STD Maintenance General Can't find properly sized W116 inner uca bushings

Can't find properly sized W116 inner uca bushings

Can't find properly sized W116 inner uca bushings

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Freakshow
K26-2

02-24-2018, 11:24 AM #1
So I keep trying to find replacement upper inner control arm bushings for my 1980 w116 300sd. I ordered four uro brand bushings(before seeing all the negative reviews) and when they arrived, they were way smaller than the Oem ones I removed. The uca to sway bar bushings I received were also different than the oems but they at least seemed to fit somewhat properly.  So I put the car back together with all the original bushings and double checked all my part numbers and verified I had received the correctly numbered items. 

At this point I chalked it up to bad uro qc that I've recently seen so much of and proceeded to order some Mercedes Oem upper inner ca bushings. They arrived yesterday and they're too small too. 

I just wiped a bunch of grease off the uca and couldn't find any part numbers. I did find Hamburg technic printed on it in tiny ink. So now I basically think I'm destined to buy a whole uca new unless someone knows where to source some larger bushings. 

Alternately, anyone selling ucas for a good price? 

Are w126 ucas interchangeable with w116 ucas? The corresponding w126 bushing looks much more like the ones removed from my car. 

If any has leads on getting just the bushings, I'd really appreciate it. I just put a lot of money into this thing and bought a truck, so money is an object for the time being.
This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 11:31 AM by Freakshow.
Freakshow
02-24-2018, 11:24 AM #1

So I keep trying to find replacement upper inner control arm bushings for my 1980 w116 300sd. I ordered four uro brand bushings(before seeing all the negative reviews) and when they arrived, they were way smaller than the Oem ones I removed. The uca to sway bar bushings I received were also different than the oems but they at least seemed to fit somewhat properly.  So I put the car back together with all the original bushings and double checked all my part numbers and verified I had received the correctly numbered items. 

At this point I chalked it up to bad uro qc that I've recently seen so much of and proceeded to order some Mercedes Oem upper inner ca bushings. They arrived yesterday and they're too small too. 

I just wiped a bunch of grease off the uca and couldn't find any part numbers. I did find Hamburg technic printed on it in tiny ink. So now I basically think I'm destined to buy a whole uca new unless someone knows where to source some larger bushings. 

Alternately, anyone selling ucas for a good price? 

Are w126 ucas interchangeable with w116 ucas? The corresponding w126 bushing looks much more like the ones removed from my car. 

If any has leads on getting just the bushings, I'd really appreciate it. I just put a lot of money into this thing and bought a truck, so money is an object for the time being.

Freakshow
K26-2

02-24-2018, 11:57 AM #2
Just went down and inspected the uca and bushings some more, and I'm even more convinced my car somehow had w126 ucas installed. They look pretty much identical to w116 ucas afai can tell, with the exception of a different inner bushing design and what looks to be a larger bushing diameter. Gonna try to find some w126 bushings to install and for comparison. Will keep you guys updated with any findings.
Freakshow
02-24-2018, 11:57 AM #2

Just went down and inspected the uca and bushings some more, and I'm even more convinced my car somehow had w126 ucas installed. They look pretty much identical to w116 ucas afai can tell, with the exception of a different inner bushing design and what looks to be a larger bushing diameter. Gonna try to find some w126 bushings to install and for comparison. Will keep you guys updated with any findings.

Freakshow
K26-2

03-11-2018, 09:36 AM #3
Got some uca bushings from an r107/w114/115/126 and they were even smaller than the 116 ones I first received. On the plus side, I shimmed the uca bushings with a washer sandwiched between them. Seemed to stiffen them up pretty well...for now.

I can get cheap whole ucas for like $30ish each. Probably just gonna do that since I'm tired of dropping $30 on bushings that don't fit.
Freakshow
03-11-2018, 09:36 AM #3

Got some uca bushings from an r107/w114/115/126 and they were even smaller than the 116 ones I first received. On the plus side, I shimmed the uca bushings with a washer sandwiched between them. Seemed to stiffen them up pretty well...for now.

I can get cheap whole ucas for like $30ish each. Probably just gonna do that since I'm tired of dropping $30 on bushings that don't fit.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average