust housing.
I did check for all bearings and shims and rubber seals and everything else and with consulting one guy over the web, he said 
that this parts are all ok. No visible marks on the shaft, no marks on the copper bearings but still this turbo leaks into the exhaust housing. Def it needs new bearings and seals...

now i have another question as i have found Melett parts are well designed and made with good quality i want to rebuild this turbo myself.
After searching the web i did come across a few guys that say Holsets are individually balanced and if in ok condition they dont require balancing?

i want to put new rebuild kit into my Holset and just to be shure it doesnt need balancing again, it was a cheap turbo and i dont want to spend 300-400 euro for balancing and rebuilding it.

Main question is it true that Holset have individually balanced parts (shaft, blades) 

Cheers 
Antonio

Mallinman
GT2256V

09-05-2019, 04:56 PM #2
Have you checked the oil pressure rating for that particular turbo. And checked the oil pressure coming out of your turbo feed. Maybe you need a restrictor. Could be why it’s leaking.

Mitsubishi L200 manual om605  
7.5mm Bosch 044 fed pump 
Borgwarner S200 
Mallinman
09-05-2019, 04:56 PM #2

Have you checked the oil pressure rating for that particular turbo. And checked the oil pressure coming out of your turbo feed. Maybe you need a restrictor. Could be why it’s leaking.

7.5mm Bosch 044 fed pump 
Borgwarner S200 

Antonio
TA 0301

09-06-2019, 12:53 AM #3
Previous owner had no restrictor on it, i did put the matching restrictor but no help... I know thats the cause but what to do other than rebuild
Antonio
09-06-2019, 12:53 AM #3

Previous owner had no restrictor on it, i did put the matching restrictor but no help... I know thats the cause but what to do other than rebuild

Mallinman
GT2256V

09-07-2019, 02:31 AM #4
Have you tried to see what pressure ur actually getting out your turbo feed on high throttle.
Possibly a thicker oil??
How much is going into the exhaust??

7.5mm Bosch 044 fed pump 
Borgwarner S200 
Mallinman
09-07-2019, 02:31 AM #4

Have you tried to see what pressure ur actually getting out your turbo feed on high throttle.
Possibly a thicker oil??
How much is going into the exhaust??

7.5mm Bosch 044 fed pump 
Borgwarner S200 

Antonio
TA 0301

09-07-2019, 04:09 AM #5
I have driven it but slowly, went only to my friends garage to make an exhaust and didnt go higher than 2000rpm. Drove max 5 kilometers and the exhaust housing is really wet, it does leak
Antonio
09-07-2019, 04:09 AM #5

I have driven it but slowly, went only to my friends garage to make an exhaust and didnt go higher than 2000rpm. Drove max 5 kilometers and the exhaust housing is really wet, it does leak

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average