STD Tuning Engine OM648 injectors

OM648 injectors

OM648 injectors

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

markland556
Naturally-aspirated

07-09-2019, 07:56 PM #1
Ive got a project in the works right now. Going to be dropping an OM648 into an 06 E350 Wagon. The swap should go easily enough, I just need to get the engine sorted out first. The donor car is an 06 E320cdi with a Brabus engine cover, so im assuming someone had a tune flashed to it. I robbed the injectors out for another CDI i have and now im trying to figure out what to do with this engine. My plan is to have the tune pulled and flashed to the other car for some cheap horsepower.
As for this current car ive come across people mentioning using C30 injectors. Will these work without the use of an E400cdi High pressure pump? I have no problem buying the pump as well if needed, but the tuning will be a whole new thing to address.
Id really appreciate any insight into what the best option would be, the OM648 injectors are over $300 a piece. I figure if im going to spend some money, might as well get some more power out of it.
markland556
07-09-2019, 07:56 PM #1

Ive got a project in the works right now. Going to be dropping an OM648 into an 06 E350 Wagon. The swap should go easily enough, I just need to get the engine sorted out first. The donor car is an 06 E320cdi with a Brabus engine cover, so im assuming someone had a tune flashed to it. I robbed the injectors out for another CDI i have and now im trying to figure out what to do with this engine. My plan is to have the tune pulled and flashed to the other car for some cheap horsepower.
As for this current car ive come across people mentioning using C30 injectors. Will these work without the use of an E400cdi High pressure pump? I have no problem buying the pump as well if needed, but the tuning will be a whole new thing to address.
Id really appreciate any insight into what the best option would be, the OM648 injectors are over $300 a piece. I figure if im going to spend some money, might as well get some more power out of it.

atypicalguy
Holset

07-09-2019, 10:09 PM #2
Try the common rail diesel discussion thread.
atypicalguy
07-09-2019, 10:09 PM #2

Try the common rail diesel discussion thread.

barrote
Superturbo

07-10-2019, 02:19 AM #3
Hy,
CR system, controll is one thing and i don't mess with it.
The output is another story, there are 2 key parts in it, HP Pump and Nozzle.
Along the manufacturing years this CDI engines got diff pumps as u have CP1's and CP3's diff between one and the other is almost at arquitecture style for a same output pump... CC min @1000bar
Nozles are same , but they are rated for CC second @1000 bar
Then injector holders are of solenoid type... i guess u can't find much diferences there.
What u search is basic diesel tune , how many CC can u inject over time with this and that setting.
Anyway C30 injectors are about inject about 20% more, than a conventional A611 nozzle.
Pump's the one with more output is the CP3'110 found in C30 and OM 629.
The fins and suedes were working on injector nozzles of equivalence to 200cc and lower, last year . Try them around.
Regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-10-2019, 02:19 AM #3

Hy,
CR system, controll is one thing and i don't mess with it.
The output is another story, there are 2 key parts in it, HP Pump and Nozzle.
Along the manufacturing years this CDI engines got diff pumps as u have CP1's and CP3's diff between one and the other is almost at arquitecture style for a same output pump... CC min @1000bar
Nozles are same , but they are rated for CC second @1000 bar
Then injector holders are of solenoid type... i guess u can't find much diferences there.
What u search is basic diesel tune , how many CC can u inject over time with this and that setting.
Anyway C30 injectors are about inject about 20% more, than a conventional A611 nozzle.
Pump's the one with more output is the CP3'110 found in C30 and OM 629.
The fins and suedes were working on injector nozzles of equivalence to 200cc and lower, last year . Try them around.
Regards

FD,