STD Tuning Engine timing chain guide removal om617

timing chain guide removal om617

timing chain guide removal om617

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MTUPower
looking for more power on a daily driver

05-08-2018, 09:04 PM #1
So I'm removing the head from the block in my garage.  The head is off but the timing chain guide is stopping the complete removal.  How does one remove the guide?  I see it's a threaded insert and I used a matching bolt with a washer in the attempt to pull it out.  Do I need a special tool such as this?

https://www.amazon.com/EWK-Mercedes-Engi...B00I38SQYI

please advise. thank you!

2005 CDI heavily modified 1984 300TD - Myna pump/TMIC/enlarged PC's/HX30Super/W126 II front brakes/Vogtland springs/EGT +Boost gauges/H4 Hella's
MTUPower
05-08-2018, 09:04 PM #1

So I'm removing the head from the block in my garage.  The head is off but the timing chain guide is stopping the complete removal.  How does one remove the guide?  I see it's a threaded insert and I used a matching bolt with a washer in the attempt to pull it out.  Do I need a special tool such as this?

https://www.amazon.com/EWK-Mercedes-Engi...B00I38SQYI

please advise. thank you!

2005 CDI heavily modified 1984 300TD - Myna pump/TMIC/enlarged PC's/HX30Super/W126 II front brakes/Vogtland springs/EGT +Boost gauges/H4 Hella's

MTUPower
looking for more power on a daily driver

05-09-2018, 04:35 AM #2
Well I broke a small bolt off inside the pin- but I have left handed bits and a extractor. Didn't need the extractor- just a punch and the bit plus a needlenose pliers. I used some acetone /ATF mix over the area and the pin just started to spin. Ugh. I tried a different nut/washer set up and a pry bar with success. The head is off!

MTUPower
05-09-2018, 04:35 AM #2

Well I broke a small bolt off inside the pin- but I have left handed bits and a extractor. Didn't need the extractor- just a punch and the bit plus a needlenose pliers. I used some acetone /ATF mix over the area and the pin just started to spin. Ugh. I tried a different nut/washer set up and a pry bar with success. The head is off!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average