STD Tuning Engine Om648 injector question

Om648 injector question

Om648 injector question

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

llopness
K26-2

10-21-2017, 06:23 AM #1
I pulled an injector on my E320 CDI by removing the solenoid and threading on a slide hammer.  I also broke the injector hold down bolt.  So I sent it to my machinist running on 5 cylinders, with the pulled injector on top of the engine attached to keep diesel in the fuel rail.  
My machinist helicoiled it and reinstalled my injector.  Cars been driven some 30 miles as such.  
What should I look out for with having taken my injector apart?  
Is the general worry just losing the teensy tiny check ball?  
Or are there secret procedures for reassembling an injector that would be beyond intuitive?
llopness
10-21-2017, 06:23 AM #1

I pulled an injector on my E320 CDI by removing the solenoid and threading on a slide hammer.  I also broke the injector hold down bolt.  So I sent it to my machinist running on 5 cylinders, with the pulled injector on top of the engine attached to keep diesel in the fuel rail.  
My machinist helicoiled it and reinstalled my injector.  Cars been driven some 30 miles as such.  
What should I look out for with having taken my injector apart?  
Is the general worry just losing the teensy tiny check ball?  
Or are there secret procedures for reassembling an injector that would be beyond intuitive?

barrote
Superturbo

10-21-2017, 08:08 AM #2
The problem is well beon that... usually when one dissasembles more than one injector is a problem.
Those injectors need to spray in a correct patern with the right amount of fuel... they should not leak nothing by the tip, otherwise your engine beside smoking may be in danger , i mean real danger of piston seizure or even piston melting event.
The best thing is to send the injector to specialized shop, if u find it too expensive or anything else, have one from junk yard.
Those injectors are a way diff from IDI or low press DI.
Needle height need to be gaged, coil operation too, for that shimms are used. Then return fuel need to be checked, then injection quantity by milisecond pulse, spray patern and leaktightness of the tip.
This is very dificult to do without the correct tester, even if u know the numbers.
Wich u luck

FD,