STD Tuning Engine Custom IC to intake mani pipe on 606

Custom IC to intake mani pipe on 606

Custom IC to intake mani pipe on 606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BoostedW124
TA 0301

08-27-2017, 11:04 PM #1
Cant do anything on these cars without removing our beautiful intake manifold. I deleted the egr system last year and love it. My last problem was where the manifold "plugs into" the fmic pipe with an o ring and extremely awkward bolt. I have been using my car for a while without the bolt and just having the manifold pipe sitting onto the fmic pipe. Worked but i noticed soot/leaking around this junction and i have been wanting to improve for a while. My boost guage peaks at 15psi and performance is good but i know i must be losing alot from this poor seal. So tonight i finally made a flange welded to a 2.5 inch pipe. I plan on joining them together with a 2.5 coupler and hose clamps like a traditional IC setup. I just need to tap a vacuum port and tomorrow i will install and update. Anyone else have experience or input with this junction?

1998 w210 e300 TD: egr delete, muffler delete, amg 18s, I love this car!
1995 w124 e300 diesel: bolted on junkyard w210 turbo.. yes you can "easily" boost your om606na! RIP
1991 w201: putting the om606 na to turbo into this. Not enough hours in the day!
BoostedW124
08-27-2017, 11:04 PM #1

Cant do anything on these cars without removing our beautiful intake manifold. I deleted the egr system last year and love it. My last problem was where the manifold "plugs into" the fmic pipe with an o ring and extremely awkward bolt. I have been using my car for a while without the bolt and just having the manifold pipe sitting onto the fmic pipe. Worked but i noticed soot/leaking around this junction and i have been wanting to improve for a while. My boost guage peaks at 15psi and performance is good but i know i must be losing alot from this poor seal. So tonight i finally made a flange welded to a 2.5 inch pipe. I plan on joining them together with a 2.5 coupler and hose clamps like a traditional IC setup. I just need to tap a vacuum port and tomorrow i will install and update. Anyone else have experience or input with this junction?

1998 w210 e300 TD: egr delete, muffler delete, amg 18s, I love this car!
1995 w124 e300 diesel: bolted on junkyard w210 turbo.. yes you can "easily" boost your om606na! RIP
1991 w201: putting the om606 na to turbo into this. Not enough hours in the day!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average