STD Tuning Drivetrain 722.3 Vaccuum

722.3 Vaccuum

722.3 Vaccuum

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Victor.E
Unregistered

04-27-2019, 12:45 PM #1
Howdy!

Have anyone ever fabbed up an aftermarket vaccuum control system for the 722.3 autobox, or know what is needed for a stock system? I have one in my offroadproject that i lack the stock system that  mounts to the IP, and i need a solution for this, because as it is now without vaccuum wasn't very pleasant, high rpms to shift, and hard shifts...
Victor.E
04-27-2019, 12:45 PM #1

Howdy!

Have anyone ever fabbed up an aftermarket vaccuum control system for the 722.3 autobox, or know what is needed for a stock system? I have one in my offroadproject that i lack the stock system that  mounts to the IP, and i need a solution for this, because as it is now without vaccuum wasn't very pleasant, high rpms to shift, and hard shifts...

junkyarddawg
Naturally-aspirated

04-29-2019, 06:56 PM #2
(04-27-2019, 12:45 PM)Victor.E Howdy!

[Image: j9NXfkC.jpg]
This picture shows the system as it was installed on a 603 turbo in model 124...
You can probably get by with just the vacuum control valve that bolts on the IP number 65, the other hardware is primarily for smoother shifting with cold engine...
[Image: n9WiK4A.jpg]
The picture above is a (VCV) vacuum control valve, there are some other part numbers for it as well depending on what chassis it is in, eg. 140, 124, 210, etc...
The picture below shows some different types of VCV`s and a vacuum amplifier..
[Image: EOzbb5e.jpg]

I would start with a the following items listed in the top picture, 65, 61a, 72. Connect vacuum fittings and lines according to diagram and connect the sw/rt line from the VCV directly to the transmission modulator valve. This should get you to something drivable but other adjustments may be required to dial it in.
junkyarddawg
04-29-2019, 06:56 PM #2

(04-27-2019, 12:45 PM)Victor.E Howdy!

[Image: j9NXfkC.jpg]
This picture shows the system as it was installed on a 603 turbo in model 124...
You can probably get by with just the vacuum control valve that bolts on the IP number 65, the other hardware is primarily for smoother shifting with cold engine...
[Image: n9WiK4A.jpg]
The picture above is a (VCV) vacuum control valve, there are some other part numbers for it as well depending on what chassis it is in, eg. 140, 124, 210, etc...
The picture below shows some different types of VCV`s and a vacuum amplifier..
[Image: EOzbb5e.jpg]

I would start with a the following items listed in the top picture, 65, 61a, 72. Connect vacuum fittings and lines according to diagram and connect the sw/rt line from the VCV directly to the transmission modulator valve. This should get you to something drivable but other adjustments may be required to dial it in.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average