More power for my OM612

More power for my OM612

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eugene
Naturally-aspirated

05-30-2018, 10:32 AM #1
Hello!
I'm from Belarus, Minsk.
 I need to modify my OM612 for a power of 250-270 h.p., maybe more power?
At the moment the engine lacks EGR and vortex dampers. 
There is a turbine GT2359. An exhaust pipe of 76 mm is also available. Аny changes needed beside setting the ECU?

Now the power of my OM612 is about 210 h.p. thanks to the tuning.
How will improvements be related to the engine resource? Will it be smaller comparing to the factory engine?
Eugene
05-30-2018, 10:32 AM #1

Hello!
I'm from Belarus, Minsk.
 I need to modify my OM612 for a power of 250-270 h.p., maybe more power?
At the moment the engine lacks EGR and vortex dampers. 
There is a turbine GT2359. An exhaust pipe of 76 mm is also available. Аny changes needed beside setting the ECU?

Now the power of my OM612 is about 210 h.p. thanks to the tuning.
How will improvements be related to the engine resource? Will it be smaller comparing to the factory engine?

barrote
Superturbo

05-31-2018, 04:08 AM #2
Hy there,
Like any other engine u have to set up hardware so it can be possible to tune ECU afterwards.
As of my knowledge goes, one important point is to prepare injection system to be able to inject enough fuel for your goals.
Oil coolers , air coolers , filters , EGR delete, intercooler etc is also a must. Stock engine should be able to 220hp...
I too have a 612. Intend to mod injection system to be able to inject around 150mml.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
05-31-2018, 04:08 AM #2

Hy there,
Like any other engine u have to set up hardware so it can be possible to tune ECU afterwards.
As of my knowledge goes, one important point is to prepare injection system to be able to inject enough fuel for your goals.
Oil coolers , air coolers , filters , EGR delete, intercooler etc is also a must. Stock engine should be able to 220hp...
I too have a 612. Intend to mod injection system to be able to inject around 150mml.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Eugene
Naturally-aspirated

06-01-2018, 04:44 AM #3
On my OM 612 EGR delete already. ECU adjust no problem. I interesting: what details will I still need to increase the power to 250-300 hp?
Now I have a 76 mm exhaust and GT2359.
And how this will affect the resource of the engine?
Eugene
06-01-2018, 04:44 AM #3

On my OM 612 EGR delete already. ECU adjust no problem. I interesting: what details will I still need to increase the power to 250-300 hp?
Now I have a 76 mm exhaust and GT2359.
And how this will affect the resource of the engine?

barrote
Superturbo

06-01-2018, 09:10 AM #4
Well , u got to increase fueling some how!!!
That is what will bring all the rest.
After u have fueling u can ask turbo to go up... monitor EGP and so on...
What u should be aware is that in the CR engine there are some particulars regarding SOI, and EOI and injection duration , this is the limitation of your system, pump and injectors.
Same happens for the boost request, and EGP, u should also do not forguet that EGR ingestion is not so bad, and sometimes the system may suffer from turbine choke if requested to produce too much boost...
In my engine i intend to swap to cp3 pump and gt2361, AMG injectors and a external WG before starting to tune ECU.
Regards.

FD,