STD Tuning Engine EDC decisions

EDC decisions

EDC decisions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

olddairy
Naturally-aspirated

07-10-2018, 08:07 AM #1
I first of all i am a long time reader and have got lots of advise and information from well informed posts.
But now i am stuck and looking for advice.

I have searched through posts to find definitive answers to my following questions but cannot find the answers , I hope with such a great community you all will be able to help

I have a 2000 Unimog with a blown OM602 2.9 DI running bosch VE-EDC and have a complete C250td which i want to fit the OM605. The mechanical side is easy but these are my questions.

1 Can i run the OM605 on the bosch EDC rotary pump , i have read threads about using VW VE pumps but they are IDI , are the issues running a DI pump on IDI injectors, do the injectors have to have the opening pressures changed and the injection time altered?

2 Will the Bosch VE EDC electronics run the EDC inline pump the pin outs form the ecus are the same but the inline pump requires less connections?

Thats it for now

David
olddairy
07-10-2018, 08:07 AM #1

I first of all i am a long time reader and have got lots of advise and information from well informed posts.
But now i am stuck and looking for advice.

I have searched through posts to find definitive answers to my following questions but cannot find the answers , I hope with such a great community you all will be able to help

I have a 2000 Unimog with a blown OM602 2.9 DI running bosch VE-EDC and have a complete C250td which i want to fit the OM605. The mechanical side is easy but these are my questions.

1 Can i run the OM605 on the bosch EDC rotary pump , i have read threads about using VW VE pumps but they are IDI , are the issues running a DI pump on IDI injectors, do the injectors have to have the opening pressures changed and the injection time altered?

2 Will the Bosch VE EDC electronics run the EDC inline pump the pin outs form the ecus are the same but the inline pump requires less connections?

Thats it for now

David

barrote
Superturbo

07-10-2018, 11:32 PM #2
Hy david,
Both your questions have yes and no aswears.
The VE EDC u have in the engine 602.98X can run the 605 engine as long u have all features working in the chassis, like ECU, needle sensor , rpm crank position etc.
Regarding the injectors, the speed and quality of fuel delivery is regulated by the CAM PLATE , and this cam plate is not same for IDI engine, but it would be worst the other way round, then the timming advance is diff but engine will work.

Despite it can do it, i guess it will be a mess trying to do it.

The VE ECU and software can not run a M EDC pump. And it can if u rewrite it with M EDC program. Again despite it can i guess it would be a mess trying to!!! Expecially when u can run any of those engines with a mechanichal M pump or VE.

Hope u have some light.
Regards

FD,