STD Tuning Engine OM606 Coolant circuit

OM606 Coolant circuit

OM606 Coolant circuit

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

JCGrimes
Naturally-aspirated

09-14-2017, 10:58 AM #1
I am pulling my hair out trying to confirm the coolant routing for an OM606 Turbo installed in a G Wagen.  The EPC site shows a schematic which doesn't help.  Specifically:

1) The coolant flows from a port in the head behind the oil filter to a diverter which flows either: directly to the U-shaped line attached to the water pump housing, or through the cabin heater then the water pump housing, correct?

2) There is a threaded port in the block right next to the oil feed line for the turbo.  I believe this is for a valve used for draining the coolant, correct?

2) The coolant expansion tank connects from two lines: The top line goes to the small connection on the top of the radiator for overflow.  Where does the lower line (fill) connect to the cooling system?

Sorry if this has already been covered, I have looked!

Thanks again,
John
JCGrimes
09-14-2017, 10:58 AM #1

I am pulling my hair out trying to confirm the coolant routing for an OM606 Turbo installed in a G Wagen.  The EPC site shows a schematic which doesn't help.  Specifically:

1) The coolant flows from a port in the head behind the oil filter to a diverter which flows either: directly to the U-shaped line attached to the water pump housing, or through the cabin heater then the water pump housing, correct?

2) There is a threaded port in the block right next to the oil feed line for the turbo.  I believe this is for a valve used for draining the coolant, correct?

2) The coolant expansion tank connects from two lines: The top line goes to the small connection on the top of the radiator for overflow.  Where does the lower line (fill) connect to the cooling system?

Sorry if this has already been covered, I have looked!

Thanks again,
John

AlanMcR
mind - blown

09-15-2017, 12:49 AM #2
Does this help?
[Image: 30361768oo.jpg]
AlanMcR
09-15-2017, 12:49 AM #2

Does this help?
[Image: 30361768oo.jpg]

JCGrimes
Naturally-aspirated

09-15-2017, 09:48 AM #3
Thanks again Alan, this is exactly what I need. What is this from? I can't find it in the EPC?
JCGrimes
09-15-2017, 09:48 AM #3

Thanks again Alan, this is exactly what I need. What is this from? I can't find it in the EPC?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average