STD Tuning Engine 85 Kali 300D

85 Kali 300D

85 Kali 300D

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bicisportivo
Unregistered

11-03-2009, 11:43 PM #1
This may be the wrong place, I have a California 300td turbo. how can i modify it yo go faster? or should i sell it and start over w/ non Cal car?

I love the car!
Thanks!

FI edit: moved to the right place
This post was last modified: 11-03-2009, 11:49 PM by ForcedInduction.
bicisportivo
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM #1

This may be the wrong place, I have a California 300td turbo. how can i modify it yo go faster? or should i sell it and start over w/ non Cal car?

I love the car!
Thanks!

FI edit: moved to the right place

ForcedInduction
Banned

11-04-2009, 12:18 AM #2
I'd start with getting rid of the TrapOx/OxCat. There are plenty of federal cars in the junkyards and converting it shouldn't be any higher than $200.

Intake, exhaust manifolds
Exhaust down pipe
Oil supply tube and upper drain tube
Air filter assembly
Either: Entire turbocharger or federal (non-arv equipped) compressor housing

If you can clock your turbo's housings and it hasn't been damaged by the trapox, it can be resued in the federal setup.

At that point you'll have a federal engine but its a lot of work just to get up to par with a stock 300D.

Then if you want more power you'll have to worry about the weak 722.4 transmission. Its already slightly overloaded in the stock configuration, it won't handle much more.

If you aren't particularly attached to that car, it would be far easier to find a good 82-84 or 85 federal 300D/CD/TD/SD to start with.
This post was last modified: 11-04-2009, 12:19 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
11-04-2009, 12:18 AM #2

I'd start with getting rid of the TrapOx/OxCat. There are plenty of federal cars in the junkyards and converting it shouldn't be any higher than $200.

Intake, exhaust manifolds
Exhaust down pipe
Air filter assembly

If you can clock your turbo's housings and it hasn't been damaged by the trapox, it can be resued in the federal setup.

At that point you'll have a federal engine but its a lot of work just to get up to par with a stock 300D.

Then if you want more power you'll have to worry about the weak 722.4 transmission. Its already slightly overloaded in the stock configuration, it won't handle much more.

If you aren't particularly attached to that car, it would be far easier to find a good 82-84 or 85 federal 300D/CD/TD/SD to start with.

Syncro_G
0-60 in 29 sec

11-04-2009, 12:06 PM #3
(11-04-2009, 12:18 AM)ForcedInduction Intake, exhaust manifolds
Exhaust down pipe
Air filter assembly

I converted mine and just used
federal intake manifold
fedral exhaust manifold
federal support bracket.
federal oil train tube
the rest from the TD was reused.
the Calif turbo was really clean so it clocked easily but if the casing is seized up, you might have to find a different turbo.

I had a 5/16" pipe bender on hand and was able to re-bend the existing oil line to fit the new location.

as for 722.4 tranny, I'm going to start out with that but I have some backup trannys for when/if it fails.

-------------
'84 G-Wagen turbodiesel
'75 240D 4-Speed

Syncro_G
11-04-2009, 12:06 PM #3

(11-04-2009, 12:18 AM)ForcedInduction Intake, exhaust manifolds
Exhaust down pipe
Air filter assembly

I converted mine and just used
federal intake manifold
fedral exhaust manifold
federal support bracket.
federal oil train tube
the rest from the TD was reused.
the Calif turbo was really clean so it clocked easily but if the casing is seized up, you might have to find a different turbo.

I had a 5/16" pipe bender on hand and was able to re-bend the existing oil line to fit the new location.

as for 722.4 tranny, I'm going to start out with that but I have some backup trannys for when/if it fails.

-------------
'84 G-Wagen turbodiesel
'75 240D 4-Speed

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average