STD Other Projects W124 Om606 STD AWD Daily Driver Project

W124 Om606 STD AWD Daily Driver Project

W124 Om606 STD AWD Daily Driver Project

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

KeinAnderer
Unregistered

08-25-2018, 10:01 AM #1
I want a great and manual Daily Driver (which I can get registered in germany) without much reliability issues and AWD. I want to use the 4matic transfer case and some om603 bits for the AWD part and probably a hx30 for the turbo part. For transmissions, I think it will be either the 716.6 or the ZF5 transmission. I also have clutches and other bits already in my mind, but if anyone knows better ways or has better ideas, you can post them here. I also want to point out that i want a manual car with AWD, which means that I cant really use the standard 4matic automatic transmission. If you also know better and more reliable turbo options, you can post them here, too.
KeinAnderer
08-25-2018, 10:01 AM #1

I want a great and manual Daily Driver (which I can get registered in germany) without much reliability issues and AWD. I want to use the 4matic transfer case and some om603 bits for the AWD part and probably a hx30 for the turbo part. For transmissions, I think it will be either the 716.6 or the ZF5 transmission. I also have clutches and other bits already in my mind, but if anyone knows better ways or has better ideas, you can post them here. I also want to point out that i want a manual car with AWD, which means that I cant really use the standard 4matic automatic transmission. If you also know better and more reliable turbo options, you can post them here, too.

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

10-31-2018, 12:23 PM #2
(08-25-2018, 10:01 AM)KeinAnderer I want a great and manual Daily Driver (which I can get registered in germany) without much reliability issues and AWD. I want to use the 4matic transfer case and some om603 bits for the AWD part and probably a hx30 for the turbo part. For transmissions, I think it will be either the 722.6 or the ZF5 transmission. I also have clutches and other bits already in my mind, but if anyone knows better ways or has better ideas, you can post them here. I also want to point out that i want a manual car with AWD, which means that I cant really use the standard 4matic automatic transmission. If you also know better and more reliable turbo options, you can post them here, too.

Late reply, but I don't get on these forums too much these days.

I plan on similar setup (eventually), but I am going to use a GS6-53DZ manual from a BMW diesel and use their transfer case (center diff) to run driveshaft to front (as seen here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transfer-Case-F...2310443464).  This transfer case has correct driver side drop front shaft and looks like it should bolt up to GS6 transmission, but I have not yet bought one to verify.

I had a forum member (FRAS) cut the front bell housing off the GS6 trans and weld M-B OM60x housing on and make a custom flywheel for better clutch options.  My setup will likely be full manual control of AWD solenoids and only engaged when roads are icy or otherwise slick.

722.6 is an automatic transmission (5 speed with overdrive).

What chassis are you going to use?  I have all parts to convert my S124 to AWD, but I think now I am going to buy another car that already has proper AWD motor mounts and K member and swap over all diesel stuff.  Not sure yet.

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
10-31-2018, 12:23 PM #2

(08-25-2018, 10:01 AM)KeinAnderer I want a great and manual Daily Driver (which I can get registered in germany) without much reliability issues and AWD. I want to use the 4matic transfer case and some om603 bits for the AWD part and probably a hx30 for the turbo part. For transmissions, I think it will be either the 722.6 or the ZF5 transmission. I also have clutches and other bits already in my mind, but if anyone knows better ways or has better ideas, you can post them here. I also want to point out that i want a manual car with AWD, which means that I cant really use the standard 4matic automatic transmission. If you also know better and more reliable turbo options, you can post them here, too.

Late reply, but I don't get on these forums too much these days.

I plan on similar setup (eventually), but I am going to use a GS6-53DZ manual from a BMW diesel and use their transfer case (center diff) to run driveshaft to front (as seen here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transfer-Case-F...2310443464).  This transfer case has correct driver side drop front shaft and looks like it should bolt up to GS6 transmission, but I have not yet bought one to verify.

I had a forum member (FRAS) cut the front bell housing off the GS6 trans and weld M-B OM60x housing on and make a custom flywheel for better clutch options.  My setup will likely be full manual control of AWD solenoids and only engaged when roads are icy or otherwise slick.

722.6 is an automatic transmission (5 speed with overdrive).

What chassis are you going to use?  I have all parts to convert my S124 to AWD, but I think now I am going to buy another car that already has proper AWD motor mounts and K member and swap over all diesel stuff.  Not sure yet.

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average