STD Tuning Engine Yet another OM617 ALDA thread

Yet another OM617 ALDA thread

Yet another OM617 ALDA thread

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gregman_1
Naturally-aspirated

09-26-2017, 08:21 PM #1
My ALDA is broken.  It looks like someone tried to adjust it and the screw came out (it's gone), and the motor is very sluggish off the line.  I understand that if the screw comes all the way out the ALDA is toast.  Couple that with the fact that half the vacuum lines are disconnected and I'm not sure it's worth my trouble to get another ALDA and get all the vacuum junk sorted (the motor is coming out and going in a Jeep so I don't need all the other vacuum stuff like HVAC etc).  Should I chuck the ALDA and tune around it?  Am I overthinking it and I should get a used ALDA, put it in and sort the vacuum mess?  If I remove the ALDA, do I need to plug the nut on top of the IP or can I just leave it open?  If I need a plug, where do I get those?  Thanks in advance, you guys have been awesome in the amount of info y'all have for these motors.
gregman_1
09-26-2017, 08:21 PM #1

My ALDA is broken.  It looks like someone tried to adjust it and the screw came out (it's gone), and the motor is very sluggish off the line.  I understand that if the screw comes all the way out the ALDA is toast.  Couple that with the fact that half the vacuum lines are disconnected and I'm not sure it's worth my trouble to get another ALDA and get all the vacuum junk sorted (the motor is coming out and going in a Jeep so I don't need all the other vacuum stuff like HVAC etc).  Should I chuck the ALDA and tune around it?  Am I overthinking it and I should get a used ALDA, put it in and sort the vacuum mess?  If I remove the ALDA, do I need to plug the nut on top of the IP or can I just leave it open?  If I need a plug, where do I get those?  Thanks in advance, you guys have been awesome in the amount of info y'all have for these motors.

barrote
Superturbo

09-27-2017, 01:46 AM #2
Remove it and u can leave it open, most probably will bleed oil out. Or leave it in place ... if u unscrew the bolt out is not doing nothing... like

FD,