STD Other Projects W202 OM 605 superturbo project

W202 OM 605 superturbo project

W202 OM 605 superturbo project

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ecto
Naturally-aspirated

11-14-2017, 04:26 PM #1
Hey guys.
I'm Ecto from germany and i'm planing to modify a C 250 TD with an OM605.962. Actually i'm looking for a good car to start this project.
My goal is getting 370-420 hp from the OM605. I have listed my plans below, hope you guys got some recommendations for me. 

I'm planing to do following things:

1. Build an 7,5mm pump by dieselmeken. Would you suggest me using 7,5mm or 8mm elements? I'm planing to control the injection pump by the ecu.

2. For the turbocharger i planned to use a HX35. Would you guys suggest HX35 or HX40? And what size can you recommend (entry size like 12cm², number of blades, ....)?

3. Getting a 716.6xx gearbox. Therefore i've to check what has to be done to fit it on the car. There are many different comments about this but it's kinda confusing. Clutch etc. i've to do more research.

4. I want to run the engine with the DSL1 controller from the user Baldur. Is it possible to tune the car nearly smoke free and without big surging issues?

5. I've done quite a bit of research and came to realization that a lot of projects with big turbochargers (high boost and flow) use too small or faulty manifold geometries causing low power output and high EGT's. I want to build my manifold and the full exhaust system. Planing straight pipe just with silencer. 
Is it bad to use a twin scrol entry on the turbocharger if my engine has an uneven number of cylinders?

Should i be able to reach the desired HP with this setup? I hope you guys got some informations for me. 
I've never realized a project like this but i've some clue in mechanics and programming so i think this should be possible to realize.

If i have found the right car i will keep you guys updated.
Ecto
11-14-2017, 04:26 PM #1

Hey guys.
I'm Ecto from germany and i'm planing to modify a C 250 TD with an OM605.962. Actually i'm looking for a good car to start this project.
My goal is getting 370-420 hp from the OM605. I have listed my plans below, hope you guys got some recommendations for me. 

I'm planing to do following things:

1. Build an 7,5mm pump by dieselmeken. Would you suggest me using 7,5mm or 8mm elements? I'm planing to control the injection pump by the ecu.

2. For the turbocharger i planned to use a HX35. Would you guys suggest HX35 or HX40? And what size can you recommend (entry size like 12cm², number of blades, ....)?

3. Getting a 716.6xx gearbox. Therefore i've to check what has to be done to fit it on the car. There are many different comments about this but it's kinda confusing. Clutch etc. i've to do more research.

4. I want to run the engine with the DSL1 controller from the user Baldur. Is it possible to tune the car nearly smoke free and without big surging issues?

5. I've done quite a bit of research and came to realization that a lot of projects with big turbochargers (high boost and flow) use too small or faulty manifold geometries causing low power output and high EGT's. I want to build my manifold and the full exhaust system. Planing straight pipe just with silencer. 
Is it bad to use a twin scrol entry on the turbocharger if my engine has an uneven number of cylinders?

Should i be able to reach the desired HP with this setup? I hope you guys got some informations for me. 
I've never realized a project like this but i've some clue in mechanics and programming so i think this should be possible to realize.

If i have found the right car i will keep you guys updated.

STDGer
TA 0301

11-15-2017, 02:27 PM #2
Hi mate, greetings from germany.

My old std had the following setting:

w202 om605 with 7,5mm mechanical dieselmeken pump
elbe twinscroll exhaust manifold
3 inch exhaust with 2 silencer
mb 204 220cdi 716.657 gearbox (strongest from mb)
om606 intake
30x40 ic with 2,5" piping
holset he351w ( very nice in daily drive)
c36amg diff
valeo sprinter kit with 5 pins for rpm pickup

how old is ur car? if its can bus controlled it might be kinda difficult

wir würden uns freuen dich in unserer deutschen whatsapp gruppe zu sehen

Maurice

ex 04. 1997 w202 om605 sedan ,Dieselmeken 7.5mm, 3" exhaust, he351w, 716.657 ca 350+ hp

actual 08. 1997 w202 om605 station wagon, oem edc pump, modded exhaust manifold, t04e turbo, oem pipe 1 silencer wannabe as much as possible
STDGer
11-15-2017, 02:27 PM #2

Hi mate, greetings from germany.

My old std had the following setting:

w202 om605 with 7,5mm mechanical dieselmeken pump
elbe twinscroll exhaust manifold
3 inch exhaust with 2 silencer
mb 204 220cdi 716.657 gearbox (strongest from mb)
om606 intake
30x40 ic with 2,5" piping
holset he351w ( very nice in daily drive)
c36amg diff
valeo sprinter kit with 5 pins for rpm pickup

how old is ur car? if its can bus controlled it might be kinda difficult

wir würden uns freuen dich in unserer deutschen whatsapp gruppe zu sehen

Maurice

ex 04. 1997 w202 om605 sedan ,Dieselmeken 7.5mm, 3" exhaust, he351w, 716.657 ca 350+ hp

actual 08. 1997 w202 om605 station wagon, oem edc pump, modded exhaust manifold, t04e turbo, oem pipe 1 silencer wannabe as much as possible

Ecto
Naturally-aspirated

11-15-2017, 02:35 PM #3
Hi,

first off all thanks for your reply.
Your setup sounds pretty similar to that what i have planned to do.

Actually i don't have a car. I'm watching for a good example with good substance.

Das Angebot nehme ich gerne an, du kannst mir ja deine Nummer per PM senden, dann schreibe ich dich mal an.

Greets
Ecto
Ecto
11-15-2017, 02:35 PM #3

Hi,

first off all thanks for your reply.
Your setup sounds pretty similar to that what i have planned to do.

Actually i don't have a car. I'm watching for a good example with good substance.

Das Angebot nehme ich gerne an, du kannst mir ja deine Nummer per PM senden, dann schreibe ich dich mal an.

Greets
Ecto

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average