STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides 1983 Mercedes 300SD TurboDiesel $1500

1983 Mercedes 300SD TurboDiesel $1500

1983 Mercedes 300SD TurboDiesel $1500

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TotalDiesel
Unregistered

10-27-2009, 07:27 PM #1
Hey I have had this car posted on craigslist for a while now and havent had too much luck in my area so I thought I would throw the link on here to see if any members are interested. Here it is:

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1424047521.html

Thanks for looking, I am flexible on the price.

Jon
TotalDiesel
10-27-2009, 07:27 PM #1

Hey I have had this car posted on craigslist for a while now and havent had too much luck in my area so I thought I would throw the link on here to see if any members are interested. Here it is:

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1424047521.html

Thanks for looking, I am flexible on the price.

Jon

ForcedInduction
Banned

10-27-2009, 07:32 PM #2
You would have a little better luck after getting rid of that hot air intake, or at least moving it away from the exhaust.
ForcedInduction
10-27-2009, 07:32 PM #2

You would have a little better luck after getting rid of that hot air intake, or at least moving it away from the exhaust.

TotalDiesel
Unregistered

10-27-2009, 08:49 PM #3
Just to inform you that it doesnt matter if it is a hot or cold air intake but The fact that I felt a dramatic Increase in Turbo Spool which made a huge difference in power. And if you had observed the picture you would notice that that intake is not make of the best quality material because it is simply an experiment. The stock intake and all parts come with the car. No need to bash the car dude. and I doubt the intake is the main reason the car hasnt sold yet.
TotalDiesel
10-27-2009, 08:49 PM #3

Just to inform you that it doesnt matter if it is a hot or cold air intake but The fact that I felt a dramatic Increase in Turbo Spool which made a huge difference in power. And if you had observed the picture you would notice that that intake is not make of the best quality material because it is simply an experiment. The stock intake and all parts come with the car. No need to bash the car dude. and I doubt the intake is the main reason the car hasnt sold yet.

ForcedInduction
Banned

10-28-2009, 12:14 AM #4
(10-27-2009, 08:49 PM)TotalDiesel Just to inform you that it doesnt matter if it is a hot or cold air intake
It does actually, especially with a filter that small.

Quote:The fact that I felt a dramatic Increase in Turbo Spool which made a huge difference in power.
Noise. There is no way changing the air filter design can change power since power is controlled by fuel. The stock filter can flow 450cfm, 150cfm more than the engine consumes at 4500rpm maximum power, so it is not a restriction.

Quote:No need to bash the car dude.
Not bashing, I was giving helpful advice.

Quote:and I doubt the intake is the main reason the car hasnt sold yet.
Modifications, especially home built ones, are a major turnoff to most people. When I was looking for a second car, I turned away from 3 cars because the owners had done things like a "cold" air intake or WVO. If the owner is willing to do that, what else might they have done to the car?
This post was last modified: 10-28-2009, 12:17 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
10-28-2009, 12:14 AM #4

(10-27-2009, 08:49 PM)TotalDiesel Just to inform you that it doesnt matter if it is a hot or cold air intake
It does actually, especially with a filter that small.

Quote:The fact that I felt a dramatic Increase in Turbo Spool which made a huge difference in power.
Noise. There is no way changing the air filter design can change power since power is controlled by fuel. The stock filter can flow 450cfm, 150cfm more than the engine consumes at 4500rpm maximum power, so it is not a restriction.

Quote:No need to bash the car dude.
Not bashing, I was giving helpful advice.

Quote:and I doubt the intake is the main reason the car hasnt sold yet.
Modifications, especially home built ones, are a major turnoff to most people. When I was looking for a second car, I turned away from 3 cars because the owners had done things like a "cold" air intake or WVO. If the owner is willing to do that, what else might they have done to the car?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average