STD Other Projects OM605 into landrover defender

OM605 into landrover defender

OM605 into landrover defender

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

01-30-2018, 05:48 PM #1
I Hello all 
I brought a landrover trayback project a few months ago so I can get back into off roading again.  
It was a bare chassis and frame work perfect to build it the way I wanted. 
Didn’t want a landrover engine so i looked around at different options then worked out the cheapest option would be Mercedes, as this project was meant to be done cheap I went with a OM605 as the diner car was a good price and a good runner but with short mot. 
Anyway it’s mated to landrover auto box with a gazfab adapter kit, I was going to go mechanical pump but saw baldur did a ecu so I decided to go this way. 
Got the ecu and eventually did a quick connect up to get the engine started and see how it ran before I ran and terminate the connectors properly. 
Here’s a quick video

I didn’t have it running for long as I didn’t have no water in it nor have I got a exhaust on. 
That’s it for now it runs so I’m happy
This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 05:53 PM by Antonytriolo.
Antonytriolo
01-30-2018, 05:48 PM #1

I Hello all 
I brought a landrover trayback project a few months ago so I can get back into off roading again.  
Didn’t want a landrover engine so i looked around at different options then worked out the cheapest option would be Mercedes, as this project was meant to be done cheap I went with a OM605 as the diner car was a good price and a good runner but with short mot. 
Anyway it’s mated to landrover auto box with a gazfab adapter kit, I was going to go mechanical pump but saw baldur did a ecu so I decided to go this way. 
Got the ecu and eventually did a quick connect up to get the engine started and see how it ran before I ran and terminate the connectors properly. 
Here’s a quick video

I didn’t have it running for long as I didn’t have no water in it nor have I got a exhaust on. 

gn3dr
Naturally-aspirated

02-11-2018, 03:15 PM #2
(01-30-2018, 05:48 PM)Antonytriolo I Hello all 
Here’s a quick video

Nice. Thought about something similar for a Range Rover Classic. Went off to Google the adapter plate you mentioned. Not cheap for a manual version!
gn3dr
02-11-2018, 03:15 PM #2

(01-30-2018, 05:48 PM)Antonytriolo I Hello all 
Here’s a quick video

Nice. Thought about something similar for a Range Rover Classic. Went off to Google the adapter plate you mentioned. Not cheap for a manual version!

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

02-13-2018, 11:56 AM #3
thanks
who was the kit made by for the manual version?
Antonytriolo
02-13-2018, 11:56 AM #3

thanks
who was the kit made by for the manual version?

gn3dr
Naturally-aspirated

02-13-2018, 06:05 PM #4
Same brand - gazfab Google brought me to dieselpumpuk where I saw the price for the manual kit. Just checking again now though I see that it is for the BMW ZF manual box.
gn3dr
02-13-2018, 06:05 PM #4

Same brand - gazfab Google brought me to dieselpumpuk where I saw the price for the manual kit. Just checking again now though I see that it is for the BMW ZF manual box.

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

02-14-2018, 01:13 PM #5
are you on the Facebook page mercrover theres a bloke on there that does some too
Antonytriolo
02-14-2018, 01:13 PM #5

are you on the Facebook page mercrover theres a bloke on there that does some too

gn3dr
Naturally-aspirated

02-14-2018, 02:08 PM #6
(02-14-2018, 01:13 PM)Antonytriolo are you on the Facebook page mercrover theres a bloke on there that does some too

Thanks. Not on facebook no but I'll check it out.
gn3dr
02-14-2018, 02:08 PM #6

(02-14-2018, 01:13 PM)Antonytriolo are you on the Facebook page mercrover theres a bloke on there that does some too

Thanks. Not on facebook no but I'll check it out.

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

02-18-2018, 02:39 PM #7
That be the best place to look
Antonytriolo
02-18-2018, 02:39 PM #7

That be the best place to look

gn3dr
Naturally-aspirated

02-19-2018, 03:44 PM #8
here it is. https://www.dieselpumpuk.com/shop/conver...nsmission/

I knew I saw the kit on dieselpump uk somewhere - it just seems to be hiding in a different section
gn3dr
02-19-2018, 03:44 PM #8

here it is. https://www.dieselpumpuk.com/shop/conver...nsmission/

I knew I saw the kit on dieselpump uk somewhere - it just seems to be hiding in a different section

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

02-25-2018, 12:15 PM #9
That's them.
Antonytriolo
02-25-2018, 12:15 PM #9

That's them.

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

04-08-2018, 02:47 PM #10
Been a bit slow the last few weeks with trying to get wiring done and then speaking with baldur so I can use the landrover fly by wire pedal instead of the Mercedes one and then had to do parent duty for a whole week and weekend so that meant no garage time and then being on my own at work so longer hours and just wasn’t in the mood ect ect
But
This weekend I have put on the radiator and a few bits of pipe filled in t with water and topped up a few other fluids and had the engine running for about half hour and up to temperature for the thermostat to open and circulate the water system.
Well the landrover has a working heater so that’s a result lol and I also drove off t backwards and forwards all of about 3 feet lol.
Will get pics and a video up shortly
Antonytriolo
04-08-2018, 02:47 PM #10

Been a bit slow the last few weeks with trying to get wiring done and then speaking with baldur so I can use the landrover fly by wire pedal instead of the Mercedes one and then had to do parent duty for a whole week and weekend so that meant no garage time and then being on my own at work so longer hours and just wasn’t in the mood ect ect
But
This weekend I have put on the radiator and a few bits of pipe filled in t with water and topped up a few other fluids and had the engine running for about half hour and up to temperature for the thermostat to open and circulate the water system.
Well the landrover has a working heater so that’s a result lol and I also drove off t backwards and forwards all of about 3 feet lol.
Will get pics and a video up shortly

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

04-08-2018, 03:45 PM #11

A video to show the landrover pedal being used on baldur’s DSL1 

Got the engine up to running temperature to check the thermostat opens and the water system is circulating. 
Sounds like there’s a chuffing noise and a bit of air in the fuel system
Antonytriolo
04-08-2018, 03:45 PM #11

A video to show the landrover pedal being used on baldur’s DSL1 

Got the engine up to running temperature to check the thermostat opens and the water system is circulating. 
Sounds like there’s a chuffing noise and a bit of air in the fuel system

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average