STD Tuning Engine OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber

OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber

OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

mmetzdavid
TA 0301

04-09-2019, 07:07 AM #1
Hello STD fans!
Question is: does someone know what sort of pressures do we have in our superturbodiesels when under boost?
Normally peak pressures do not rise above 200 bar, but I am trying to do a simulation on this type of engine/application and even at 1.5 bar of boost I have over 228 bar of peak pressure inside the combustion chamber and 3100 K, when normally diesel engines cannot go over 2400 K.
By rising the boost to 2.5 bar it would have a peak pressure of 326 bar in the combustion chamber, and I am pretty sure it is way too much.
Has someone know more info on this that could help me refine my model? One thing that I did not take into account is the overlap time between the exhaust valve being still open and the intake valve being already opened. Does this happen in our engines? Could not find the cam's lift in fuction of engine degrees. Any info greatly apreciated. Thanks!
mmetzdavid
04-09-2019, 07:07 AM #1

Hello STD fans!
Question is: does someone know what sort of pressures do we have in our superturbodiesels when under boost?
Normally peak pressures do not rise above 200 bar, but I am trying to do a simulation on this type of engine/application and even at 1.5 bar of boost I have over 228 bar of peak pressure inside the combustion chamber and 3100 K, when normally diesel engines cannot go over 2400 K.
By rising the boost to 2.5 bar it would have a peak pressure of 326 bar in the combustion chamber, and I am pretty sure it is way too much.
Has someone know more info on this that could help me refine my model? One thing that I did not take into account is the overlap time between the exhaust valve being still open and the intake valve being already opened. Does this happen in our engines? Could not find the cam's lift in fuction of engine degrees. Any info greatly apreciated. Thanks!

starynovy
Holset

04-10-2019, 09:13 AM #2
Hard to say but most modern common-rails with twice the output of stock 606 are designed to handle 200-250Bar tops. And I think there is more pressure in direct injected engine than this gradualy burning IDI.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex: 525tds 130kW, C250TD 160kW, E320CDI 200kW, ML400CDI 230kW, A6 R5TDI 130kW
Now: Q7 V8TDI 240kW, 320d 150kW, 335d 210kW
starynovy
04-10-2019, 09:13 AM #2

Hard to say but most modern common-rails with twice the output of stock 606 are designed to handle 200-250Bar tops. And I think there is more pressure in direct injected engine than this gradualy burning IDI.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex: 525tds 130kW, C250TD 160kW, E320CDI 200kW, ML400CDI 230kW, A6 R5TDI 130kW
Now: Q7 V8TDI 240kW, 320d 150kW, 335d 210kW

Turbo
Holset

04-11-2019, 11:42 AM #3
(04-09-2019, 07:07 AM)mmetzdavid Hello STD fans!

Do not forget that IDI leave heat under longer engine degrees as fare as I know, DI have injection in a very short time since optimum combustion shall happen i the bowl

BMW 550D G31 have originally 210 bars of combustion pressure compression ratio 16:1 and about 3 bars of boost, the highest I have seen on a diesel in a car and it does not use steel pistons, I ca not say what some truck can handle but I guess higher values bars are in reach. 
OM613 has 145 bars original and om648 155 bars
What you will find i trackorpulling and diesel dragster I can not say but I guess it is bigger
This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 11:54 AM by Turbo.
Turbo
04-11-2019, 11:42 AM #3

(04-09-2019, 07:07 AM)mmetzdavid Hello STD fans!

Do not forget that IDI leave heat under longer engine degrees as fare as I know, DI have injection in a very short time since optimum combustion shall happen i the bowl

BMW 550D G31 have originally 210 bars of combustion pressure compression ratio 16:1 and about 3 bars of boost, the highest I have seen on a diesel in a car and it does not use steel pistons, I ca not say what some truck can handle but I guess higher values bars are in reach. 
OM613 has 145 bars original and om648 155 bars
What you will find i trackorpulling and diesel dragster I can not say but I guess it is bigger

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average