STD Other Projects Evry mod W202. A few question for cheap tuning...

Evry mod W202. A few question for cheap tuning...

Evry mod W202. A few question for cheap tuning...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BeginnerC250Tur
Naturally-aspirated

07-02-2023, 11:00 AM #1
Hello,

My name is Hans, I am from germany and i am riding an old W202 C250 turbodiesel and its burning black diesel. (Sorry for the bad english)
Because of the lack of power with my special fuel, i made the evry mod with a variable resistor.
It is equipped with the 4 speed automatic gearbox, thats why i don't need to much power. But the black smoke is not very nice.
My question is this:

Can i cheat the map sensor to avoide problems if i install the turbo from a OM606? 
At the moment the car drives like an accordion or like pulled on the rubber band... Because the charge pressure fluctuates.
I think about the turbo from OM 606 and convers it to pressure control, if this is possible.
Or do you think the OM 605 turbo is big enough for the automatic transmission?

I am thankful for your answers, and I know, Evry mod is not the best solution, but i don't need more then 200hp... (maybe 250?   Big Grin    )

Best regards, Hans
BeginnerC250Tur
07-02-2023, 11:00 AM #1

Hello,

My name is Hans, I am from germany and i am riding an old W202 C250 turbodiesel and its burning black diesel. (Sorry for the bad english)
Because of the lack of power with my special fuel, i made the evry mod with a variable resistor.
It is equipped with the 4 speed automatic gearbox, thats why i don't need to much power. But the black smoke is not very nice.
My question is this:

Can i cheat the map sensor to avoide problems if i install the turbo from a OM606? 
At the moment the car drives like an accordion or like pulled on the rubber band... Because the charge pressure fluctuates.
I think about the turbo from OM 606 and convers it to pressure control, if this is possible.

I am thankful for your answers, and I know, Evry mod is not the best solution, but i don't need more then 200hp... (maybe 250?   Big Grin    )

Best regards, Hans

Niko
K26-2

07-03-2023, 05:30 AM #2
Might want to check this out https://youtu.be/mkjYVfxJK9s?t=197 .
They just put a T in the line with a small hole on the end . But in their case this is necessary to lower fueling, but you should be in a similar situation with the resistor mod .
At any rate its a cheap thing to try before going to a different map sensor .
F-tune has a couple of videos on his channel regarding turbos, and suggested some for your power goal .
Niko
07-03-2023, 05:30 AM #2

Might want to check this out https://youtu.be/mkjYVfxJK9s?t=197 .
They just put a T in the line with a small hole on the end . But in their case this is necessary to lower fueling, but you should be in a similar situation with the resistor mod .
At any rate its a cheap thing to try before going to a different map sensor .
F-tune has a couple of videos on his channel regarding turbos, and suggested some for your power goal .

dieseltorque
K26-2

07-03-2023, 08:30 AM #3
(07-02-2023, 11:00 AM)BeginnerC250Tur Hello,

My question is this:

Best regards, Hans
Hi
Yes, it will work with om606 turbo & pressure actuator
1bar would be safe for that and will give you ~ 200 hp
More than that isn't worth to do that, as you will see hot air in inlet manifold and stock exaust manifold back pressure will rise together with EGT
Vacuum solenoid leave connected to wiring and out vac blind.
Switch for resistor needed to turn out evry mode before turn off engine as well
Best could be end switch when you press accelirator down activate evry mode
Otherwise you get raised idle
dieseltorque
07-03-2023, 08:30 AM #3

(07-02-2023, 11:00 AM)BeginnerC250Tur Hello,

My question is this:

Best regards, Hans
Hi
Yes, it will work with om606 turbo & pressure actuator
1bar would be safe for that and will give you ~ 200 hp
More than that isn't worth to do that, as you will see hot air in inlet manifold and stock exaust manifold back pressure will rise together with EGT
Vacuum solenoid leave connected to wiring and out vac blind.
Switch for resistor needed to turn out evry mode before turn off engine as well
Best could be end switch when you press accelirator down activate evry mode
Otherwise you get raised idle

BeginnerC250Tur
Naturally-aspirated

07-03-2023, 01:17 PM #4
Thank you all for the replies...
BeginnerC250Tur
07-03-2023, 01:17 PM #4

Thank you all for the replies...

BeginnerC250Tur
Naturally-aspirated

07-04-2023, 12:22 PM #5
The idea with the switch on the gas pedal is excellent. I build it in series with the main switch for the emissions test
every 2 years, or if my wife is driving...

Can anyone recommend a turbo conversion kit to pressure control for OM 606turbo? 
And maybe someone knows a inexpensive
map sensor that manipulates the values?
Best regards,
Hans
BeginnerC250Tur
07-04-2023, 12:22 PM #5

The idea with the switch on the gas pedal is excellent. I build it in series with the main switch for the emissions test
every 2 years, or if my wife is driving...

Can anyone recommend a turbo conversion kit to pressure control for OM 606turbo? 
And maybe someone knows a inexpensive
map sensor that manipulates the values?
Best regards,
Hans

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average