STD Tuning Engine Turbo help

Turbo help

Turbo help

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

wiseman89
K26-2

02-07-2019, 10:58 PM #1
Hi everyone,

I havent been updating my project thread but my om606 build is slowly coming along. F-tune rods, f-tune valve springs, 8mm myna pump, 722.626 trans with a modified high stall converter, holley fuel pump, is some of the items the motor will be running

I have a nonwastegated manifold being made and Im looking for turbo advice.

My goal is to have a 500whp car. When I look at someone like dieselpumpuk's videos, im seeing how hes hitting 400bhp with turbos like the hx40 or s200. Then a s300 turbo hitting 600whp.

Is there a turbo combo that will hit the middle of the road 500whp that will lag alot ?

Also since I have a nonwastegated manifold, should I get a wastedgated turbo ?

Thanks
wiseman89
02-07-2019, 10:58 PM #1

Hi everyone,

I havent been updating my project thread but my om606 build is slowly coming along. F-tune rods, f-tune valve springs, 8mm myna pump, 722.626 trans with a modified high stall converter, holley fuel pump, is some of the items the motor will be running

My goal is to have a 500whp car. When I look at someone like dieselpumpuk's videos, im seeing how hes hitting 400bhp with turbos like the hx40 or s200. Then a s300 turbo hitting 600whp.

Is there a turbo combo that will hit the middle of the road 500whp that will lag alot ?

Thanks

barrote
Superturbo

02-08-2019, 05:59 AM #2
Well. 500hp in a 606 ... depend a lot on the dyno.
With a s200sxe u can get there.
But with a single turbo it will always be litle dificult. Best for diesels is the sequential set up ...
But its all as u want your car to drive...
Maybe if u aim a litle lower hp and a litle higher tq it may drive better.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-08-2019, 05:59 AM #2

Well. 500hp in a 606 ... depend a lot on the dyno.
With a s200sxe u can get there.
But with a single turbo it will always be litle dificult. Best for diesels is the sequential set up ...
But its all as u want your car to drive...
Maybe if u aim a litle lower hp and a litle higher tq it may drive better.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

atypicalguy
Holset

02-08-2019, 12:28 PM #3
(02-07-2019, 10:58 PM)wiseman89 Hi everyone,

Thanks

The only dyno numbers you can trust, in an absolute sense, are engine dyno numbers. All these chassis dyno numbers employ so many correction factors and assumptions that people can pretty much claim whatever they want in terms of hp. The exception would be where a car is tested and then the motor is modified and then it is tested again on the same dyno with the same settings. Then you can get a trend, but it still depends upon ambient temp and humidity on the two test days being similar, etc.

The higher your HP goal, the more lag you will have in a single turbo setup. It is pretty much that simple. You can get high HP burning very rich AFR with a lot of smoke and downsize the turbo a bit. But that is pretty crude.

As far as I can tell, erx000 setup with edc pump, a vnt small turbo and an hx50-frame large turbo with two 60mm bypass gates and a Baldur and/or olefejer controller is the way to go for driveability and high max power. Otherwise you are trading driveability for max power. Designing for intended use of the car, rather than an arbitrary hp number, is important to your eventual satisfaction level. If you need 6000rpm to get the 500hp, perhaps you should ask yourself how much time you plan to spend at 6000 rpm, and how much smoke you want to make while you are there (or at any point on the journey to 6000, really).

Cool project. Post some pics!
atypicalguy
02-08-2019, 12:28 PM #3

(02-07-2019, 10:58 PM)wiseman89 Hi everyone,

Thanks

The only dyno numbers you can trust, in an absolute sense, are engine dyno numbers. All these chassis dyno numbers employ so many correction factors and assumptions that people can pretty much claim whatever they want in terms of hp. The exception would be where a car is tested and then the motor is modified and then it is tested again on the same dyno with the same settings. Then you can get a trend, but it still depends upon ambient temp and humidity on the two test days being similar, etc.

The higher your HP goal, the more lag you will have in a single turbo setup. It is pretty much that simple. You can get high HP burning very rich AFR with a lot of smoke and downsize the turbo a bit. But that is pretty crude.

As far as I can tell, erx000 setup with edc pump, a vnt small turbo and an hx50-frame large turbo with two 60mm bypass gates and a Baldur and/or olefejer controller is the way to go for driveability and high max power. Otherwise you are trading driveability for max power. Designing for intended use of the car, rather than an arbitrary hp number, is important to your eventual satisfaction level. If you need 6000rpm to get the 500hp, perhaps you should ask yourself how much time you plan to spend at 6000 rpm, and how much smoke you want to make while you are there (or at any point on the journey to 6000, really).

Cool project. Post some pics!

wiseman89
K26-2

02-08-2019, 02:34 PM #4
For some reason this topic has lots of smoke in mirrors.

My motor is modified so if I want to rev to 6k I can. I have a 8mm fuel pump, and as erx000 has said, an 8mm pump is beyond what you need. So I wont have a fuel problem especially with electric pumps keeping the line pressures up. With a 4" exhaust flow and a bigger intake manifold flow will not be an issue.

Im trying to find that middle spot between the hx40 and the hx52/s300 turbos.

Do hx40's have lots of lag to? Will a hx40 super put out a bit more power ? or do I get a s362sxe turbo with a .83ar or smaller ?

Im just trying to find the middle spot and it seems most people will put on a small turbo for that get up and go, or a massive turbo to try and spin the earth.

Sorry I will post pics, ive taken abunch just havent put them up.
wiseman89
02-08-2019, 02:34 PM #4

For some reason this topic has lots of smoke in mirrors.

My motor is modified so if I want to rev to 6k I can. I have a 8mm fuel pump, and as erx000 has said, an 8mm pump is beyond what you need. So I wont have a fuel problem especially with electric pumps keeping the line pressures up. With a 4" exhaust flow and a bigger intake manifold flow will not be an issue.

Im trying to find that middle spot between the hx40 and the hx52/s300 turbos.

Do hx40's have lots of lag to? Will a hx40 super put out a bit more power ? or do I get a s362sxe turbo with a .83ar or smaller ?

Im just trying to find the middle spot and it seems most people will put on a small turbo for that get up and go, or a massive turbo to try and spin the earth.

Sorry I will post pics, ive taken abunch just havent put them up.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average