STD Tuning Engine Om606 angle of engine.

Om606 angle of engine.

Om606 angle of engine.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mr.Emo
Nissan Patrol -> 606 conversion.

06-15-2018, 01:21 PM #1
Hello. 

I'm putting a om606 in a nissan patrol and I'm having some clearance issues in the engine bay in reference to the frame. 

So I'm wondering if there is any specific angle the engine should be installed. (Tilted backwards)  

I've got a rear sump installed so the pump is picking up oil from the rear.  

Does anyone know? Or can I tilt it as much as I can? Or should I look at the angles of the drive shafts? 

Thanks!
Mr.Emo
06-15-2018, 01:21 PM #1

Hello. 

I'm putting a om606 in a nissan patrol and I'm having some clearance issues in the engine bay in reference to the frame. 

So I'm wondering if there is any specific angle the engine should be installed. (Tilted backwards)  

I've got a rear sump installed so the pump is picking up oil from the rear.  

Does anyone know? Or can I tilt it as much as I can? Or should I look at the angles of the drive shafts? 

Thanks!

AlanMcR
mind - blown

06-15-2018, 05:18 PM #2
Side-to-side the engine is normally tilted. It isn't much, and the angle can be figured out from the flat surface of the oil pan.

Front-to-back the engine is normally tilted back, maybe 5 degrees. The G300 (OM606 in an MB W463) is specified to work at 100% grade up and down, so 45 degrees of tilt. It seems unlikely that you need to tilt the engine anything close to that to get it to fit. The head has oil drains between every pair of cylinders and at the back, so I don't think there is an issue with oil pooling.
AlanMcR
06-15-2018, 05:18 PM #2

Side-to-side the engine is normally tilted. It isn't much, and the angle can be figured out from the flat surface of the oil pan.

Front-to-back the engine is normally tilted back, maybe 5 degrees. The G300 (OM606 in an MB W463) is specified to work at 100% grade up and down, so 45 degrees of tilt. It seems unlikely that you need to tilt the engine anything close to that to get it to fit. The head has oil drains between every pair of cylinders and at the back, so I don't think there is an issue with oil pooling.

zeeman
Holset

06-17-2018, 10:27 AM #3
(06-15-2018, 05:18 PM)AlanMcR Side-to-side the engine is normally tilted.  It isn't much, and the angle can be figured out from the flat surface of the oil pan.

Front-to-back the engine is normally tilted back, maybe 5 degrees.  The G300 (OM606 in an MB W463) is specified to work at 100% grade up and down, so 45 degrees of tilt.  It seems unlikely that you need to tilt the engine anything close to that to get it to fit.  The head has oil drains between every pair of cylinders and at the back, so I don't think there is an issue with oil pooling.

Tilt of the engine side to side is 15 degrees. Front to back try to keep it as level as possible, go by the angle of the plastic valve cover.
zeeman
06-17-2018, 10:27 AM #3

(06-15-2018, 05:18 PM)AlanMcR Side-to-side the engine is normally tilted.  It isn't much, and the angle can be figured out from the flat surface of the oil pan.

Front-to-back the engine is normally tilted back, maybe 5 degrees.  The G300 (OM606 in an MB W463) is specified to work at 100% grade up and down, so 45 degrees of tilt.  It seems unlikely that you need to tilt the engine anything close to that to get it to fit.  The head has oil drains between every pair of cylinders and at the back, so I don't think there is an issue with oil pooling.

Tilt of the engine side to side is 15 degrees. Front to back try to keep it as level as possible, go by the angle of the plastic valve cover.

Mr.Emo
Nissan Patrol -> 606 conversion.

06-17-2018, 10:57 PM #4
Cant really do much with the engine side to side when it's mounted to the adapter plate and gearbox? If so that's only small amounts. Have to trust the designer of the adapter plate that he has done it right I suppose.
Mr.Emo
06-17-2018, 10:57 PM #4

Cant really do much with the engine side to side when it's mounted to the adapter plate and gearbox? If so that's only small amounts. Have to trust the designer of the adapter plate that he has done it right I suppose.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average