STD Tuning Engine Manual Boost Controller (MBC)

Manual Boost Controller (MBC)

Manual Boost Controller (MBC)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TotalDiesel
Unregistered

11-07-2009, 05:55 PM #1
Been doin some researche on these small tunup devices. they seem to do the trick if properly installed and am thinkin about buying one. Most are over priced but I found a good one on a manufacturar site. Has anyone here had any experience using one of these? Do these actually fool the turbo into creating more boost? Whats the max boost the stock turbo on an OM603 can handle/produce? If I do this will it be risky to push the limits of the turbine wheel?

http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/product....bestseller

Thanks,

Jon
TotalDiesel
11-07-2009, 05:55 PM #1

Been doin some researche on these small tunup devices. they seem to do the trick if properly installed and am thinkin about buying one. Most are over priced but I found a good one on a manufacturar site. Has anyone here had any experience using one of these? Do these actually fool the turbo into creating more boost? Whats the max boost the stock turbo on an OM603 can handle/produce? If I do this will it be risky to push the limits of the turbine wheel?

http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/product....bestseller

Thanks,

Jon

awsrock
300SDL / HX30 / 90cc

11-07-2009, 08:11 PM #2
I just recently put one on my 603 (with the Garrett T3).

It doesn't make too much of a difference..for around town driving, I might have picked up an extra 1 psi or boost in the lower rpm range, and it does seem to get to max boost a bit quicker. I dunno, it's fun to play around with, but I don't know if it is really worth the money if your wastegate is working ok in the first place and making the right amount of boost.

The factory boost for the 603 is something like 13-14psi. There is no benefit of going any higher than that because that is enough for the stock fuel settings.
awsrock
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM #2

I just recently put one on my 603 (with the Garrett T3).

It doesn't make too much of a difference..for around town driving, I might have picked up an extra 1 psi or boost in the lower rpm range, and it does seem to get to max boost a bit quicker. I dunno, it's fun to play around with, but I don't know if it is really worth the money if your wastegate is working ok in the first place and making the right amount of boost.

The factory boost for the 603 is something like 13-14psi. There is no benefit of going any higher than that because that is enough for the stock fuel settings.

winmutt
bitbanger

11-09-2009, 02:41 PM #3
The difference it that the WG flap is not opening early as it does with the stop controller.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM #3

The difference it that the WG flap is not opening early as it does with the stop controller.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average