STD Tuning Engine what kind of EMAP sensor to use?

what kind of EMAP sensor to use?

what kind of EMAP sensor to use?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

addi.bigg
OM605; 7,5mm elements

08-28-2017, 02:18 AM #1
On the original exhaust manifold of the OM605, I would plug the EGR hole with the following part:
[Image: BRDOBONDGh11juIDIlKBcGrHcJlFGsP0cUMCKW2t...06-h371-no][Image: lk6d3zo-vZ1R-Kf3ovM9OUL3Ns5QYHP-23Tz2hnC...47-h358-no]
I would like to have an EMAP sensor in the middle of that, so I could measure the pressure. 

What would be your recommendation, what EMAP gauge would be good for that? What is the connection thread dimension of the gauge?
Is there any that also can function as EGT, so I could measure that too?
addi.bigg
08-28-2017, 02:18 AM #1

On the original exhaust manifold of the OM605, I would plug the EGR hole with the following part:
[Image: BRDOBONDGh11juIDIlKBcGrHcJlFGsP0cUMCKW2t...06-h371-no][Image: lk6d3zo-vZ1R-Kf3ovM9OUL3Ns5QYHP-23Tz2hnC...47-h358-no]
I would like to have an EMAP sensor in the middle of that, so I could measure the pressure. 

What would be your recommendation, what EMAP gauge would be good for that? What is the connection thread dimension of the gauge?
Is there any that also can function as EGT, so I could measure that too?

baldur
Fast

08-28-2017, 07:50 AM #2
Any pressure sensor will work, get one rated for at least double the boost pressure you intend to run. You will need to mount it remotely and connect it to the manifold via a length of stainless tubing to isolate it from the exhaust heat, 30cm or so should do it.
There are pressure sensors available that can mount directly on the exhaust manifold but they are water cooled, cost a thousand euros and are easily clogged by the soot.
Of course an exhaust temperature probe needs to be mounted in the manifold and the tip should extend into the flow of exhaust gas.

If you are looking for a gauge that can display both, SPA design sells combination EGT/pressure gauges which are pretty nice:
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport...dual-gauge

Baldur Gislason

baldur
08-28-2017, 07:50 AM #2

Any pressure sensor will work, get one rated for at least double the boost pressure you intend to run. You will need to mount it remotely and connect it to the manifold via a length of stainless tubing to isolate it from the exhaust heat, 30cm or so should do it.
There are pressure sensors available that can mount directly on the exhaust manifold but they are water cooled, cost a thousand euros and are easily clogged by the soot.
Of course an exhaust temperature probe needs to be mounted in the manifold and the tip should extend into the flow of exhaust gas.

If you are looking for a gauge that can display both, SPA design sells combination EGT/pressure gauges which are pretty nice:

Baldur Gislason

addi.bigg
OM605; 7,5mm elements

08-28-2017, 09:01 AM #3
(08-28-2017, 07:50 AM)baldur Any pressure sensor will work, get one rated for at least double the boost pressure you intend to run. You will need to mount it remotely and connect it to the manifold via a length of stainless tubing to isolate it from the exhaust heat, 30cm or so should do it.

Thanks!
I wanted to ask sensor not gauge, so is there any sensors that can measure EGT and EMAP also? Both through one hole in this plug above.
addi.bigg
08-28-2017, 09:01 AM #3

(08-28-2017, 07:50 AM)baldur Any pressure sensor will work, get one rated for at least double the boost pressure you intend to run. You will need to mount it remotely and connect it to the manifold via a length of stainless tubing to isolate it from the exhaust heat, 30cm or so should do it.

Thanks!
I wanted to ask sensor not gauge, so is there any sensors that can measure EGT and EMAP also? Both through one hole in this plug above.

baldur
Fast

08-28-2017, 09:35 AM #4
No I am not aware of any sensors that can measure both of those at once, and as I pointed out a pressure sensor needs to be mounted away from the heat of the exhaust manifold. However it's not difficult to measure both through one hole. You can use a tee that passes the temperature probe through and into the exhaust manifold, and take the pressure reading off the side.

Baldur Gislason

baldur
08-28-2017, 09:35 AM #4

No I am not aware of any sensors that can measure both of those at once, and as I pointed out a pressure sensor needs to be mounted away from the heat of the exhaust manifold. However it's not difficult to measure both through one hole. You can use a tee that passes the temperature probe through and into the exhaust manifold, and take the pressure reading off the side.

Baldur Gislason

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average