STD Tuning Engine OM617 swap-keep stock electric fuel pump?

OM617 swap-keep stock electric fuel pump?

OM617 swap-keep stock electric fuel pump?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gregman_1
Naturally-aspirated

11-15-2017, 10:16 PM #1
I am about 60% of the way through putting my OM617 into my 1990 Jeep Wrangler.  I am working on the fuel system and I have seen some varying opinions.  The stock fuel system has a low pressure (15 psi or so) electric pump in the tank.  Should I eliminate the pump and replace with fuel line, or should I leave the pump and let it "assist" the lift pump?
gregman_1
11-15-2017, 10:16 PM #1

I am about 60% of the way through putting my OM617 into my 1990 Jeep Wrangler.  I am working on the fuel system and I have seen some varying opinions.  The stock fuel system has a low pressure (15 psi or so) electric pump in the tank.  Should I eliminate the pump and replace with fuel line, or should I leave the pump and let it "assist" the lift pump?

barrote
Superturbo

11-16-2017, 04:50 AM #2
I would leave as is... except if u have issues for pump control or overpress... 1 bar or 14psi will only help your lift pump.
Lift pump is fitted with oneway valves that alow gravity feeding in some aplications. A electric boost pump is something that many people do after, and a must if later on a super pump is to be used.
Good luck

FD,