STD Other Non MBZ Diesel First post, introduction, and injector questions.

First post, introduction, and injector questions.

First post, introduction, and injector questions.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

biggriz86
Naturally-aspirated

08-07-2008, 02:14 AM #1
Hello all, First off, this forum is amazing. Ive been a member of forums for years, even moderated some, and have never seen a group that was so open and quick to try out new mods and report results, that kind of first hand experimental knowledge is incredibly hard to find, and for that i salute you all. Ive begun researching the old mercedes diesels and watching the ads where i live to get an idea about pricing and condition, and yall are a huge source of information for me. I am hoping to locate a turbodiesel coupe, convert it to run on WVO, and do some mild performance upgrades, i dont need 400hp, but 200hp on grease would be pretty cool to me Wink

I have to admit im a recent convert to the joys of diesel power, that conversion being entirely attributable to my 1989 M1009 Blazer with the N/A 6.2L diesel. Despite a 5200lbs curb weight, the aerodynamics of a brick, no overdrive, 33in tires and 3.08 gears, it still gets 23mpg on the highway.

In looking through your forum you guys have inspired me to ignore conventional wisdom that the 6.2L diesel is a hopeless cause from a performance standpoint, and start thinking a little outside the box. to that end, ive begun researching everything i can about the stanadyne pump, to see if i can relate some of yalls tuning ideas to it (yes i realize its a completely different pump), and have begun to think about injector related issues.

Of keen interest to me was the mods yall do with injectors, selecting nozzles, and the VW AAZ two stage injector upgrade, that seems to improve idle, throttle response, and fuel mileage. I was wondering if anyone could post the thread sizes on the two parts of the injector housings, so i could see if they are compatable with my injectors (longggggg shot im sure), or if some sort of adapter could be machined for the purpose.

thanks for any and all info and suggestions, and glad to be around, i just hope ill have some sort of helpful info for you guys at some point.
biggriz86
08-07-2008, 02:14 AM #1

Hello all, First off, this forum is amazing. Ive been a member of forums for years, even moderated some, and have never seen a group that was so open and quick to try out new mods and report results, that kind of first hand experimental knowledge is incredibly hard to find, and for that i salute you all. Ive begun researching the old mercedes diesels and watching the ads where i live to get an idea about pricing and condition, and yall are a huge source of information for me. I am hoping to locate a turbodiesel coupe, convert it to run on WVO, and do some mild performance upgrades, i dont need 400hp, but 200hp on grease would be pretty cool to me Wink

I have to admit im a recent convert to the joys of diesel power, that conversion being entirely attributable to my 1989 M1009 Blazer with the N/A 6.2L diesel. Despite a 5200lbs curb weight, the aerodynamics of a brick, no overdrive, 33in tires and 3.08 gears, it still gets 23mpg on the highway.

In looking through your forum you guys have inspired me to ignore conventional wisdom that the 6.2L diesel is a hopeless cause from a performance standpoint, and start thinking a little outside the box. to that end, ive begun researching everything i can about the stanadyne pump, to see if i can relate some of yalls tuning ideas to it (yes i realize its a completely different pump), and have begun to think about injector related issues.

Of keen interest to me was the mods yall do with injectors, selecting nozzles, and the VW AAZ two stage injector upgrade, that seems to improve idle, throttle response, and fuel mileage. I was wondering if anyone could post the thread sizes on the two parts of the injector housings, so i could see if they are compatable with my injectors (longggggg shot im sure), or if some sort of adapter could be machined for the purpose.

thanks for any and all info and suggestions, and glad to be around, i just hope ill have some sort of helpful info for you guys at some point.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average