STD Tuning Drivetrain Tons of updates for the TCM-2800.

Tons of updates for the TCM-2800.

Tons of updates for the TCM-2800.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

whipplem104
Holset

12-09-2017, 06:05 PM #1
So. We have been busy recently. And will have most if not all of the changes done to the tcm. If you do not know we already offer the most sophisticated tuning platform for the 722.6/NAG1 on the market. It is a multistage shift strategy based on input torque and requested shift time. All of it is controlled in close loop ration control. So each stage is controlled by the point in the shift the transmission is in. We have manual mode, automatic mode, two calibratios stored on the tcu for switch on the fly. Separate upshift, downshift, and garage shift tables for tuning. Winter mode. Many more. We have paddle shifters  and you can wire almost anything yourself if you want to control shifts. Any digital sequence. We also have full CAN integration into the factory cars. Post 2000ish. This also gives us the ability to use some factory modules outside their home environment for swaps. 
So. Big differences in the newest firmware is going to be temp comp. for fluid temp. We are amperage based so that takes care of solenoid temp and voltage. But clutch capacity changes based on fluid temp separately. Also we have added a bunch of new strategies for keeping the transmission in the correct sequence. It should be nearly impossible to loose sync. Also we are adding adaptations. Probably a dozen things that I am not listing here. 
Big new feature is trans brake control with BUMP. So stagging is made super easy. This is perfect to go with the transbrake valve body. 
Tuning is already light years more advanced that the tcm-2000. So we are in some ways better than factory now. More features and more tuning for sure. I think in a factory environment we might be as good. Of course with tq management. 

I also offer 2 stages in performance valve bodies if anyone needs one. I offer one for factory tcu cars that you do not have tuning access to and it provides 50% more shift pressure. It is linear and across the board. The other is a 100% more pressure and working pressure. It requires heavy tuning or if bought with a tcm-2800 I can provide base tunes for that valve body. We run stock v8 transmissions in upwards of 8-900 hp similar tq with no tq management. That is pushing the envelope for the 3-4 shift. I will be coming out with a drag race only valve body that will hopefully eliminate the need for tq management on the 3-4 shift no matter how much power you push through it..
This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 06:13 PM by whipplem104.
whipplem104
12-09-2017, 06:05 PM #1

So. We have been busy recently. And will have most if not all of the changes done to the tcm. If you do not know we already offer the most sophisticated tuning platform for the 722.6/NAG1 on the market. It is a multistage shift strategy based on input torque and requested shift time. All of it is controlled in close loop ration control. So each stage is controlled by the point in the shift the transmission is in. We have manual mode, automatic mode, two calibratios stored on the tcu for switch on the fly. Separate upshift, downshift, and garage shift tables for tuning. Winter mode. Many more. We have paddle shifters  and you can wire almost anything yourself if you want to control shifts. Any digital sequence. We also have full CAN integration into the factory cars. Post 2000ish. This also gives us the ability to use some factory modules outside their home environment for swaps. 
So. Big differences in the newest firmware is going to be temp comp. for fluid temp. We are amperage based so that takes care of solenoid temp and voltage. But clutch capacity changes based on fluid temp separately. Also we have added a bunch of new strategies for keeping the transmission in the correct sequence. It should be nearly impossible to loose sync. Also we are adding adaptations. Probably a dozen things that I am not listing here. 
Big new feature is trans brake control with BUMP. So stagging is made super easy. This is perfect to go with the transbrake valve body. 
Tuning is already light years more advanced that the tcm-2000. So we are in some ways better than factory now. More features and more tuning for sure. I think in a factory environment we might be as good. Of course with tq management. 

I also offer 2 stages in performance valve bodies if anyone needs one. I offer one for factory tcu cars that you do not have tuning access to and it provides 50% more shift pressure. It is linear and across the board. The other is a 100% more pressure and working pressure. It requires heavy tuning or if bought with a tcm-2800 I can provide base tunes for that valve body. We run stock v8 transmissions in upwards of 8-900 hp similar tq with no tq management. That is pushing the envelope for the 3-4 shift. I will be coming out with a drag race only valve body that will hopefully eliminate the need for tq management on the 3-4 shift no matter how much power you push through it..

whipplem104
Holset

05-17-2018, 02:33 PM #2
Just wanted to add that I added the abiltity to replace the EGS51 tcus in early cars. So we should now be able to work in all factory equipped 722.6 cars.
whipplem104
05-17-2018, 02:33 PM #2

Just wanted to add that I added the abiltity to replace the EGS51 tcus in early cars. So we should now be able to work in all factory equipped 722.6 cars.

atypicalguy
Holset

05-18-2018, 09:00 PM #3
Tempting, but it seems it might require some mechanical genius to tune the thing. Can it work reasonably well out of the box?
atypicalguy
05-18-2018, 09:00 PM #3

Tempting, but it seems it might require some mechanical genius to tune the thing. Can it work reasonably well out of the box?

whipplem104
Holset

05-18-2018, 09:40 PM #4
It can work well depending on how close the tunes I have apply to the car. I can make them shift hard and work fine but if it has a good solid box and the correct info is being fed they are pretty daily driver right out of the box. I actually just took my standard tune for my Hemi swap customers and stuck it in a stock 2003 sl500 a week ago and you could totally daily drive that car right away. There were things I would change but it worked just fine. Most of the shifts were smooth and nice but the shift points were a bit off.
It really just depends on the car and the setup and transmission as to how much has to be done.
whipplem104
05-18-2018, 09:40 PM #4

It can work well depending on how close the tunes I have apply to the car. I can make them shift hard and work fine but if it has a good solid box and the correct info is being fed they are pretty daily driver right out of the box. I actually just took my standard tune for my Hemi swap customers and stuck it in a stock 2003 sl500 a week ago and you could totally daily drive that car right away. There were things I would change but it worked just fine. Most of the shifts were smooth and nice but the shift points were a bit off.
It really just depends on the car and the setup and transmission as to how much has to be done.

atypicalguy
Holset

05-21-2018, 07:11 PM #5
(05-18-2018, 09:40 PM)whipplem104 It can work well depending on how close the tunes I have apply to the car. I can make them shift hard and work fine but if it has a good solid box and the correct info is being fed they are pretty daily driver right out of the box. I actually just took my standard tune for my Hemi swap customers and stuck it in a stock 2003 sl500 a week ago and you could totally daily drive that car right away. There were things I would change but it worked just fine. Most of the shifts were smooth and nice but the shift points were a bit off.

Can you make it disappear or does it require some sort of screen to be visible? And can it manage VNT turbos?
atypicalguy
05-21-2018, 07:11 PM #5

(05-18-2018, 09:40 PM)whipplem104 It can work well depending on how close the tunes I have apply to the car. I can make them shift hard and work fine but if it has a good solid box and the correct info is being fed they are pretty daily driver right out of the box. I actually just took my standard tune for my Hemi swap customers and stuck it in a stock 2003 sl500 a week ago and you could totally daily drive that car right away. There were things I would change but it worked just fine. Most of the shifts were smooth and nice but the shift points were a bit off.

Can you make it disappear or does it require some sort of screen to be visible? And can it manage VNT turbos?

whipplem104
Holset

05-21-2018, 10:32 PM #6
It does not require any screen. You tune from a laptop and when you are done you unplug it and go on with your life.
I do not know if it would run a VNT turbo. It has pwm and digital outputs so if the turbo will run from a strategy like that then I guess you could. There are no 3d maps for this type of thing but you could use two pwm outputs and run them both for two different values.
whipplem104
05-21-2018, 10:32 PM #6

It does not require any screen. You tune from a laptop and when you are done you unplug it and go on with your life.
I do not know if it would run a VNT turbo. It has pwm and digital outputs so if the turbo will run from a strategy like that then I guess you could. There are no 3d maps for this type of thing but you could use two pwm outputs and run them both for two different values.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average